[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

25 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No, the background was CGI both in 5.10 and in 6.06, just different ones

But if it was for me that scene wouldn't have existed, because Larry wouldn't be so stupid to be with Cersei at that point

It's just that I like the new location (without the special effects)

You just like they filmed it in Girona :D. (I am correct about the fact it was in Girona, right?)

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yep

But.....we should consider that Marg was probably not going to do the walk.

Maybe HS knew she wouldn't and it was not a quick response to JL, just that Marg and Tommen were going to make the discourse in front of everyone and that's it. 

JL mobilised everyone just for nothing. Larry didn't see that coming because he is a blind dumb. He just sees Carol.

Right.  But then why not do the whole charade at the same entrance where Cercei's walk o' shame began?  No, they had to do it at a different entrance of Baelor's Sept (or the same entrance with a different background with more room) so there would be enough room for the impressive marching of the Tyrell soldiers.

Once again, things just don't make sense if subjected to even the tiniest bit of scrutiny.  Actually, the HS could have been much smarter about the whole thing.  I mean, if he'd had Marg at the same place as Cercei (with the much narrower street) then the Tyrell army, practically, couldn't have arrived to menace him at. all.:idea:   

Just now, Tijgy said:

You just like they filmed it in Girona :D. (I am correct about the fact it was in Girona, right?)

Yes!! That's what I liked!!! And also NCW riding a white horse is always a good thing to see (even if he's playing Larry)

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes!! That's what I liked!!! And also NCW riding a white horse is always a good thing to see (even if he's playing Larry)

We can think he was for that little moment Jaime.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

Anyway, what the hell is the show's plan for Varys is he really there just to stroke St. Tyrion's ego or will he pull a Le It was me all along backstab soap opera moment?

IIRC, the show has 0 references to the Blackfyres, no fAegon. Varys can only be what he looks to be. He has no hidden plan, none better than Doran's anyway:bang: A poor eunuch doing what he can for the children. They should kill him ASAP.

35 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes.....and he was thinking about saving Brienne The Brute Maid of Tarth.

http://brienneoftarth.tumblr.com/post/119119269163/mllebennet-tarth-ser-jaime-the-sapphire-isle

(10 episodes before)

What we all thought he was thinking: "I miss Brienne..."

What Larry was actually thinking: "So those are the Sapphire Isles? Wait a minute...why isn't it made of sapphires?"

4 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

What we all thought he was thinking: "I miss Brienne..."

What Larry was actually thinking: "So those are the Sapphire Isles? Wait a minute...why isn't it made of sapphires?"

:eek:

Just compare the adaptation of the Oathkeeper scene of the show from the books (I'm not talking about Pod, but about JB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJeNVSWy5g

with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqOo61mw95k

Larry;I need to be here for you.

Caroool:There will be a trial by combat. I have the mountainB)

So........JB vs. JC????

14 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

Yes, with Sam being able to acquire a missus and a kid and head south to get away from the WWs you gotta feel sorry for the NW deserter Ned Stark beheaded in the very first episode. All he really has to say is that he doesn't want the last thing to happen to him in his life is for one of His NW brothers to witness his shame because of his inability to protect them all from the White Walkers. He should have just went to Jeor Mormont and told Mormont that he has a desire to improve himself by getting an education that should take at least 5 years but not to worry because he may learn something that will help Jeor defeat the WWs and he will return upon completion of his Ph.D.! If Jeor was not satisfied with this he may have also pointed out that he never had much luck with the ladies before joining the watch and he knows of a wildling single mother that may be safer somewhere south of the wall and that he feels it rather obvious that he should have a chance to (symbolically protect the realms of men) settle down with this single mother wildling lady somewhere way down south and this in no way contradicts or conflicts his vows he swore, Jeor being a progressive type and a friend of the deserter previously would have had no problem with this and might have Inquired as to how sexual relations with the single mother were and assured the deserter that it was totally cool to have a go at having a happy sexual relationship with this lady and that the "take no wife and father no children" part of the vows are not important at all and wished the deserter the best of luck and sped him on his way, if only the deserter had known how to play Jeor like Sam played Jon in the show!

i always felt bad for that guy ned killed, for a family that says believes in the nights watch, have a fucking direwolf for sigil, not believing a man who said just saw a WW and kill him as a mad man and a coward, really  jackass lord stark

considering that the man claimed he saw ice demons, they could at least sent him back to the NW for trial and to examine the question, the sudden execution was like the hound said, he was a killer and enjoyed killing at some level at least.

my problem with ned stark, and robb for that matter, its not their claim of honor, is that they're just not reasonable.

7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Just compare the adaptation of the Oathkeeper scene of the show from the books (I'm not talking about Pod, but about JB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJeNVSWy5g

with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqOo61mw95k

So........JB vs. JC????

Ha, Bronn scene bombed J/B to honor St. Tyrion. St. T scene bombed SanSan in person (Cogman batting .000 with Sansa).

Wonder why Bronn never scene bombs Everlasting Twincest with St. Tyrion Awesomeness. Double our viewing pleasure! 

No one has honored St. Tyrion in far too long. Maybe Fansa takes time from her Rape Revenge Tour next episode.

St Tyrion can only appear in JB's scenes.

