Vikings VIII: 20 episodes under the sea [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

I thought TLK first season was better than anything Vikings has done tbh. Vikings might have some higher highs, but TLK is more consistent imo. I enjoyed every episode. Not sure I can say the same about any season of Vikings. That said, season 4 looks great. 

Can't speak much on Black Sails as I just couldn't get into it. Watched most of the first season and decided not to continue. 

GoT is still my favorite of any of these shows being discussed. Or at least the one I look most foward to anyway. 

I can stress out enough how people who stopped after one season of Black Sails should try the second one ! It's... man... come on... that season was !

Zorral, I love as well the BBC's take on Dumas work ! A very free adaptation of the Musketeers, but in keeping with the atmosphere of the books ! Looking forward to next season !

37 minutes ago, Arkash said:

I can stress out enough how people who stopped after one season of Black Sails should try the second one ! It's... man... come on... that season was !

Can't be bothered to check it out. :P

There's plenty of shows to watch that grabbed me right of the bat. I felt like I gave it a fair shake, just wasn't for me. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Can't be bothered to check it out. :P

There's plenty of shows to watch that grabbed me right of the bat. I felt like I gave it a fair shake, just wasn't for me. :dunno: 

Same. I think i got to the last episode of season one (after 3 attempts) andrealisef i had no intterest at all in the characters or plot

I think I was scratching my head at the love the forum was giving when I went and checked out the first 6 episodes. 2-6 seemed to consist entirely of characters i didn't like doing stuff i didn't like. Then they went back to sea and did pirate stuff.

I can't blame folk for not sticking with it though. I did the same with SHIELD - I even made it to the "ok" winter soldier stuff but never went back, despite everyone saying it's a lot better. There is a lot of TV out there and maybe the pirate genre isn't for everyone. But I'd urge them to watch an episode of the second season though :)

On 1/27/2016 at 6:17 AM, Arkash said:

Zorral, I love as well the BBC's take on Dumas work ! A very free adaptation of the Musketeers, but in keeping with the atmosphere of the books ! Looking forward to next season !

It doesn't look as though seasons 3 will air before March, alas.

The same with Peaky Blinders, the other series on my list of favorites.  :)

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

It doesn't look as though seasons 3 will air before March, alas.

The same with Peaky Blinders, the other series on my list of favorites.  :)

Ooh, good call on Peaky Blinders. Season 3 is due this year some time though right?

Did anyone see the leaked set pictures from season 4?

Alexander Ludwig posted a photo on his IG of him looking quite aged up with a long beard. Saw a video on YouTube with leaked set photo of a really aged Ragnar with a very long greyish beard. Video also had 2 photos of what is said to be Ragnar's 2nd and 3rd sons, Ubbe and Hvitserk. They both look to be around the same age that Bjorn was after the season 2 time jump. Looks like we're gonna have a big time jump again, probably for the second half of season 4. Should be interesting.

23 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

A personal message from Travis Fimmel ahead of new season of #Vikings this Thursday! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tsiWBclwB4

https://twitter.com/RothCornet/status/696842144686845952

You know, it's scary how realistic Fimmel looks as a Viking even when he's not acting the part. Probably the most convincing looking protagonist on TV right now. 

Just finished watching Vikings. I liked the show but there are far too many religion/vision/prophecies bs for my taste. It's one thing to show that as folly/insanity and completely another to make it completely true and right every time. Started to watch it because I thought that this was a "history" show but turns out it's complete fantasy.

29 minutes ago, Guess who's back said:

Just finished watching Vikings. I liked the show but there are far too many religion/vision/prophecies bs for my taste. It's one thing to show that as folly/insanity and completely another to make it completely true and right every time. Started to watch it because I thought that this was a "history" show but turns out it's complete fantasy.

The show is very, very loosely based on history (i.e. Rollo is inspired by the real Rollo but who lived at a later date), and loosely based on the Norse sagas which talk about Ragnar Lothbrook. Other than the wanderer-god guy who showed up in season 3, I think all the other elements of fantasy are perfectly acceptable for what they tried to do with the show.

Right, I don't think this show was ever billed as being historically correct. It's just based on elements of Viking lore. Very entertaining show when they focus on the Vikings. I tend to lose interest when they stray to England. I have seen enough shows about that history and lore.

4 hours ago, Guess who's back said:

One word...Hirst.

23 hours ago, Corvinus said:

The show is very, very loosely based on history (i.e. Rollo is inspired by the real Rollo but who lived at a later date), and loosely based on the Norse sagas which talk about Ragnar Lothbrook. Other than the wanderer-god guy who showed up in season 3, I think all the other elements of fantasy are perfectly acceptable for what they tried to do with the show.

Didn't the show start on the history channel??

Either way, I'm halfway through season 2 now and really enjoying it. I too wish it was a little more historical and less fantasy in some of its elements as I think that spoils it. The interesting part for me is the interaction between England and Vikin culture.

I am having trouble deciding whether Ragnar is actually a good or terrible actor however. How many times is he going to do his smile.. frown reaction. 

Archived