Walking Dead Season 3 Vol 5 (TV thread, no GN spoilers)

Isalie

Dale tried to warn her about Shane, but she agreed with Shanes sentiments because "he wasn't a victim," was that a flaw in Dales character that he couldn't convince her?

I'll just start this thread saying Andrea was right to get it on with Shane, he was the sanest one in the group.

Telling the Gov to "please don't shut me out" post head-jars however, not her finest moment.

Soooo did y'all think it was crazy when Darryl squished the zombie's head in the trunk door? It was all like SPLAAW and like GOOSH

They are getting creative with the kills. Last week Glen killed a walker by stompping its head in. The question is who will kill a zombie with a bowling ball next week?

They are getting creative with the kills. Last week Glen killed a walker by stompping its head in. The question is who will kill a zombie with a bowling ball next week?

or, who will kill ten walkers with a bowling ball

Yeah because if you guys were surrounded by the ravenous dead you'ld be all Cool Hand Luke calmly turning the keys in the ignition after delivering a few swift head stabs with the bone knife you'ld fashioned from the zombie who'd managed to crawl half way into the back of your car (not forgetting to place the baby safely back in its booster seat before accelerating, of course). :cool4:

Maybe not... But call it motherly instinct - I'm sure as shit not gonna sit there like a praying bump on a log and let my baby become a snack :P

Those folks had to have been holed up somewhere for the better part of the year if that's how they are handling zombies.

First lesson, don't stop the car on a bridge.

Second lesson, don't drop your gun.

Third lesson, don't leave mom and baby trapped in a car with the hatchback open :bang:

Anyway, it was good to see Daryl do his thang and be the man we know and love. Saving Little Ass Kickers and such.

And you basically just called Michonne a "f^ck-up."

No, I said she was a paranoid mute with an inability to talk to other people when it's most important.

Again, it's not what Andrea doesn't know, but what she DOES know that she should be at least curious about. And she has had PLENTY of evidence that not all is well with the Governer or her surroundings, especially knowing now he was holding her friends captive with Merle as his henchman.

She figured the captive friends things like last episode. I'm talking about the constant hate that she gets for sleeping with the Gov and letting Michonne go when there was no evidence that she should do such a thing. She did her own asking around, she didn't just drink the man's kool-aid. But because she didn't just let Michonne pull her outside to die she's a SKANK.

Maybe it's because I'm immersed in the show, but this seems perfectly sane. Now, in the world of WD Andrea could die from a scratch, falling into a ditch or whatever. Now, as the audience we know that this is unlikely to be her death, but looking at it from Andrea's perspective she doesn't. Why should she follow Michonne when the woman won't make her reasons clear.

Except it wasnt "just sex," it was a relationship where Shane was trying to take Ricks place, which he had for awhile. With the exception of the physical aspect, I'm guessing that the emotional didn't just happen overnight as marital troubles between Rick and Lori were alluded to in the first episode, so I'm sure in a small group that at least a few people noticed, certainly Andrea did because she confronted Lori.

So what? Why should I care? Rick was dead. Shane was there, he protected the group and Lori. The world had literally ended. And he was hot. I don't see the problem? I've always found the fact that people held this against Lori really strange, as if there's some minimum amount of mourning time a woman should have and if she doesn't she's..bad let's say.

And again, Dale warned Andrea about Shane, so she's not in the dark about his nature.

This would depend on the warning and how plausible it was. And let's not even mention that such a warning might not have made the fact that Shane was going to try to kill Rick clear.

Are we going to get an official

?

They are running straight into a classic zombie dilemma. The corpses are clearly rotting or rotten, but in a constant state. And yeh, their clothes are not similarly falling apart.

It made sense in the first two seasons because the walkers had only been dead a few months. But now they've been dead a year or more. There should be significant loss of function.

They can't use the excuse that the virus retards decay because they are decaying. And yet they can't have them decay normally because then the giant herds would all be gone within a few months, especially in the South.

What I find strange is that the zombies' clothing is in better shape than their skin. Realistically, a year or two after Z-day, there should be a whole lot of naked zombies running around (just sayin')...

I don't know. If you take a dead body and a suit of clothes and leave them both out int he elements, the dead body is going to decompose a lot quicker than the clothing.

What I find strange is that the zombies' clothing is in better shape than their skin. Realistically, a year or two after Z-day, there should be a whole lot of naked zombies running around (just sayin')...

Yep. Thanks for the mental flash of dangling decomposed zombie bits :ack:

Hadn't even thought of that until then. Yummmmmmmy. Dinner's on!

They are running straight into a classic zombie dilemma. The corpses are clearly rotting or rotten, but in a constant state. And yeh, their clothes are not similarly falling apart.

It made sense in the first two seasons because the walkers had only been dead a few months. But now they've been dead a year or more. There should be significant loss of function.

They can't use the excuse that the virus retards decay because they are decaying. And yet they can't have them decay normally because then the giant herds would all be gone within a few months, especially in the South.

Just to play a little Devil's Advocate (zombie apparel advocate?):

I think we're seeing some of the loss of function and decomposition - Glen stomping the skull, using the zombie arm as a knife.... also there are new zombie's being made all the time, so not all the zombie's will be at the same stage of decomposition.

But yeah, all valid points, and I doubt the show will address any of them. Any synthetic fibers shouldn't be decaying much, maybe those that break down when exposed to sunlight, and heavier cotton stuff like jeans can last for a long time too, but it's been what, a year at max since Z-day?

clearly a normal body would decay much quicker than the clothing, It's why I throw my food out long before my clothing,

Why is the old thread still running? I thought we only started new ones when it was "full" or at a logical break point eg new season? Maybe a new thread only starts when someone calls it? I don't know but it seems silly to have two active threads on the exact same thing. Can't the old one be locked?

Hell, as soft as zombie heads apparently are, I'm just waiting for the "punch through the head" moment. I vote Merle as the candidate for this but only if he gets his metal stump protector caught in the skull.

philosophical question,,,

If you punch a zombie straight through the back of its head into its brains and out its mouth, would you become infected if you scrap your knuckles on its teeth on the way out?

philosophical question,,,

If you punch a zombie straight through the back of its head into its brains and out its mouth, would you become infected if you scrap your knuckles on its teeth on the way out?

You're already infected, pal. But just to be safe, amputate that hand!

Archived