Confessions from 2014

DreamSongs

I hate all that "where do whores go?" crap. Hate it so much. It's the only thing, besides Volantene politics that I hate in the whole series. For that reason I was very happy they cut the Tysha reveal out of the TV show even though it made everyone else had giant melt downs and act like D&D slaughtered their families or something.

While I'm on the subject of the show I'm awfully tired of people whining about every little change from the books. Especially when it comes from people who didn't even read the books until the show came out. It shouldn't have to be explained that books and television are different mediums.

This can be quite a nitpicky and ungrateful fandom. Sometimes I feel like the only one happy to have a great series of books and a great TV show to enjoy. It's sad that the fandom is becoming book fans vs. show fans. Give me both please

On that note, it's unrelated to ASOIAF but I hate it when people want to turn every discussion about pets into dogs vs. cats. Again, give me both please! I will snuggle all the cute furry animals.

I hate all that "where do whores go?" crap. Hate it so much. It's the only thing, besides Volantene politics that I hate in the whole series. For that reason I was very happy they cut the Tysha reveal out of the TV show even though it made everyone else had giant melt downs and act like D&D slaughtered their families or something.

While I'm on the subject of the show I'm awfully tired of people whining about every little change from the books. Especially when it comes from people who didn't even read the books until the show came out. It shouldn't have to be explained that books and television are different mediums.

This can be quite a nitpicky and ungrateful fandom. Sometimes I feel like the only one happy to have a great series of books and a great TV show to enjoy. It's sad that the fandom is becoming book fans vs. show fans. Give me both please

On that note, it's unrelated to ASOIAF but I hate it when people want to turn every discussion about pets into dogs vs. cats. Again, give me both please! I will snuggle all the cute furry animals.

My confession: Man i missed you! And i agree with everything in this post. Even the whores thing! I wont have to listen to Tyrion asking where do whores go and im a happy camper.

I also really like House Hightower.

I confess I really dislike What if threads.

I confess I get sick of people complaining about people complaining about the changes in the show.

I confess I want all the iron islanders bar Asha to drown.

I confess I don't want R'hllor to exist and will dedicate hours to attempting to prove otherwise.

I confess I want the remaining Starks to survive, bar Rickon whom I couldn't give a toss about.

ETA,

I confess I abhor So and So V's So and So threads YAWN!!!!!!!!.Pointless guff.

I am completely ok with anything D&D do.

I understand wishing the story was the way Martin had envisioned but people get seriously angry about them "butchering my favorite character." Butcher, chop, and screw whatever y'all want writers.

Do comic fans get this mad when another author changes characters, or how different the films are? Maybe, but I'm entirely ok believing these characters are not the same people as they are in the books.

Ex. I'm a Stannis stan. D&D have obviously changed the character up a bit (I think part of that is the lack of a POV), but they could make him sacrifice all my other favorites in an evil rage where he declares himself as the main villain of the series and I'd still be alright with it.

I like Tyrion's ADWD chapters.

I like Areo Hotah.

I was sad when Arys Oakheart died. I liked his POV very much.

I like Aeron's chapters.

Victarion >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Theon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Euron

edit: I hate Blacks even more than Greens. Deamon was worse than Aemond.

I like Tyrion's ADWD chapters.

I like Areo Hotah.

I was sad when Arys Oakheart died. I liked his POV very much.

I like Aeron's chapters.

Victarion >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Theon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Euron

edit: I hate Blacks even more than Greens. Deamon was worse than Aemond.

Aeron has the best sense of logic in the series! I too prefer the Greens. Blood and Cheese and the riots of King's Landing were way worse than anything the Greens did.

I have no idea why Val is popular at all, in how she is basically the definition of generic in my opinion. Honestly, the only thing I remember about her is her talking bad about Shireen.

I agree. I actually hope the show cuts her out, so we can confirm she won't play any kind of significant role in future books. I mean do we really need another Jon Snow/Wildling romance?

- I want to see Tommen "Beetsbane" Baratheon in the Iron Throne, in the end, controling the Seven Kingdoms (all of them!).

- I hope, i really, really, really hope, that Jon is the son of Ned and his tragic love affair with some commonfolk woman - a love he must forgot because of his duty to the North... poor Ned.

- I find the ghiscari awesome: octopus stew, tokars and crazy hairstyles for everyone!Yayyy!

I'm hoping LSH doesn't happen in the show, I find Catelyn and the whole BwoB thing soooo boring.

:cheers:

We may be outnumbered my friend, but we are not alone.

Book purists snobiness and distain for new fans

People bitching because the series is not exactly what they want it to be, and getting personal about it

Not missing LS one bit!

Still rooting for Dany

And Jon

Rickon, who cares at this point

Can't wait for the next book, but like chocolate chip cookies, I will ravage them too fast and then be sad after!!!!

When i first began the series, i was unattuned to the good guys, not always winning. Furthermore, just the basic concept, of killing off a MAIN character? MULTIPLE main characters? unheard of in my experience reading and watching.

And now, everything else i read or watch, just seems so.... predictable. pathetically predictable. I used to enjoy that show, Once Upon A Time, when it started, and then i realized, no one actually dies in that series. Like with other series. They may tease the death of a main character, perhaps even kill them, but they always come back, just in time for a happy ending.

It's unrealistic.

George has ruined all other works for me with his unpredictability. I cant measure anything else up to it because of this.

im a sweet, sweet summer child. green.

This is exactly how I feel...GRRM ruined me for everything else...(you should watch Hannibal some of the main characters die and it's not predicatble)

I am kind of glad that Jojen on the show died because I find him really boring since the first scene he had in the books.

I want Jaime and Brienne to have babies in the cheesiest possible way.

Spoken like a true dog-lover.

I'll let myself out...

Archived