LC scenes should be full of passion, bcause if you put a lot of Tyrion, then Carol doesn't seem a protagonist of her own fairytale, and that wouldn't be fair,

Anyway, I was just pointing out the difference in Jaime's characterisation. When he is with Brienne, after Brienne tells him she would do X for you, his face is relaxed, and almost blushes (well, not than much). Let's forget the Tyrion gift for a moment (I know it's difficult LOL).

But with Carol....when Carol tells him The Mountain is beter than him....his face is the one of an angry kid.....  and quickly begins to kisseat her as he has used to for the last 30 years. 

It's just disgusting to see that regression, unless they are trying to sell us that twincest is sick, but I don't think it's the case.

11 hours ago, Facebookless Man said:

I'm pretty sure the writer is supposed to represent them, not George.

It's one of those things where they try to correct course and it backfires horribly because, well, there's not much you can do when the problem is you. So we get "empowered women" and it just proves the point about their misoginy. We get characters admitting to each other that none of their actions make sense like that fixes it. And we get "see, we're aware of our imperfections" - yeah congratulations dumbass, you just took your multi-million-dollar adaptation of an award-winning best-seller and made it about YOU. That sure showed us some humility.

I think it could even be Lena Headey telling them that Carol makes no sense to her :rofl:

But you have a great point about them being narcissists.  You notice the first part of the conversation where Arya says she 'didn't pay to get in', then 'I saw it 4 times for free' or something.  That was a knock on people pirating GOT.......Like, "WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU D$D, WE WANT ASOIAF GODAMNIT!!!"

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Anyway, I was just pointing out the difference in Jaime's characterisation. When he is with Brienne, after Brienne tells him she would do X for you, his face is relaxed, and almost blushes (well, not than much). Let's forget the Tyrion gift for a moment (I know it's difficult LOL).

But with Carol....when Carol tells him The Mountain is beter than him....his face is the one of an angry kid.....  and quickly begins to kisseat her as he has used to for the last 30 years. 

It's just disgusting to see that regression, unless they are trying to sell us that twincest is sick, but I don't think it's the case.

That is the difference between an actor having something to work with and not. Any good actor can emote on cue, but for them to dig deep, there has to be something there.

Jaime was lifelike, he had depth that the actor could draw from. He was a developed character, he had grown throughout the tale.

His motivations had been shown. When he rescued Brienne, we could see what led him to this, why he would risk everything for for her, expecting nothing in return.

Larry's got nothing. There is no logical reason for him to behave this way. So where is the actor going to draw from? The surface. Smile... frown... angry... sad...

Jaime at this point should not have anything to do with the Mountain, or Carol, as whitewashed as she is. Larry wants to yield him like a weapon, like Tywin.

How does this make any sense? I don't think they are tellng us anything other than they don't know how to tell a story. They are using him to prop up Carol, that's all.

They said wouldn't it be cool if... then forced the characters to fit. There's no message here other than Jaime is expendable and they don't know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

At this point I'd be happy if Varys turned out to be the harpy!

Yep, and he was being the harpy just so that Dany would fail and then Tyrion can step in and deal with the harpy and with such success (because Varys allows it) that the rest of Dany's supporters and the whole of Meereen will know how awesome St Tyrion is, as Varys already knows. I tell you what Tyrion is lucky Varys is a eunuch otherwise Varys would have amorous plans toward Tyrion. Maybe that is why St Tyrion isconstantly reminding Varys (and himself) that Varys has no cock! A ha ha, I cannot stop laughing, just the thought of Tyrions ceaseless cock jokes has me in stitches. YAWN!

46 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

That is the difference between an actor having something to work with and not. Any good actor can emote on cue, but for them to dig deep, there has to be something there.

Jaime was lifelike, he had depth that the actor could draw from. He was a developed character, he had grown throughout the tale.

His motivations had been shown. When he rescued Brienne, we could see what led him to this, why he would risk everything for for her, expecting nothing in return.

Larry's got nothing. There is no logical reason for him to behave this way. So where is the actor going to draw from? The surface. Smile... frown... angry... sad...

Jaime at this point should not have anything to do with the Mountain, or Carol, as whitewashed as she is. Larry wants to yield him like a weapon, like Tywin.

How does this make any sense? I don't think they are tellng us anything other than they don't know how to tell a story. They are using him to prop up Carol, that's all.

They said wouldn't it be cool if... then forced the characters to fit. There's no message here other than Jaime is expendable and they don't know what they are doing.

I have to totally agree.

SO sad.

Wanna bet they suddenly discover how to show missing someone, something they've failed at miserably because they don't bother trying, once Larry leaves Carol.

Brienne couldn't miss Jaime. Sansa couldn't miss Sandor. Jon couldn't miss Ygritte. Dany couldn't miss Drogo... But Larry will be sobbing into his pillow without Carol.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Wanna bet they suddenly discover how to show missing someone, something they've failed at miserably because they don't bother trying, once Larry leaves Carol.

Brienne couldn't miss Jaime. Sansa couldn't miss Sandor. Jon couldn't miss Ygritte. Dany couldn't miss Drogo... But Larry will be sobbing into his pillow without Carol.

Well they'd already done it in the Dorne storyline. "In the arms of the woman I love" :ack:

Archived