Dating 8 - group 'pizza', swaggering, internet dating, and more!

Larry of the Lawn

Think that qualifies as 'almost anything?'

Weird. Was trying to praise Kairpavel's post but the posts keep getting deleted.

Ah well, was a great post. Thumbs up!

eta: Was probably the bowing emoticon, seems like emoji is fucking up the board...

OMG she responded!!

She seemed cool with it. She said as long as drinks were involved she'd be down for almost anything. She gave me her number and email.

What the hell do I do now? I don't know the first thing of asking a girl to drinks, or even what to do when there :0

Use the English language maybe? :P

A buddy asked me what he should do if a girl he really likes is in a relationship. I'm not really sure how to answer him because I can tell he was completely serious about her; otherwise I'd say not to be an ass and leave it alone. So I turn it over to you lot: does he have steps he can take?

Up to his morals and how much effort he's willing to put in. Personally I don't go for women in relationships unless they don't tell me about it, which has happened a few times.

But I don't find anything morally bad about it. If he can show that he's better than her current bf/husband, all the more power to him. If she ends up switching from her old bf to him, it only means her old bf was not good enough anyways.

But another "but"... this takes alot of effort. Many women are too lazy to invest into a new relationship when they are already in one, not willing to take a risk, etc. This takes too much effort for my tastes (even though im better than 99% men out there due to white boy swagger as I mentioned many times before).

Before the flames on this come in, I'm very utilitarian when it comes to relationships. There is always someone better out there, if you settle for someone, you're just accepting that either you're not good enough for someone better, or you're ok settling down for an inferior partner. Yes, this will offend many people, but bear with me, I don't believe in love, only chemicals, and the axiom that there is ALWAYS someone more attractive than your current partner out there.

How would you advise him if say, the girl he liked was in a relationship with you?

Let that be your guide.

I can see what you're implying, but this actually brings out that you're of an opinion that those in relationships should be selfish and "own" their partners.

You don't own your partner. If you really love them, you will let them go. You will only wish best to them no matter whether they decide to leave you or not.

I appreciate where you're going with this but to be honest, I can completely see myself being interested in seeing how she would respond and thus, letting it play out to see what happens.

This is very good standpoint, big props. Never fear someone trying to "steal" your partner from you. Only people in secure relationships can do this.

He should make it subtly known, but not bash her over the head with it.

If she's interested, she will pursue it. If she's not currently interested, and he treats her with respect and doesn't try to sabotage her current relationship, she'll remember that in the future, and if there was anything appealing there about the guy he will probably be in good position. But just trying to move in and usurp the old boyfriend's position rarely seems to end well, even if she leaves current boyfriend in the short term.

Eh, in my experience simplest way to "steal" someone's gf is to compliment her current bf while subtly showing off yourself. If your compliments to her bf are true, and he's as amazing as you're saying, you have no chance of competing with him. But if he isn't, and your compliments are basically overblown, the woman will realize this and start comparing you to him. If you're good enough, she will realize that he's inferior more and more and hopefully eventually dump him and pick you up. Be sure to stay away from the bf yourself not to cause drama in case this happens.

Personally never done this, but seen some player friends do this a few times, it works. Manipulative, but kind and deserving, they were way better than bummish old bfs.

eta, before anyone jumps in to accuse me of destroying lives and giving advice on ruining relationships: the point of this is - be the best you can be. Then you are better than others and your partner won't leave you and noone will "steal" your partner no matter how hard they try.

Ask her who else she would have had drinks with and brutally kill them!

Seriously can you even stroke your dick or wipe your own ass without the sign off by an unknown Internet horde?

This is a dating advice thread, so asking for advice doesn't seem too unexpected.

God damn. I just got trolled by a dating site.

So, I literally just registered, I'm still in the "confirm your account" blah blah section when I get not one, but two incoming message dings. And I'm like "how desperate are girls in my area that they send messages to guys that don't even have photos uploaded to their profile yet?" Turns out, it was just the site telling me about two women that match my general profile (i.e age range and gender, since I haven't filled anything else out yet) that are online in the chat system thing.

Oh, and it gets better. You can't even read incoming messages until you've uploaded a photo, so I have to go do that before I can see that nah, nobody really wants to talk to you, the system just thinks you might want to talk to them.

So far, not off to the best start.

God damn. I just got trolled by a dating site.

So, I literally just registered, I'm still in the "confirm your account" blah blah section when I get not one, but two incoming message dings. And I'm like "how desperate are girls in my area that they send messages to guys that don't even have photos uploaded to their profile yet?" Turns out, it was just the site telling me about two women that match my general profile (i.e age range and gender, since I haven't filled anything else out yet) that are online in the chat system thing.

Oh, and it gets better. You can't even read incoming messages until you've uploaded a photo, so I have to go do that before I can see that nah, nobody really wants to talk to you, the system just thinks you might want to talk to them.

So far, not off to the best start.

As a general rule, I find that dating sites become more pleasant to use the more filled out your profile is. It's kind of a "use us properly or don't use us at all" type mechanism, I think.

ST

Oh yeah, I'm on board with that, it's just that I couldn't even see the messages before I had completed more of my profile (upload a photo), and it turns out it was just a notice of other people who were currently online.

If they had let me see that, or not put those notices through as incoming messages, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

This might be weird advice, but I say fake it til you make it. You know how people are "supposed to" handle relationships -- make yourself do it that way until it's normal to you.

This Mandy. Do you have a lady friend who handles her romantic relationships well? If you do, listen to that woman and copy her behavior.

I wish you the very best and im I think giving youself some time to "grow up" emotionally is a good idea. You've been doing something unsurmountable by sticking with your program. I am really impressed and really proud of you.

Oh I have, these messages literally came in within two minutes of me making my profile so nothing was ready yet.

Another weird thing happened that I can't really figure out. There's no message function on the site, instead you use the live chat to talk to people. So I tried striking up a conversation with someone, and the first thing she says is she doesn't really want to use the chat function and instead prefers to talk in person if/when that happens. So I ask her how she typically gets to that point without using the chat, but I didn't get a reply.

I'm not being an idiot, am I? Like, it's not stupid to expect to have some conversation with someone before even asking to see them in person. I can't imagine there's much success in basically sending an automated date request to someone before you've said "Hi".

If you don't upload a photo, don't use a dating site. I and pretty much every other person on the planet automatically ignore profiles with no photo.

I wish that were true. I made an OKC account just out of curiosity, nothing at all on it - no picture, no information, nothing - and I still get regular spam from guys trying their luck.

I just woke up from a dream where I was cheating on my boyfriend. It was extra weird though, because he kinda caught me out and I just said it was over, I wasn't particularly bothered.

The guy I cheated with in the dream was my mechanic. Now he is hot, smoking hot, and there was the option for something to happen between us, but it was just as I was getting with the boyf. Admittedly I have sometimes wondered why I chose the option I did. In the dream, it wasn't sex (in the dream I was even aware of some female issues I've been having), it was the usual flirting that we do engage in when I see him, but it went further. Talking, hugging, that butterfly feeling. Yes, my dreams are really vivid :laugh: I felt these emotions really strongly, and woke up pretty confused.

I know it was only a dream, before anyone starts being a dick, and I know that there are many explanations for certain dreams. But after the crap I just had with the boyf, it's surprising that I might be feeling insecure about our relationship already. Everthing's been fine, no arguing whatsoever, but my dissertation has kind of taken over my life, so we talk a bit less. But yeah, no issues. So what's with the dream?

Archived