Dating 8 - group 'pizza', swaggering, internet dating, and more!

Larry of the Lawn

I dreamt about falling in love with some girl I had just met the other night, then at some point in this blossoming relationship I called her a term of endearment that I've only heard brook use and it gave me such dissonance to use it about someone else it woke me. No idea what that part of the dream was about, but I was a teenager again in the dream and it was all flirty feeling out whether the girl was into girls let alone me first, so I think it was more pining for the queer girl teenagehood I missed out on which I've been doing a bit of lately.

This probably seems mostly irrelevant to your question, but I actually have 2 points! Firstly while I have no idea what your dream means, it may be that you can figure out what one part means and the rest is random dressing around that. Secondly you can dream of being with someone else and even cheating on your partner in a dream without it necessarily being indicative of any dissatisfaction. Hell I had another dream a couple of months ago where I was about to cheat on brook and stopped to ring her and try convince her to give me permission :rofl:

If I had to guess I would say you subconsciously have some anxiety about how things are going to with out (perfectly natural given the circumstances) and your subconscious is doing what it does and running hypotheticals just in case. I have no expertise interpreting dreams other than amateur efforts at my own though :p

:lol: well, at least you're polite! That's exactly why I wanted to run it by you guys - I try to interpret my own dreams, but with things like this, I'm worried about interpreting it wrong and subconsciously making a bad decision.

I guess it could be because certain things are still a bit up in the air at the moment, and so insecurities are coming through. :dunno:

How do you all approach people you consider more attractive than what you're normally used to? I ask because a buddy of mine told me about a ridiculous system he employs that varies upon his attraction level.

I noticed that, I really don't change much when faced with talking to a lady significantly more attractive than usual. To me, striking up a conversation and asking if they'd like to go for a drink or a frozen yogurt is just not a big deal. I guess it's because I've had a good balance of success and failure with women. So hearing "no" is not a big deal to me.

What about you lot? Do you approach more attractive people any differently?

Being generally considered an attractive person, I don't notice people approaching me differently, but I do notice MORE attention than the average woman gets in a bar.

And if I "like" someone on Tinder, they usually contact me in less than 24 hours.

I have to be careful, because I have a hard time disconnecting from people. I have a hard time saying "no", and I don't mean to sex...I have a hard time saying "I think we aren't meant for a relationship." And I think it's fair to say it to people, rather than being a jerk and just not talking to someone ever again.

I often wonder what it's like to be an exceptionally attractive person. I mean, I think I'm a handsome guy but I'm not in a position for that to be my main selling point. Is it something you actively take advantage of? Is life a little easier for you because of being considered generally attractive?

I don't talk to people differently but a weird thing happened in work the other day; i find most people okay looking, or to put it more correctly, i rarely find people ugly but i also am very rarely ever attracted to people, loads of customers approach me, some of them conventionally very good looking people but i hardly ever notice or am not attracted to them except the other day some man who was ridiculously good looking, had a super warm smile and was being really pleasant, making jokes about his purchase and i could feel myself fucking blushing and i probably acted like a dork, i never do that so it might be an exception, it was so strange, usually i don't care much if someone is good looking and most of my crushes have been on people who aren't conventionally attractive but this guy just made me a bit nervous.

i sometimes get really sad when im surrounded by attractive people but that's more about my self esteem than anything lol.

That question makes almost no sense to me, possibly because it conflates "objectively hottest person" with "person I'm most attracted to", which is only rarely the case. And yeah, like Theda, despite being twice her age, my traitor physiology will (still!) sometimes tend to make me giggle and blush a bit more in the presence of someone I really fancy, but this is absolutely not a conscious thing and if I could stop doing it then by God I so would. Now, it's been a while since I was actually out there trying to chat up guys, but there was definitely no differing approach based on either objective-hawtness nor subjective-attraction. :dunno:

When I find someone super attractive I do a terrible, indelicate job of flirting. Mostly I inform them they should go to a movie with me and also take their shirt off. Since I'm female it's tolerated.

That question makes almost no sense to me, possibly because it conflates "objectively hottest person" with "person I'm most attracted to", which is only rarely the case. And yeah, like Theda, despite being twice her age, my traitor physiology will (still!) sometimes tend to make me giggle and blush a bit more in the presence of someone I really fancy, but this is absolutely not a conscious thing and if I could stop doing it then by God I so would. Now, it's been a while since I was actually out there trying to chat up guys, but there was definitely no differing approach based on either objective-hawtness nor subjective-attraction. :dunno:

It's only really happened to me a few times, so very rare, but when it does and I can feel myself blushing I think the extra effort of trying not to giggle or smile or show how odd I am just makes it ten times worse :P

When I find someone super attractive I do a terrible, indelicate job of flirting. Mostly I inform them they should go to a movie with me and also take their shirt off. Since I'm female it's tolerated.

This is how the situation would go down if I tried something similar:

http://imgur.com/MvPBP82

That's even more hilarious if you imagine it in a Cornish accent :P

LOL. Yes, it is! I never had a cornish accent though! Now im imagining this and cackling!

fortunately i've never been in that situation. i mean im not socially incompetent, i have lots of friends, but its hard to ever imagine me being confident enough to ask someone i fancy to "MAKE OUT WITH ME" anyway lol. im just convinced that would only ever end badly for me.

I flubbed trying to explain this to my bf and think I really hurt his feelings. :(

Archived