Watch, Watched, Watching: Blame is safer than praise

Howdyphillip

I think I'm alone in not being a fan of Lethal Weapon. I quit watching after half an hour IIRC.

I binged through South Park S19 yesterday, have finished rewatching Battlestar Galactica S1, and am halfway done with S1 of Deadwood. All three very enjoyable.

I'm making my way through season 3 of Deadwood now. Not as good as the first two seasons so far.

No, but Mac's use of blackface was regrettable. 

I'm in a Sunny facebook page and someone actually dressed up in blackface because the Gang does in the show and I was horrified...until the admins of the page NOPED the hell out of it and frimly told ANYONE who thinks blackface and racist jokes and ANY of the evil behaviour the gang does to be okay to replicate in real life that they would INSTABAN them hahaha

I'm in a Sunny facebook page and someone actually dressed up in blackface because the Gang does in the show and I was horrified...until the admins of the page NOPED the hell out of it and frimly told ANYONE who thinks blackface and racist jokes and ANY of the evil behaviour the gang does to be okay to replicate in real life that they would INSTABAN them hahaha

If even Dennis has a problem with your actions, you've crossed a line. :lol: 

So there's a lot of SF-flavoured adult-level cartoons around now, and I haven't watched any of them.  Where to start, how many episodes / seasons exist of each, and what are they about?

* Archer

* Venture Bros.

* Adventure Time

* Rick and Morty

Anything else?

I FINALLY watched The Good, The Bad and The Ugly last week. I've wanted to do that for years and it was as good as I expected. Very well written, well acted and of course the music is beyond compare. I'll admit that I was bored occasionally (hey, it's three hours long) but a great experience overall.

Other than that, still watching Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead.

Watched the first episode of SyFy's The Expanse.

Kept thinking of Babylon-5 throughout.

It doesn't start very well, from either photography or the script.  It's a woman alone in the dark, screaming.  So yet another horror flick in space.

But then it's a hard boiled detective in space. Complete with fedora.  In the 23 or the 25 century -- whatever, it's a long time from now.  In fact fedoras are a long time from this now, other than their current comeback as self conscious hipster irony statements blahblahblah.

Followed by the (cringe-worthy dialog -- not good writing at all!) older woman doting on grandchild, contrasted with her other, real tough power figure self. And here we've got politics and warfare.

So maybe it isn't horrow flick in space, but really politics, war and invasion, colonialism, capitalism in space? This treatment I can deal with.  But all that bait and switch stuff at the top, if that's what it is, as well as much more attention to design than to character and story, not interesting.  It's kinda cheesy looking a lot of the time, but a lot of the time cheesy in the good way that B-5 was.  (I pretty much loved most of B-5, particularly the class and politics stuff.) It certainly shares the throw everything including the kitchen sink approach with B-5.

Next episode Dec. 15.

Just finished the first season of Deadwood. Amazing show. First-rate acting, dialogue and writing. Terrific finale too, a great mix of touching and exciting scenes.

^I don't think I remember what happens in that movie, just that it was awesome and I couldn't stop whistling the score. 

I'd listened to the score dozens of times before having seen a single second of actual footage. It's as awesome as the movie. But when it's that long you're bound to forget some scenes.

Yeah, Deadwood season 1 is among my favorite seasons of any show ever. Doc's prayer and the closing scene with the piano playing is firmly etched in my mind.

Just finished Episode 3 of Season 5 (the last season) of Strike Back. Something feels off so far. The writing is a bit cheesy and B-movie style. I know Strike Back has never been exactly an A-list show, but this season feels a bit ... cheaper .. so far. 

Also, who decided to turn the man-whore, Special Forces soldier Damian Scott into American Dad? That person should be fired!!

Archived