Things you Enjoy, But Everyone Else Seems to Hate

A True Kaniggit

I love wearing glasses.

Me too. For years, I prided myself upon the fact that I was the only member of my family who didn't wear glasses. Then I got some, and no longer have to have my kindle font size set to huge...

The movie The Good Shepherd. I have seen it twice and don't want to watch it again, but I actually thought it was really well done with some great acting performances. I can certainly see how some people find it boring.

Math

Cold weather

Spearmint Thick shakes. I love it. It's my "treat-yo-self" thing. Obviously not everyone hates it or the flavour wouldn't exist. But the usual reaction from others that are present when I order it. Is Eww.

I like this too. When I was a student, my housemates would go home for several days at a time, and I loved it. The peace, the quiet, the lack of other people's mess everywhere. The ability to walk to the toilet in my underwear! Bliss. My SO is the only person I'm happy to be around all the time.

My biggest question reading this was:

No one is around. Why wear underwear?

There are people who don't like fruit cake?

I like spotted brown bananas. My family alleges that this is weird, except for my grandfather who likes entirely brown bananas (this is seen as the depth of depravity) but I'm sure that lots of people also prefer them when they're at their fragranty best.

I like spotted brown bananas. My family alleges that this is weird, except for my grandfather who likes entirely brown bananas (this is seen as the depth of depravity) but I'm sure that lots of people also prefer them when they're at their fragranty best.

I don't mind a spotted banana every now and then.

I like to eat kiwifruits without taking the skin off. My family thinks that I'm pretty weird for doing this.

The only person I know in person who likes non-spotty bananas is my dad and he's considered a weirdo by the family and anyone I tell about it.

Bananas are sharp and not that sweet till they are nice and spotty ripe, at which point they become nice and sweet and delicious.

Oh yes, Van Helsing! I also love that, though mostly for the fact I saw it in the cinema while semi-snuggling with Fiercely Unrequited Sexual Tension Guy, who in the end never did get requited.

On that note, I guess I should add Fiercely Unrequited Sexual Tension. I think it's my favourite part of the courting process.

Unfortunately, yes. Here's a Huffington Post piece from 2012 (with which I myself STRONGLY disagree :) ) about fruitcake hate:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/fruit-cake-hate-bad_n_2293216.html

Here's a link to a Smithsonian article on fruitcake. The fashionability of fruitcake hate is often attributed to Johnny Carson's joke, which was from around 1970:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/fruitcake-101-a-concise-cultural-history-of-this-loved-and-loathed-loaf-26428035/?no-ist

The only person I know in person who likes non-spotty bananas is my dad and he's considered a weirdo by the family and anyone I tell about it.

Bananas are sharp and not that sweet till they are nice and spotty ripe, at which point they become nice and sweet and delicious.

Yeah, I'm that weird on in my family. I LOVE the combination of bittersweet of a just barely green banana.

I also only like bananas once they've started to spot. They're so bitter before then :ack:

I never knew anyone who ate them before spotting until I moved to the US, so I just assumed it's an American thing. Everyone I know here thinks it's gross that I eat the spotted ones, like they've started to rot or something :lol:

Even though it's obviously something that millions of people like and I can talk about it on the Ent forum, none of my personal friends care about college football. Then again, a lot of them went to CU Boulder (or Mines or Wyoming).

Archived