The Walking Dead Season 6: "Who's Neegan?" (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

Danny Trejo is interesting cause of the image you assume he plays. Frankly, I don't know that he's good enough of an actor to do everything Morrisey did.

But, as I said, it's fun to imagine an ideal Danny Trejo bringing that sort of menacing guy to life. 

The tragic thing about how lazy and ridiculous episodes like this one are is that they showed just a few weeks ago that they are CAPABLE of writing this thing well.

oh well....  Plenty of other good things to watch these days i guess.

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, plus the actor has said, does he say that line to Darryl, or to Rosita? It's not clear. And anyone who thinks that the barbed wire baseball bat isn't going to be used next episode is in for a surprise. I mean it was on the gun handle that Caaarrrlll took from the armory too.

The only thing I wish had been different about the last episode was the mass amount of people who left the place. Five of your best people in combat take off chasing other people based on emotion at a time of need, shows a lack of control and leadership.

The problem is, though, do we really want the big season finale to be another case of an outside group of zombies/people attacking our characters' home base? Hasn't that been done to death already? That may well happen with the Saviors at some point, but it's too soon after the Wolves' attack to go back to that well again so soon.

So... if we don't want a repeat of that, they need to get a bunch of the main characters out of Alexandria for the big finale.

Contrived? Perhaps. But I'll accept contrived over repetitive story telling. It's a tv show, after all - so what's entertaining and interesting has to take precedence over what may or may not be realistic.

9 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Several people have acknowledged that there are issues with representation on TV, including me, and yet we are all still 'completely missing the point.' My argument isn't that other shows do worse, it's that TWD does pretty well when it comes to diversity, especially when compared to the rest of the TV landscape.
And, no. Were you to bring this up in a show that had no developed characters of color and/or no LGBT characters (say, Deadwood), I would absolutely agree with you.

And come on, how can you expect us to take you seriously when you reply with something like that?

I would never suggest that I have any sort of mastery of language, but I am fairly certain that "Here are some problems with representation in this show" does not mean "this show is the absolute worst with representation."  Several of you keep insisting these two statements are the same but I assure you they aren't.  It would be like if I said "There are problems with my cable connection" and you replied with "but there are worse cable connections!"  The first statement isn't the equivalent of the second statement, and neither does it deny the second statement. 

8 hours ago, Knute said:

How did a discussion about how the TV show plays out lead to a discussion on race and the representation of minorities?

Because diversity on tv is relevant, particularly in this show due to the dynamics that led the characters coming together.  

7 hours ago, Commodore said:

theory I've heard that I like is that Maggie had a miscarriage and now has a zombie baby inside her

That's just silly. At her stage especially.

Actually I am not an expert on this so I better qualify my statement. To me, this seems like a ridiculous theory

Some versions of this theory have gotten truly stupid.  Like I saw it somewhere that this zombie fetus which is about the size of a quarter will have massive and sharp teeth and will eat it's way through the placenta, uterus and Maggie's flesh.  The show has already establish that zombie gore and blood doesn't cause so much as inflammation when directly rubbed into an open wound.  The sad thing is, I have no trust they'd remember this, and I probably don't even trust anyone involved in production would know basic human biology and so going with the fetus with teeth might be consistent with their standards of stupidity.  

14 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I would never suggest that I have any sort of mastery of language, but I am fairly certain that "Here are some problems with representation in this show" does not mean "this show is the absolute worst with representation."  Several of you keep insisting these two statements are the same but I assure you they aren't.  It would be like if I said "There are problems with my cable connection" and you replied with "but there are worse cable connections!"  The first statement isn't the equivalent of the second statement, and neither does it deny the second statement. 

Because diversity on tv is relevant, particularly in this show due to the dynamics that led the characters coming together.  

No, it doesn't mean that. And nobody has said that this show is the absolute worst with representation, because it isn't. I didn't say that anyone said that. I said that people have said there are issues with it.
This comparison isn't in correct, but I think a more fitting analogy would be that you complained about your cable connection when it's actually a pretty alright connection in a town where most people have no cable at all.

Im beginning to wonder if @Dr. Peppereven understands words, lol. I just had to, even though its a childish get back. I understand Dr. Pepper's point and do feel there is conversation to be had. I feel, when watching this show, am always waiting on the next black guy to die. And, yes i see a problem with it in a lot of movies and shows. I have 3 half sister (same mother, their father is black) and about 10 nieces and nephews that you wouldn't know had a drop of white in them. The older ones often ask why there isnt more black people in shows of importance. They notice it and I believe it does bother them. So yea, there is conversation to be had. And, what's more amazing is I'm seeing eye to eye with Dr. Pepper.     

