Golden Age of Piracy hard Fantasy setting

lwhitehead

Hi this is my other original idea inspire by a Song of Fire and Ice book series, a Pirate and Privateer setting of a Hard Fantasy world set in the Golden Age of Piracy 1690 to 1730,

I must point out from are modern Democratic world to the common person of this timeframe they had very few rights, it was very hard for them and work and they couldn't turn to anyone for help due to the powers at be at the time didn't like the idea of the Third estate thinking let alone acting on there own.

Now the Pirates on the other hand were the first ones to work on a form of modern Democratic prosess, but keep in mind they were Hell Angels of the Sea,

LW

Apart from this obviously being the wrong forum and it being pointless and presumptuous making a topic about every single idea you have and also me hoping that English isn't your first language and you're planning to write in whatever that is, because otherwise you're not ready, I guess the burning issue is this: what exactly is 'Hard Fantasy'?

Apart from this obviously being the wrong forum and it being pointless and presumptuous making a topic about every single idea you have and also me hoping that English isn't your first language and you're planning to write in whatever that is, because otherwise you're not ready, I guess the burning issue is this: what exactly is 'Hard Fantasy'?

this pretty sums up my feelings on the issue.

No no, hard fantasy must be like hard sf, where the magic is all based on solid peer-reviewed research instead of just making it all up like those soft fantasists do. These spells actually work!

No no, hard fantasy must be like hard sf, where the magic is all based on solid peer-reviewed research instead of just making it all up like those soft fantasists do. These spells actually work!

The only spell I know that works is telelportation.

Reagents are two bottles of tequila. Down them both and you'll magically wake up in a different place without any feeling of having crossed the intervening distance.

Some side-effects.

There is a potion that legit turns you into a werewolf though. It's called "beer", and, when taken regularly over a period of 6-12 hrs, you'll wake up the next morning under a tree in the park, wearing only rags, with only horrific flashes of memory of the night before, and a faint taste of blood in your mouth.

Archived