US Elections -- The Wrath of Khan

7 hours ago, lokisnow said:

Truly, I say unto you: your solution is VASTLY worse than the alleged problem.  Ugh. 

similar to the ancient pharmakos, which arrives during the loimos-wherein general defilement and infertility are the rule--here the cure contains a hubris worse than the danger of the disease, and is therefore an impurity that must also be expelled (like oedipus, like kellhus).

Not sure if this had been mentioned (I skimmed throough a few pages but I did not find it, apologies if I missed it), but Ben Carsons thinks the Khan's should actually apologize to Trump I know it's just Dr. Giggles.

the biggest and the most powerfull empires came crashing down, kingdoms that seemed impossible to break did actually break in the past..

USA up untill now actually was a place that we could say with the full confidence is unbreakable or can not be destroyed like the past kingdoms, empires or republics but now i think DONALD TRUMP is the beginning of the end of USA.... 

Me personally being a physicist would hate USA to loose its greatness because science truly flourished under their guidance but me as a physicist would also like to see what comes next? after USA? its my curious side that asks me whats after the USA? I mean once we had greeks, thn romans, thn arabs thn mongols thn ottomans and british, thn germans for a little while and after that russia and USA and today USA is THE super power but now i am really curious that who will come after USA seeing whats happening in USA if Trump wins, he will lay the foundation that will destroy the unity of those american states, offcourse the world will suffer and might fall into dark ages or states might fight each other for power much like GoT but with modern guns and jets and tanks..

so i could not make my mind about what i actually wanted, i was leaning more towards trump winning so i can witness how power on global scale changes hands up untill democrates ruined it for me by bringing KHANs in the game... that might just win them the election and government might remain in more sane hands...

My very close working mates and best friends are americans and i see how they feel ashamed when they are here with us in europe discussing a man like trump and i assure thm that we have some very evil right wingers of our own in europe but they never come that close to power that they have nuke so close to their hands lol 

Those well educated working mates of mine are truly ashamed of trump and his bigotry... 

these guys also feel ashamed that how in todays politics bigot americans are shitting on facts and changing opinion and feelings into facts of their own which makes no sense at all...

so now i am waiting.... hoping for democrates to win for the sake of the world and on the other hand hoping for trump to win to see  shit to truly hit the fan and american empire to come crashing down....

America is a great country and it was made great after the WW2 and it became great thanks to the alliances it created around the world very much like good queen allysanne who tried to make houses marry each other in order to knit the realm together..

but trump is going to destroy those alliances.... i mean the dude couldnt even say he wont nuke EUROPE? he wont take the cards of the table when asked about nuking europe? lol this guy is not just a bigot he is an total idiot... and ppl who are going to vote for him lol i actually believe they are the ppl whos evolution is going backwards...

7 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

People Aren’t Really Appreciating Just How Bad Trump’s Campaign Has Been
“He is a neutron bomb that has gone off in the Republican Party,” said one top aide to Romney’s 2012 campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-campaign_us_57a4dd32e4b056bad2157ba0?

It has been a true Trumpster Fire.

On 07/08/2016 at 8:06 AM, Notone said:

Not sure if this had been mentioned (I skimmed throough a few pages but I did not find it, apologies if I missed it), but Ben Carsons thinks the Khan's should actually apologize to Trump I know it's just Dr. Giggles.

Carson is Trumps trusted adviser? I guess he's the voice of reason and wisdom.

15 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Which is why I get frustrated when I see people on the left expressing pleasure that Trump is the Republican nominee.

Except most poli sci types agree that "swing voters" don't decide elections; turning out your base does. I'm not sure if Trump will do that more for himself or for Clinton, though. (I'm guessing Clinton but we'll soon find out.)

17 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

New YouGov polls out of Virginia, Arizona, and Nevada. Hillary is +12 in Virginia, but only +2 in Nevada (might possibly be underestimating Spanish speakers). Trump is +2 in Arizona.

That might be the issue in Nevada, it certainly was in 2010 and 2012 (although not so much in 2014). I have heard a couple arguments though to explain why Trump may actually be doing relatively better in Nevada compared to the rest of the southwest. They could both, either, or neither be true.

One, Nevada has one of the lowest rates of college-educated whites in the country; right down there with West Virginia. And while Trump's whole plan of winning the election by over-performing with whites is currently crashing and burning due to how many college-educated whites are supporting Clinton, he is doing extremely well with non-college-whites. By contrast, Colorado has one of the highest rates of college-educated whites in the country, which is why it looks to be headed to a blowout, and Arizona and New Mexico are quite high as well (New Mexico does have one of the lowest rates of college-educated hispanics; but there is no change in voting pattern there).

Two, Nevada may be the rare state where Trump is relatively popular (at least, compared to nationwide). He has a lot of properties in Nevada, and unlike Atlantic City, they haven't all been failures (its also likely that he has very little to do with any of them; basically just selling his name to private investor groups). And there's so many other property scandals in Nevada that if he did get up to any out there, it probably really would be just seen as business as usual by most residents.

I think Clinton will win Nevada, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if its quite a bit tighter than her national margin and is past the "tipping point state," as Nate Silver likes to say.

2 hours ago, TrackerNeil said:

Except most poli sci types agree that "swing voters" don't decide elections; turning out your base does. I'm not sure if Trump will do that more for himself or for Clinton, though. (I'm guessing Clinton but we'll soon find out.)

Tracker,

The man in that video is not a "swing voter".  He's clearly anti-Trump.  What he's torn over is to be delighted (because Trump can't win) or terrified (because Trump could win) at Trump's nomination.

My point is directed to those who were frightened by the prospect of Trump dropping out last week yet who were supporters of Sec. Clinton.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

I think Clinton will win Nevada, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if its quite a bit tighter than her national margin and is past the "tipping point state," as Nate Silver likes to say.

Nevada could be very tough, it's been hit hard by the recession, So. Nevada very hard by home mortgage issues and No. Nevada by that and many business closings and wages that have really dropped.  These types of people could be swayed by Trump and his rhetoric.  Las Vegas is usually votes 'blue' and No. Nevada and rural Nevada votes 'red.'

In 2012 the Obama campaign was all over all of Nevada which Clition will need to do again this time 'round. Most of the campaign canvassers come from Calif, through the campaigns, the party's and many unions, and I hope they're there again.

2 hours ago, TrackerNeil said:

Turning out not just the base, but just voters!  Just getting people to the polls and damn, is that alot of hard work.  In 2012 I knocked on a lot of doors in Reno, NV for the Obama campaign, and I was surprised where the canvassers were sent.  We went into some seedy neighborhoods, where even the Romney folks were scared to go!  LOL  But really, that's what it takes.

This map from Wiki shows the tale, that blue strip along the left edge, it took alot to get it there, and if Clinton wants Nevada, she's gonna have to work for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Nevada,_2012

Archived