Things you Enjoy, But Everyone Else Seems to Hate

A True Kaniggit

The Star Wars prequels.

The Star Wars original trilogy changes.

The Hobbit movies.

There. You can lynch me now.

I don't hate the Hobbit movies, because I secretly think the dude that plays Thorin Oakenshield is hot they are fairly entertaining, but they do get on my nerves a bit. Extending one lone, short, book into an epic movie trilogy is just too much.

But I still watch them, all the same.

Plius,

May we ask why before we pillory you?

Why? Well, my reasons are simple.

My first Star Wars movie was Revenge of the Sith.

I never watched the original versions of SW, so I don't mind the bad changes, and I do genuinely like those who add to the coherence of the series (Christensen ghost for example)

The Hobbit movies are good regardless of adaptation, and definitely very much above average fantasy films nowadays.

And, most importantly, I have a highly tolerant uncanny valley, so I don't mind CGI at all.

The Star Wars prequels.

I actually agree with you on this one. Probably because the first one came out when I was only 8, I never noticed the things that make so many people mad, I just thought they were fun to watch. And as I got older, I never delovoped the hate for them..

ES,

I like The Holiday too. :)

Dracarya,

What do you find so offensive about Love, Actually?

The title. The comma. The actors. Most of them are good, British actors, who I enjoy in other films, but they just chucked a lot of people together and hoped for the best. I hate Keira Knightley. I hate Hugh Grant. (I can't remember if he's in it, but he probably is.) Martine Whatsherface will forever be Tiffany from EastEnders. I hate romantic films, particularly romantic comedies that aren't remotely funny. There's probably more.

ES: Thorin is definitely hot. I have hair envy.

Burned food.

My favourite food to burn is parsnips, caramelised. They're better than chips and sweet potato fries.

Parsnips are not worth eating unless they are black around the edges.

ETA: reminds me. Overcooked rice is delicious

The hell are people eating. :wideeyed:

I don't hate the Hobbit movies, because I secretly think the dude that plays Thorin Oakenshield is hot they are fairly entertaining, but they do get on my nerves a bit. Extending one lone, short, book into an epic movie trilogy is just too much.

Wait ... was this ever a secret? :blushing:

I never watched the original versions of SW, so I don't mind the bad changes, and I do genuinely like those who add to the coherence of the series (Christensen ghost for example)

Same here. :) I think that ghost was a cute addition. And yes, I also have not seen the unchanged films.

Why is this clear truth crossed out? Richard Armitage is twelve kinds of hot and no amount of dwarfy make-up can hide it.

Its my favorite meal and brings me back to the good ol' days. Those that have tried it, never go back to eating it their old way. Next time you have a bowl of chilli, make a peanut butter sandwich. Cut it half an dip that bad boy into your chilli and destroy that damn thing. Repeat til your heart is content.

Where I'm from its even served in school that way. Most people I introduce it to, want no parts of it, and think it disgusting.

Even though it's obviously something that millions of people like and I can talk about it on the Ent forum, none of my personal friends care about college football. Then again, a lot of them went to CU Boulder (or Mines or Wyoming).

I keep trying to join the Ent forum but my tissue sample was rejected as chorloplast-negative. *kicks can*

I love those really, really long movies.

I frown on any running time under 2hrs and prefer the epic

style old school flicks that would have those intermissions after a

few hours and then still have half the movie to play.

Same here. I can watch Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, all the LOTR and Hobbit movies in extended edition in one or two sittings each.

Archived