Spider-Man actor and director announced

Bastard of Boston

To people who follow Marvel perhaps... But they also have a female Thor.

To the entire country, Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

I've not read a Spider-Man comic in 25 years. (The one I remember, he was fighting Magma and his suit got shredded leading him to wear the black and white full time.). To me, Miles Morales is only a name that I've heard on this forum. I want my Peter Parker.

But honestly, after watching AS and AS2 last week with my son, I really want more Andrew Garfield. Think he was great as Peter.

Yeah I have no idea who that is, but Marvel tend to be solid on casting. I saw him in Wolf Hall I guess but can't really recall him.

I liked Garfield in the role so I'm slightly annoyed they wanted to recast.

I'd have preferred Miles, but I can see why they didn't do that. Even if they did is Donald Glover not a little old now? And wrapped up in his music as well.

They seem determined to do the teenage hero route with him, so I can see why they want to start over; but I just think there origin movies in less than 15 years is a bit much.

With a little hand waving, audiences would have accepted the Amazing Spider-Man world into the MCU. Peter is still young there (having just graduated high school a year or so ago) and conflicted after the death of Gwen. The stage was perfectly set to introduce him onto the big stage.

Yeah I have no idea who that is, but Marvel tend to be solid on casting. I saw him in Wolf Hall I guess but can't really recall him.

I liked Garfield in the role so I'm slightly annoyed they wanted to recast.

I'd have preferred Miles, but I can see why they didn't do that. Even if they did is Donald Glover not a little old now? And wrapped up in his music as well.

He was good in "The Impossible" and "How I Live Now", but that casting seems so...unlike Marvel that I can just see Sony's incompetent fingers all over it.

Also, Jon Watts' imdb is one hot mess, to put it mildly.

To people who follow Marvel perhaps... But they also have a female Thor.

To the entire country, Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

I've not read a Spider-Man comic in 25 years. (The one I remember, he was fighting Magma and his suit got shredded leading him to wear the black and white full time.). To me, Miles Morales is only a name that I've heard on this forum. I want my Peter Parker.

This.

Peter Parker is played out. The only way i'd ever consider watching another Spiderman movie is with Miles wearing the suit. Another zzzzzzzz inducing decision.

Archived