NFL Playoffs Conference Championship Week: Can we have a controversy free weekend, please?

Trebla

What is PFM's contract status? I've always pictured him spending his final season without a team until week 8 or so, and then sign with a contender to help get them through the playoffs. The Cardinals certainly could have used him this year.

He's got two years left on his contract, $19 million each year. His cap hit for each year though is $21.5 million if he's on the team, if he's off the team its $5 million next year and $2.5 million for the year after. I don't think any of the remaining money is guarenteed.

Which means that the Broncos have until March 9 to decide if they want to ride the Manning train for another year or save $16.5 million in cap space for other players. Assuming he doesn't retire.

They did. Honestly I would've never guessed the Colts CBs would be able to stay like closer to the Broncos athletic marvel WR corps than the Broncos CBs on the Colts WRs. I mean Hilton destroyed Talib all game. But Chris Harris was the best CB in football against slot guys. Why the fuck didn't they use him? There's a lot about the Broncos that just make you shake your head.

Also Von Miller and Demarcus Ware made no impact. Great pass rushers shouldn't get stoned by average tackles. You saw this everywhere in the game. Average Colts plays shut down Probowl type Broncos players. Shaun Phillips, for one, had a bigger impact than both it looked like. They seemed so easily demoralized. Didn't see much heart out there from Broncos players except CJ Anderson. That 4th and 1 run was one of the greatest plays of these playoffs. A shame they lost because people will forget it.

And how about all those Thomas drops. Doesn't help the PFM stats or ability to win games when your top receivers are dropping everything.

The game reminded me a lot of the Jaguars taking out Elway in this round of the playoffs in '96 (I think...). In both instances I kept yelling at the TV "what are you waiting for!!!"

Glazer reports Fox gone in Denver. Shouldn't be unemployed long.

Fox is out in Denver? Officially? Did I hear the report correctly?

Pick up the phone new Bears GM, Ryan Pace!

I wouldn't get too excited. Look at the talent that guy had on his roster this year.

Manhole beat me to it. The guy's a chump, if he was fired 3 years ago Manning might have another ring.

Wait, is this true? I know I said clean house yesterday but I was pretty fucking emotional.

They better have Kubiak already dialed up if this is true.

Kubiak says he's staying in Baltimore.

John Fox doesn't raise a single red flag to me. A phone call costs nothing. He's not Marc Trestman. It's an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

Kubiak says he's staying in Baltimore.

John Fox doesn't raise a single red flag to me. A phone call costs nothing. He's not Marc Trestman. It's an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

Fox seems to be the perfect stolidly competent and unsurprising guy to clean up the mess after a promising young guy full of terrible surprises. He restored Denver to competence after Josh McDaniels, he would probably do fine putting out the Trestman dumpster fire.

Wait, is this true? I know I said clean house yesterday but I was pretty fucking emotional.

They better have Kubiak already dialed up if this is true.

Kubiak's already said he's staying as Ravens OC. Not even interviewing for HC jobs.

And you think this makes PFM more likely to come back? I'd say less as not sure he wants to start over with a new head coach at 39. Unless it's Gase I suppose.

Kubiak's already said he's staying as Ravens OC. Not even interviewing for HC jobs.

And you think this makes PFM more likely to come back? I'd say less as not sure he wants to start over with a new head coach at 39. Unless it's Gase I suppose.

I guess I see Elway saying something is going to change here, one or the other.

And Kubiak just might pick up the phone if it is Elway calling.

A man can hope.

Why on Earth would you want Kubiak as your HC?

Rather have him as an OC. But I remember the offenses he put together for us under Shanny's time.

THat said, I am a more casual fan than many on this board. I don't have a depth chart of up and coming coaches that would be that much better. Perhaps there is a great candidate out there.

Rather have him as an OC. But I remember the offenses he put together for us under Shanny's time.

THat said, I am a more casual fan than many on this board. I don't have a depth chart of up and coming coaches that would be that much better. Perhaps there is a great candidate out there.

Josh McDaniels.

Archived