UK Politics: Iain Duncan Smith introduces death penalty for poor people

Werthead

Important to remember that both the North and South have elections shortly, si I'm guessing SF will start with the whining, "political rabble" "scapegoats" etc. I think the timing is somewhat problematic.

Having said that, I'm delighted that it was arrested rather than brought in for questioning etc. arrested is never 100% voluntary and can't be spun that way

Would they really have arrested someone that controversial and prominent, for such an old case, if they didn't have enough grounds to charge him?

(that's sort of a serious question, I don't entirely know how these things work)

If there's grounds to question him, yes. Whether they charge him or not would depend on the interview and whatever other they have. I'm not familiar with the NI legal system.

In Scotland, if Jim tells the police that Bob hit him, that's enough to detain (differs from arrest)and interview Bob, but not charge. If Bob denies it and there are no other witnesses or corroborative evidence, Bob goes free without charge. If bob admits it or another witness/CCTV is found then Bob's status changes from detained to arrested, and he is charged. But that's Scotland where coroboration is needed. Not sure about NI.

Part-time Judge Constance Briscoe has been found guilty of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Chris Huhne has a described her as "a compulsive and self-serving fantasist." Pots and kettles come to mind.

So another UKIP feller has been kicked out for being a ridiculous racist. What is it about non-racist political party UKIP which consistently attracts racists? Also, it comes with perhaps the greatest ever defence of someone's character from his Dad:

Ukip is distancing itself from a teenage council candidate who has been reported over offensive tweets.

James Elgar's Twitter feed included a post with the hashtag #ThingsAsianBoysDo saying they “groom and rape underage white girls, stab and rob innocent old white people, bomb innocent white people”.

Another said no women were in the final of Celebrity Big Brother because they were “all in the kitchen where they belong”.

On the day of the Boston bombings in April last year, a tweet read: “So there are Muslims cheering and celebrating the Boston Bombings today…really, really sums them up. #scum”

[...]

His father, Mark Elgar, told the news website his son’s comments were “banter” and did not reflect his character.

“He is the least sexist and racist person you could ever meet, his best friend is a girl and he works with people from Czechoslovakia, Pakistan and Afghanistan,” he added. “Last night he came home at 10.30pm with a curry.”

AHAHAHAHA

People from Czeckoslovakia? Do they commute to work from the past? And he had a CURRY!!!

Plainly nobody who eats a curry can be a racist. Preparedness to eat something other than eggs and bacon with some fish and chips on the side clearly demonstrates a person's world open and tolerant character.

The truly bizarre thing: it's 10:30 p.m. here on a Friday night, and I've literally just sat down with a takeaway Lamb Vindaloo. It's like this thread knows about my life.

But at least I've proved I'm not a racist. ;)

But are you still a sexist? (i.e. you are ok if you have female friends, at least one will do!)

But are you still a sexist? (i.e. you are ok if you have female friends, at least one will do!)

Nono, in order to not be sexist you have to eat women, obviously. (pick whatever meaning of "eat" you like)

Archived