Awesome new author for George R. R. Martin fans

MaybeMike

I'm awaiting 55 threads devoted to Mike Miller and Kurt Russell playing the role of Mystar. Almost tempted to add this book to my reviewing queue just to see if lightning can strike twice and an author can attempt to shit directly into a reader's soul.

I did something similar when this book was being pushed on another forum in the exact same way. And had the same Goodreads policy of make suckpuppets that only review one book and rate the same other four.

To date the author has told me I was wrong under three different names.

I did something similar when this book was being pushed on another forum in the exact same way. And had the same Goodreads policy of make suckpuppets that only review one book and rate the same other four.

Ah, the power of three. You are wrong then, indeed.

You'd think authors would be smarter than to push books on the forum this way.

What's their issue with being overt about it?

like KurtR.
He was far more in depth than any of Mike Miller's other characters

exactly the correct response. this is a viable pomo artform, where the 'novel' to be sold is simply an excuse to generate the staneksock 'reviews.' the marketing is accordingly the text.

What is the matter with you childlike people? Clearly this is a herald to the next great inspiration in fantasy literature. KurtR is obviously the John the Baptist to the Mike Miller messiah. I can only assume that this entire site will be filled with plagues going henceforth.

(Also, just trying out the new moniker.)

This performance art is so meta that I think I may weep. Death of the author is so last century; now the author merely exists in the mind of a hundred sockpuppets. Its like House of Leaves cosplay.

Now you're serving up indignation with a side o' childish insult (after insulting everyone's intelligence in the first place)? Yes, you certainly seemed only interested in "intelligent conversation" :rolleyes: Well played, sir!

How can he have interest in intelligent conversation with people who express hate towards him as poster?

How can he have interest in intelligent conversation with people who express hate towards him as poster?

Um...I may not be exactly sure what you're getting at here but the "hatred" expressed toward him is simply the logical reaction to someone who insults everyone else's intelligence in their very first post. He is very likely the author of the book he's trying to drum up interest in trying to use a "sock puppet" to do so (i.e. pretending to be just an enthusiastic reader gushing about the work). If he hadn't insulted everyone's intelligence right off the bat and was more forthcoming/honest in the first place then he just may have gotten some "intelligent conversation" or, at least, not been so rightly ridiculed.

The beautiful irony is that this snarky thread has far higher quality writing then the dreck being pimped.

I know self-publishing must be a nightmare of just wishing that somebody, anybody would notice your book and help to start some buzz. I agree that marketing will become the new art form. In a decade no-one will read the actual books anymore. Goodreads will effectively be the serialization of the novel in a new form. Markson's Vanishing Point is already hinting at this new structure.

You guys are a bunch of a-holes that are jaundiced-eyed because I'M AN ACTUAL AUTHOR. You all can just spew your venom in animus envy; I'll sleep fine at night, will you?.

Dude, calm down.

We're not angry that you're an actual author. These guys are laughing because this has to be the fiftieth time someone has used sockpuppets to promote their work. If you want to self-promote, do it as yourself. I even created a thread for it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/120973-official-blatant-but-honest-self-promotion-thread/

By the way, I'm an actual author as well (and very new). I promote my work openly. I have not made fun of your books as I have not read them yet. I would be more than willing to give them a fair shot.

(Please don't sockpuppet me with negative reviews)

Archived