(Spoilers)True Detective Season 2: gold teeth optional

Elder Sister

So whose arterial spray do we think was in that cabin? I say missing girl. Also, is there some kind of snuff film connection? I have to watch again, I feel like it was alluded to when they were talking about the hard drive.

It looked like there was blood where a person's crotch would be. I'd say that's where Caspere was done.

Definitely a vast improvement on the first 4. I've been trying to like this season so this episode gives me a little bit of hope.

Klitsch was dreadful again this week, particularly brutal in the scene with his mother. Farrell on the other hand was brilliant.

An interesting episode. The parts are starting to come together.

Not a big surprise that Frank gave Ray a fake rapist. He eliminates a rival or associate and gets a cop in his pocket. I agree that Farrell's acting is the best on the show. It seems everyone is using Ray's kid to get to him. I really hope he's his now.

Not surprised that Rick Shrinkfield is in the sex trade.

Paul's mom is a real peach.

I wonder who got tortured or killed in the cabin.

However, I do have to suspend disbelief with the whole secret investigation in to Caspere's death now. If corruption was as bad as it is supposed to be in the show, there would be no issue with investigating it. The Feds would be all over it.

I do have to get my "Ray shot first" t-shirt ready for next week's episode.

I'm going to say that Frank truly believed that the guy was the rapist and passed the info to Velcoro in good faith. When he finds out he too was duped, and because of his desire to find the movies, Frank is going to join the Mod Squad. I think Vera was killed on the seat. The missing sister.

For a moment there I thought that Ani was going to ask her sister to go to a party and inform on what was happening. That upset me, but then It became clear that she was asking for herself to infiltrate.

"You could have been a scrape job."

This may be the worst single line of dialect in television history. I had to pause the episode to comment about it here.

For me the worst was Ani telling her sister this about memories: "you may not remember them, but they remember you." Then again, I watched without subtitles and I hope I'm wrong.

OK... I just finished the episode and despite some of the horrible dialog, it was a pretty solid effort. It seems that the case is going to be the focus this year, and it is actually a pretty decent Whodunnit. Last season, the case didn't matter as much as it was just a study of the two characters, but this year it seems to be the driving force of the plot.

I am looking forward to seeing the big confrontation next week. 

For me the worst was Ani telling her sister this about memories: "you may not remember them, but they remember you." Then again, I watched without subtitles and I hope I'm wrong.

What about "It's like blue balls... in your heart."   Which I will admit is hilarious, but was delivered with absolute sincerity.

I liked this one. Felt this was a good start to the season.

edit: RIP Velcoro's moustache 

It clearly was holding the show back. I liked this episode more than any of the others. There weren't any big moments but the characters were being fleshed out and becoming functional. There was also only one "traffic" connecting scene.

For all the bad dialogue, I still enjoyed the "I'm chinese" - "Then go and stand in front of a tank". Felt like a gangster comeback.

I also liked the intro at the counselling meeting about victim blaming. It was worth keeping in mind when we then had a scene where Velcoro's wife was made to look like the villain (from her POV and anyone who isn't Velcoro it makes absolute sense), a scene where Seymon's wife admits she can't have kids (he forgives her but I'm sure a lot of the audience at least had a moment of "she needn't talk") and then we had the scene with woodrough where his mum someone shifts the blame onto him for stealing his money and ruining her life. Not subtle in any way but I do like when an episode links up thematically

Now, if only the next three episodes are as strong as this one, I might forgive the first half of the show for being lame.

Also, does this mean that the whole infrastructure thing was the wrong line of thinking for the detectives,and the creepy aspects of Caspere was what they should have focused on ?

Now, if only the next three episodes are as strong as this one, I might forgive the first half of the show for being lame.

Also, does this mean that the whole infrastructure thing was the wrong line of thinking for the detectives,and the creepy aspects of Caspere was what they should have focused on ?

Well I forgive the end of season 1 being lame due to the strength of the first half so it would make for a nice reflection.

My crazy "Caspere isn't dead gathered steam" with the fact the pyschiatrist is also a plastic surgeon. So they blew off his junk and removed his eyes as they were the parts that might be identifiable? Caspere is still kicking around and some poor sod took the fall. Meanwhile Caspere is the person in the bird mask and has a nice get out from the politicians he has ran afoul of. I really hope I'm wrong but it'll be hilarious if I'm not :)

Well I forgive the end of season 1 being lame due to the strength of the first half so it would make for a nice reflection.

My crazy "Caspere isn't dead gathered steam" with the fact the pyschiatrist is also a plastic surgeon. So they blew off his junk and removed his eyes as they were the parts that might be identifiable? Caspere is still kicking around and some poor sod took the fall. Meanwhile Caspere is the person in the bird mask and has a nice get out from the politicians he has ran afoul of. I really hope I'm wrong but it'll be hilarious if I'm not :)

His face was still recognizable.  I'm pretty sure Caspere is dead.  And having a replacement who had plastic surgery to look like Caspere just so you can kill him....there are way less expensive, less troublesome ways to fake a person's death.  I can't see them doing something so elaborate.  But as you say - it will be hilariously cheesy if that's the road this takes.  

I knew Dixon was a bad guy.  That poor actor is always typecast as the bad guy.  I thought VV gave an amazing performance tonight.  He is looking and acting like a gangster to me.  

Yeah, this was good. Finally everything is starting to tie together, the plot is actually happening and isn't confusing as fuck. I'm still not that invested in VV's character, but him having a few happier moments instantly made him more relatable, so I guess everything's coming up Milhouse. Hope this is just the beginning of something great.

His face was still recognizable.  I'm pretty sure Caspere is dead.  And having a replacement who had plastic surgery to look like Caspere just so you can kill him....there are way less expensive, less troublesome ways to fake a person's death.  I can't see them doing something so elaborate.  But as you say - it will be hilariously cheesy if that's the road this takes.  

I knew Dixon was a bad guy.  That poor actor is always typecast as the bad guy.  I thought VV gave an amazing performance tonight.  He is looking and acting like a gangster to me.  

Me too but I like to have a crazy theory, especially  when I don't have much to go on.

What about "It's like blue balls... in your heart."   Which I will admit is hilarious, but was delivered with absolute sincerity.

It took me a few seconds to parse it, but I thought it was a strangely effective and fitting line.

Archived