The Expanse (spoilers for books 1–4)

Happy Ent

I did like the line where Holden says something along the lines of 'You know what really irritates me about you?' and the Miller Avatar replies 'It's the hat, isn't it?'. It's always nice for the utterly inhuman artificial intelligence to have a sense of humour.

Interestingly, it’s often about hats; another example is the best joke in Use of Weapons.

• 6 months later...

Bumping because Nemesis Games is less than a month out for the US release (June 2nd). I was a little doubtful about the direction the series was going at the end of Abbadon, but I am now extremely enthusiastic and very much looking forward to an allnighter reading Nemesis in one sitting.

• 2 weeks later...

About two weeks out now. They have discussed how each book is a take on a genre. (Noir, Political Thriller, Haunted House Story, and a Western). At this point I think the books have their own momentum, and I'm not sure if introducing another genre to hang things on is really necessary. Either way, I'm looking forward to reading it.

About two weeks out now. They have discussed how each book is a take on a genre. (Noir, Political Thriller, Haunted House Story, and a Western). At this point I think the books have their own momentum, and I'm not sure if introducing another genre to hang things on is really necessary. Either way, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Have they said what genre to expect with this one?

Have they said what genre to expect with this one?

I'm thinking it might be a revenge novel. Way back at last year's signing they said everybody gets what's coming to them in this one - and that fits with the book's name.

Either that or time travelling viking navy seals (that's a genre, right?).

That's at least three genres, the space opera type, the epic ring-cycle type and the military realism type.

I'm just looking forward to Bobbi's return.

Me too. Although i wasn't reslly missing her in book 3 but her situation in a her short appearance/mentions in book 4 had me really interested.

I should get a move on finishing off Cronin's "the twelve" so I can try and get this one read before Lawrence and Abercrombie's fantasies land. It's almost like they know SFF fans have more opportunities to read in summer...

Shit I saw this thread here just now that I finished leviathan wakes and right off the bat in the first post you got spoilers about the 4th book and. Robot Miller shit I kinda expected him to come back in some way but didn't really wanted it to be revealed to me at this moment lol, gotta steer clear of this thread.

Shit I saw this thread here just now that I finished leviathan wakes and right off the bat in the first post you got spoilers about the 4th book and. Robot Miller shit I kinda expected him to come back in some way but didn't really wanted it to be revealed to me at this moment lol, gotta steer clear of this thread.

Yeap. Gotta avoid threads marked spoilers for things like that.

Yeap. Gotta avoid threads marked spoilers for things like that.

I came in knowing of that just didn't expect spoilers from the latest book right off the bat, I'm in tapatalk so I don't know but maybe the author should have put the post inside the spoiler tag that hides the text.

I came in knowing of that just didn't expect spoilers from the latest book right off the bat, I'm in tapatalk so I don't know but maybe the author should have put the post inside the spoiler tag that hides the text.

The thread is marked spoilers so that we can freely discuss the books without using spoiler tags. It even says "spoilers for books 1-4", which would include Cibola Burn.

Now hurry up and finish the rest of them so you can read Nemesis right when it comes out!

The thread is marked spoilers so that we can freely discuss the books without using spoiler tags. It even says "spoilers for books 1-4", which would include Cibola Burn.

Now hurry up and finish the rest of them so you can read Nemesis right when it comes out!

Are the worth reading, I though leviathan took forever to pick up its pace only when we got to Eros did it get good. Is book 2 a slow burn like this or is it firing in all cylinders from the get go?

Archived