Veltigar

South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]

169 posts in this topic

I liked how Cartman has found a new purpose. And how he explained that to Kyle. That was my favorite bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the arc is warming up a bit now. I like how they are saying social media "forces" people into making stands and how not being a troll isn't good enough.

23 minutes ago, Notone said:

I liked how Cartman has found a new purpose. And how he explained that to Kyle. That was my favorite bit.

The fact that Cartman, of all characters is chilled out and happy highlights the dangers of social media. We all know it won't last though!

I thought it was fun the implication that trolls are hitting out at the world because it's pretty frustrating. That americans could maybe benefit from a healthier way of letting off steam.

The Danish safety measure for the trollhunting not being abused was great. It's something many forget when trying to hunt them down. Although there's maybe something to be said from things never being anonymous too. Says "red snow" :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think the guy developing the anti-troll software is goingto get outed as troll. 

I thought for a moment they were going to make him sort of a Julian Assange type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I thought for a moment they were going to make him sort of a Julian Assange type.

That was something I hadn't considered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think the guy developing the anti-troll software is goingto get outed as troll. 

His last name is Bedrager, like someone who rages while in bed, like on a laptop or tablet. That's either a clue or a red herring.

I can't believe how good and fresh this show is in season 20!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

 

His last name is Bedrager, like someone who rages while in bed, like on a laptop or tablet. That's either a clue or a red herring.

I can't believe how good and fresh this show is in season 20!

The serialized format is really growing on me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is shaping up to be my favourite ever South Park season, and i've been a fan of the show since day 1

 

1 hour ago, drawkcabi said:

 

His last name is Bedrager, like someone who rages while in bed, like on a laptop or tablet. That's either a clue or a red herring.

I can't believe how good and fresh this show is in season 20!

Bedrager is Danish for scammer / deceiver

Edited by dooog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dooog said:

 

Bedrager is Danish for scammer / deceiver

Interesting. I wondered if it meant anything in Danish. So, maybe he's trying to be the ultimate troll or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that did disappoint me about an otherwise great episode was the fact that they didn't reference our Lord and Saviour Harambe when the boys pulled out their dicks. #PrayforHarambe #We'llneverforgetyou :crying:

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/selectall/2016/07/27/27-harambe-gorilla-heaven.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Edited by Veltigar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent episode doing what South Park does best pointing out harsh truths. The women at Garrison's meeting loving all the racist jokes and then getting upset when he was being sexist was handled really well - especially how the men kept laughing. I wonder if the next step will be Garrison advocating representation of minorities/women in an attempt to get the white men upset (as that seems to be the thing that upsets them most).

There's only South Park that could tie Force awkens into Trump's popularity but there's a weird logic in it too with the nostalgia theme. Should have seen it coming with the memberberries mainly talking about star wars and the JJ Abrams openin ep.

Also, Cartman's comment by the tree about the trolls being more responsible than anyone knows has me thinking Cartman is playing some very long Supertroll game that has yet to be revealed. Although it's fun/disturbing to see him appearing so nice and happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, red snow said:

Excellent episode doing what South Park does best pointing out harsh truths. The women at Garrison's meeting loving all the racist jokes and then getting upset when he was being sexist was handled really well - especially how the men kept laughing. I wonder if the next step will be Garrison advocating representation of minorities/women in an attempt to get the white men upset (as that seems to be the thing that upsets them most).

There's only South Park that could tie Force awkens into Trump's popularity but there's a weird logic in it too with the nostalgia theme. Should have seen it coming with the memberberries mainly talking about star wars and the JJ Abrams openin ep.

Also, Cartman's comment by the tree about the trolls being more responsible than anyone knows has me thinking Cartman is playing some very long Supertroll game that has yet to be revealed. Although it's fun/disturbing to see him appearing so nice and happy.

Yeah that is a great way to point out the lack of integrity. 

I almost want Cartman to stay this way this way. I feel like this is some sort of plot to get revenge on the trolls who got his stuff broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2016 at 6:02 AM, Veltigar said:

One thing that did disappoint me about an otherwise great episode was the fact that they didn't reference our Lord and Saviour Harambe when the boys pulled out their dicks. #PrayforHarambe #We'llneverforgetyou :crying:

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/selectall/2016/07/27/27-harambe-gorilla-heaven.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Yeah, I thought that at first, but isn't the whole "wieners out" movement itself one big (not that size matters) Harambe reference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, red snow said:

Also, Cartman's comment by the tree about the trolls being more responsible than anyone knows has me thinking Cartman is playing some very long Supertroll game that has yet to be revealed. Although it's fun/disturbing to see him appearing so nice and happy.

My guess is he's suckering in the Danish to listen to Heidis plan because it'll bomb worse than the Danishes for Denmark, making him a super troll on both women/heidi and Denmark when he reverts back to normal Cartman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

My guess is he's suckering in the Danish to listen to Heidis plan because it'll bomb worse than the Danishes for Denmark, making him a super troll on both women/heidi and Denmark when he reverts back to normal Cartman.

I suspect it will also involve him doing his "girls are so funny" routine in a scenario where she isn't (and probably has no reason to be) funny.

I don't know why the dancing danish cracked me up so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Drunkard said:

Jeez, so Garrison is going to be President then.

I'm really banking on an amazing episode tonight to lift my spirits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one positive is "how does South Park respond"? Is it all JJ Abrams fault?

It's interesting how a show that reflects current events and now has a season long storyline with the election as an aspect incorporates this? It feels like the kind of thing that should significantly alter the rest of the season. Especially with Garrison as Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrison is going to be sitting in the oval office banging his head against the wall "I can't believe how stupid they are!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I can't wait for this tonight, should be epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now