Small questions v.10080

Angalin

“For the moment. I had another, once. Domeric. A quiet boy, but most accomplished. He served four years as Lady Dustin’s page, and three in the Vale as a squire to Lord Redfort. He played the high harp, read histories, and rode like the wind. Horses … the boy was mad for horses, Lady Dustin will tell you. Not even Lord Rickard’s daughter could outrace him, and that one was half a horse herself. Redfort said he showed great promise in the lists. A great jouster must be a great horseman first.”

Roose is not comparing them by his own knowledge. He is just quoting from Lady Dustin. Therefore, Domeric and Lyanna never raced.

Thanksm were they ever referred to as sacred to the Valyrians?

Iirc the only.references to structures/landmarks in Valyria are the Fourteen Flames and the Topless towers. Don't recall them being called sacred though

Iirc the only.references to structures/landmarks in Valyria are the Fourteen Flames and the Topless towers. Don't recall them being called sacred though

Topless Towers :) Are those near Missy's Teats?

Why does no one else mention the tower of joy? It has been some time since I have read the books so correct me if im wrong, but I find it weird that no one else really brings it up. Wouldnt there bbeat least someone that are around at the time period we are now in questioning why the three of kings guard, one who is the commander at this location? Wouldnt robert want to know what happened? Wouldnt anyone want to know why lyanna was there with them? This may have been brough up in the past so my apologies.

Does it ever state which gods Dany worships?

She doesn't seem to worship any God/Gods. In Dance with Dragons I believe, she reflects on how lonely the Gods must feel, thinking of Missandei's God of Harmony, R'llor vs. the Great Other, the Seven etc. But she has never shown any particular devotion to a God.

If any, she would probably follow the Seven purely because of the traditions Viserys may have taught her.

Why does no one else mention the tower of joy? It has been some time since I have read the books so correct me if im wrong, but I find it weird that no one else really brings it up. Wouldnt there bbeat least someone that are around at the time period we are now in questioning why the three of kings guard, one who is the commander at this location? Wouldnt robert want to know what happened? Wouldnt anyone want to know why lyanna was there with them? This may have been brough up in the past so my apologies.

There's a current thread on this where the OP asks why the Ned took the six he took to the TOJ.

Not a very small questions.

Once Barristan learned they were dead, he just did the entries in the White Book and people in Westeros went on with the business of ingratiating themselves to the new regime.

Not a very small questions.

Once Barristan learned they were dead, he just did the entries in the White Book and people in Westeros went on with the business of ingratiating themselves to the new regime.

The battle might not even be known to the grand public in Westeros, perhaps.. It's not like there were many witnesses left alive who would be willing to talk about it.

Archived