19 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

The problem is, though, do we really want the big season finale to be another case of an outside group of zombies/people attacking our characters' home base? Hasn't that been done to death already? That may well happen with the Saviors at some point, but it's too soon after the Wolves' attack to go back to that well again so soon.

So... if we don't want a repeat of that, they need to get a bunch of the main characters out of Alexandria for the big finale.

Contrived? Perhaps. But I'll accept contrived over repetitive story telling. It's a tv show, after all - so what's entertaining and interesting has to take precedence over what may or may not be realistic.

Unfortunately I don't really think there's a lot more they can do with this show other than introducing other groups to fight against our guys and our guys ending up on top. I feel like next season should be the last one because the show has jumped the shark already with that stupid Glenn-stuff. I know that this thing has been dubbed "The zombie movie that never ends", but in my opinion a show usually can't sustain itself infinitely long and reaches an expiration date at some point, at which time you should wrap it up nicely in an exiting finale. If you don't, it gets really boring and repetitive and will die slowly and quietly. Good examples for both extremes are Breaking Bad and ER.

I think that The Walking Dead is slowly approaching its expiration date and will soon have to decide how it wants to be remembered.

I don't think it will be an all out attack. I wonder if we'll see the captives seriously injured or killed then left outside the gates.

Since the whole season has kind of revolved around when to kill and such.

Leaving the captives injured on the ground with walkers decending seems like a good way to end it.

2 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

Unfortunately I don't really think there's a lot more they can do with this show other than introducing other groups to fight against our guys and our guys ending up on top. I feel like next season should be the last one because the show has jumped the shark already with that stupid Glenn-stuff. I know that this thing has been dubbed "The zombie movie that never ends", but in my opinion a show usually can't sustain itself infinitely long and reaches an expiration date at some point, at which time you should wrap it up nicely in an exiting finale. If you don't, it gets really boring and repetitive and will die slowly and quietly. Good examples for both extremes are Breaking Bad and ER.

I think that The Walking Dead is slowly approaching its expiration date and will soon have to decide how it wants to be remembered.

Don't remember where I read it but I believe the showrunners are planning for it to go ahead well into the future. The ratings are still really good, and the comics are going to keep providing existing material for years and years to come.

Don't get me wrong, I find it absolutely ludicrous that so many people are still invested in a show with writing so uneven, but yeah.

14 hours ago, denstorebog said:

Don't remember where I read it but I believe the showrunners are planning for it to go ahead well into the future. The ratings are still really good, and the comics are going to keep providing existing material for years and years to come.

Yeah, I think an article was posted in one of the previous threads where the showrunners mentioned that they have storylines mapped out through to season 12. The article also mentions that seasons 1-5 covered comic book material through to issue #75. I've no idea how many issues of the comic are out currently but Kirkman did say that he plans to do at least 300 issues. So, unless viewership ratings absolutely tank, this show could go 20 seasons or more. More likely though is the show is eventually cancelled and we never get an ending on screen.

Could you imagine a season finale where basically our whole group dies, except say, Maggie, Michonne, Rosita, Carl and maybe Father Gabriel. Carol and Morgan are still gone on a walkabout and presumed safe.  The rest of Alexandria comes under Savior control, the next few seasons are from the Savior POV ruling The Hilltop and Alexandria, while finding new groups to conquer. It would be kinda like The Boltons on GOT.

Yes I know that would never happen so don't chastise me, just something that I was thinking about.

16 hours ago, dbunting said:

Could you imagine a season finale where basically our whole group dies, except say, Maggie, Michonne, Rosita, Carl and maybe Father Gabriel. Carol and Morgan are still gone on a walkabout and presumed safe.  The rest of Alexandria comes under Savior control, the next few seasons are from the Savior POV ruling The Hilltop and Alexandria, while finding new groups to conquer. It would be kinda like The Boltons on GOT.

Yes I know that would never happen so don't chastise me, just something that I was thinking about.

That would be awesome, but I don't think this show can survive Rick. I would want an episode at some point where just half the group dies, that would make me really happy. This show is not called "The Walking Alive", but it might as well at this point.

8 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

That would be awesome, but I don't think this show can survive Rick. I would want an episode at some point where just half the group dies, that would make me really happy. This show is not called "The Walking Alive", but it might as well at this point.

If you look at this page, you can see just how long the current group members have been alive, and it kind of bothers me how little the core group has changed in the past seasons. I mean, Rosita has already been around longer than Lori or Andrea, Aaron has been around longer than Shane, and we haven't really got to show much for those characters. So I agree, they need to start killing more characters. The cast is way too big at this point anyway.

On 3/31/2016 at 10:48 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

The last 10 minutes of the finales audio leaked?

Any follow up on this? I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow and I'd really like to know if that horrible rumor is confirmed. 

Archived