Watch, Watched, Watching: TV controls the world

JonArryn

Starting the first episode of Twin Peaks.

I've been meaning to see it ever since I heard David Chase (The Sopranos) mention it as an influence.

I really enjoyed the first season (6 or 7 episodes I think), but stalled in the second season.

It is very good, with a lot of different characters who're involved in the show. I was kind of overwhelmed at first with that bit.

I really enjoyed the first season (6 or 7 episodes I think), but stalled in the second season.

It is very good, with a lot of different characters who're involved in the show. I was kind of overwhelmed at first with that bit.

I'm 4 episodes in. I really like it so far.

Definitely has Lynch's feel to it. I see a lot of this show in Mulholland DR.

I'm 4 episodes in. I really like it so far.

Definitely has Lynch's feel to it. I see a lot of this show in Mulholland DR.

I'll have to check that out.

The thing I like the most about the show is its ability to make the town/community feel like a character in its own right.

Up to the second to last episode of War Of The Damned. This season is finishing strong!

Crixus! :bawl:

ETA: Just wrapped up the finale now.

Gannicus being crucified was a gut punch, but I really enjoyed his redemption arc this season.

I knew Crixus was going to die from the beginning, but damn I was really sad. Definitely my favourite character. And season 3 had a lot of great moments for him. His epic handshake with Spartacus, his final conversation with Spartacus, his final speech and his death scene.

Liam McIntyre really grew into his own this season. I loved his Spartacus and I'm glad the showrunners killed the character. Spartacus body was supposedly never found, so I though the showrunners would go for a cop out and have Spartacus escape. Boy, was I wrong :) His deathscene was really touching

Finally starting Knights of Badassdom. God I've been waiting for this movie for so long.

It wasn't spectacular, but for that kind of movie it was good fun.

About 20 minutes into Anchorman2. It's horrible.

I really hate that movie. The first Anchorman is so brilliant, I was over the moon when they announced a sequel. I thought that the movie had some really sound ideas behind it (the car chase, etc.), but the humour was so bad. It just didn't work. And their were no superquotable lines like in the first one and it just keeps on going. It's way to long and incohesive.

I really hate that movie. The first Anchorman is so brilliant, I was over the moon when they announced a sequel. I thought that the movie had some really sound ideas behind it (the car chase, etc.), but the humour was so bad. It just didn't work. And their were no superquotable lines like in the first one and it just keeps on going. It's way to long and incohesive.

I barely made it 20 minutes after I wrote that post. The Winnebago scene was funny "Remember when I had that dream about the Orange trees, but instead of Oranges, they were babies!?! It was a baby tree!"-Brick Tamlen.

I turned it off not even half way through, but when I woke up from my nap the boyfriend was watching the end so I got to catch the shark thing and the news team showdown in the park. I groaned out loud at that, but I'll give them credit for the fact that they just kept upping the ante in that scene and it kind of worked, with Brick walking around with a ray gun and Will Smith calling in an airstrike.

Re-watching episodes of Rome. Man I still love this show. Lucius Vorenus is definitely my favorite character with Titus Pullo just a smidge behind.

"I AM A SON OF HADES!! I FUCK CONCORD, IN HER ARSE!"

"Pullo when was the last time you were with a woman who wasn't crying or wanting payment?"

Most Game of Thrones like show ever to be put on television.

EDIT: Oh and "Flavio isn't coming.."

Re-watching episodes of Rome. Man I still love this show. Lucius Vorenus is definitely my favorite character with Titus Pullo just a smidge behind.

"Pullo when was the last time you were with a woman who wasn't crying or wanting payment?"

i fucking love rome :)

Rome still stands as maybe my 3rd favourite show and due to its only having 2 seasons I've probably re-watched it more times than the Wire or Soprannos

I am not rising from this bed until I've fucked someone

:rofl:

So I started Parks and Recreations. I'm surprised at how much i like this, especially since I hate the style it's filmed in.

Do you like The Office? Those two shows do the mockumentary thing pretty well.

:rofl:

Do you like The Office? Those two shows do the mockumentary thing pretty well.

I've never really cared for The Office. Not for lack of trying. I just don't like it. This show just clicked right off for me though. Although I did follow some advice I got and skipped season one.

Watched Kingdom of Heaven last night, it was about 3 hours long so I think I caught the director's cut as opposed to the theatrical release. Really fond of Edward Norton's performance as Baldwin. Norton and David Thewlis in particular were excellent.

Archived