Watch, Watched, Watching: TV controls the world

JonArryn

Just finished my binge watch of Twin Peaks (great show btw) and I'm thinking about starting either Peaky Blinders or Lilyhammer.

Can anyone (possibly that's scene both) recommend which one I should go with?

Absolutely Peaky Blinders. No competition.

Watched Nightcrawler in the theather yesterday and it is definitely my favorite movie of the year so far.

Gripping societal critique and entertainment in one. Everything was top notch. Acting, writing, directing.

Definitely deserves a nomination in the oscars even though I know it's not the kind of movie who has a big shot at winning it.

Watched Nightcrawler in the theather yesterday and it is definitely my favorite movie of the year so far.

Gripping societal critique and entertainment in one. Everything was top notch. Acting, writing, directing.

Definitely deserves a nomination in the oscars even though I know it's not the kind of movie who has a big shot at winning it.

That dinner scene...Oh god. That character is so difficult to watch.

Now I want to go see the other stuff Gyllenhaal has done, like Enemy which I hear is also a trip.

Speaking of films with social messages : Saw Snowpiercer. You know, I expected it to be much worse given some of the reaction against it. It was a perfectly good movie.

I also have seen Pan's Labyrinth. Note to viewers, do not watch with your 9 year old sister present.

I have a question regarding this movie

SPOILER! SPOILER!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARN......... so no bitching

Did she die at the end, or was she really being tested?

I have been trying to watch television again, so to start off, a friend of mine has asked me to watch this show called supernatural...........

so I'm trying that out

Watched Moonrise Kingdom. I love that film. I think it's even better than The Grand Budapest Hotel, which is also a great.

I have a question regarding this movie

SPOILER! SPOILER!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARN......... so no bitching

Did she die at the end, or was she really being tested?

I have been trying to watch television again, so to start off, a friend of mine has asked me to watch this show called supernatural...........

so I'm trying that out

The film leaves that open to your interpretation of what preceded the ending. The falangist captain can't see the Faun, so you could say that it all happened in her head. Personally, I think that she actually was being tested. There are several incidents in this movie that are really unexplainable without using magic. Where did she get the crayon? And how did she escape the from her room? amongst them. Del Toro himself thinks that the magic in the film is real. Thus, he believes that she was being tested. In the end though, we can make up our own mind about the events.

Great film, Lou has to be one of the creepiest characters in recent memory

Also wasn't expecting to see Riz Ahmed in it, his American accent's quite good

Just finished Boyz n the Hood. Pretty good movie. It felt a bit clumsy at time and I wish they had a stronger actor than Cuba Gooding Jr. to take the lead, but the movie had heart. Laurence Fishburn was really good. But the best part about it was Ice Cube as Doughboy. You wouldn't believe it when you see the Jump street movies or Anaconda, but he does have some serious acting chops for dramatic roles. Of course, Ice Cube probably identified greatly with the characters in this film. The movie does a great job at showing just how ugly life was for a black person from the hood. Although, in reality it was all probably much worse than the movie shows.

Archived