The Flash - You're a S.T.A.R!

The BlackBear

I generally liked it and I'm very excited for Grodd. I thought the speaking might be too much, but they played it well.

I know I nitpick this show (hey it's part of the fun,) mostly they're unimportant ones. But why did Stein not say anything about being drugged by Wells, that'd kind of be on my mind.

Bothered me too. But maybe he just thought of the "dizziness/black out" as a weird and newly developed effect of the connection he had with Ronnie?

I generally liked it and I'm very excited for Grodd. I thought the speaking might be too much, but they played it well.

I know I nitpick this show (hey it's part of the fun,) mostly they're unimportant ones. But why did Stein not say anything about being drugged by Wells, that'd kind of be on my mind.

He probably just didnt remember.

The idea of Wells being an old Barry Allen is really growing on me. There was something about his "doc brown" delivery that had me wondering if the actor playing Wells is trying to be a bit Barry like (that or the writers are simply being repetive with characteristics).

I'm not sure if there's a comic precedent, but Allen would have had to completely replace his genetics to make this work. Or Cisco would have picked it up with his blood test.

Uhoh! Watch out S.T.A.R. Labs! Crack reporter Iris West is on the case! So, why did the award winning, hot shot reporter turn to the upjumped blogger for help...? :rolleyes:

Thought it had to do with that A. she knows people who work there and B. he's supposed to "mentor" her.

Any time you deal with time travel, it's inevitable that the result will be unsatisfying. I never understood why people weren't concerned with the fact that time travel can only have two results. Either you change the past, destroying all of the lives which have been lived from the point of the change, or you create a divergent future, which you can't enjoy, anyway, as it's not your timeline. So, you either return to your correct timeline, which hasn't changed, or you stay in the past, where there are now two of you. Why in the world would anyone want Barry to change the past? Do they not realize he's going to ultimately wipe them from existence? I hate time travel. The fundamental truth of it always makes it the absolute worst option.

Not sure I agree with either conclusion; those lives aren't necessarily destroyed, just altered, and I don't see why you couldn't enjoy an alternate timeline. I can imagine that Barry thinks everything will be better if his Mum didn't die, but it turns out things are worse (ala the comics) and he may have to undo it (ooooo......what if Barry in red suit trys to save her, Barry in yellow suit has to undo it?). But I don't see why that would logically be the case without actually testing it.

Why exactly has Joe ruled out Wells now? There were two speedsters, they know one is adult Barry from the blood, but there weren't two separate blood splatters were there? So the other one can still be Wells?

Why exactly has Joe ruled out Wells now? There were two speedsters, they know one is adult Barry from the blood, but there weren't two separate blood splatters were there? So the other one can still be Wells?

Cisco said neither of the blood splatters were Wells.

So Joe, seemingly has dropped suspecting Wells.

Not sure I agree with either conclusion; those lives aren't necessarily destroyed, just altered, and I don't see why you couldn't enjoy an alternate timeline. I can imagine that Barry thinks everything will be better if his Mum didn't die, but it turns out things are worse (ala the comics) and he may have to undo it (ooooo......what if Barry in red suit trys to save her, Barry in yellow suit has to undo it?). But I don't see why that would logically be the case without actually testing it.

You do destroy lives, ultimately. I'm "me" based on my experiences up to this point. If someone goes back and changes the past, I am no longer me. This version of me will cease to exist...ultimately, I will die even if some other me still lives. It's not even so much having aspects of my past changed. It's the fact that my world as I am experiencing it now will cease to exist. Surely, everyone must question their mortality when someone tells them, "I'm going back in time...the world as you know it will no longer exist." I'm sorry, but if you told me you were ending my world so that you can create a world where your mother lives, I'm going to have issues. I don't care if a different version of me thrives...on some level, you are destroying the "me" that exists now.

And, sure, Barry can stay in the past with his child self and mother, but how will he explain that to everyone? He loses all of his friends and family and has to start over in a world where he's roughly the same age as his parents. However, I suppose I can understand making that sacrifice to save your mother's life...but, given option one, time travel still sucks.

Did he say neither? Huh. Convenient that both of their bloods splattered on that exact spot. So contrary to that interview, there must be 2 RF's, no?

Maybe it could be Nora Allen's ? Joe and Cisco should've asked the logical question "If it's not Wells', then whose?"

Maybe they still will.

What I'm thinking though is if they throw in too many twists, they'll end up tripping themselves with plotholes.

It was a pretty solid episode with one or two little holes.

The build up to Grodd... does he become the main focus for the end of the season pushing some of the Reverse Flash stuff to next season? Particularly the murder and time travel?

I'm going to go with the flow in the time travel and not try to over think it. I loved Cisco ' s layman's descriptions of the theory for Joe.

It's so weird seeing Jack Bristow as a non-badass scientist.

But Firestorm has to be a recurring character, right? You can't waste Victor Garber on like 3 episodes. Has there been talk of doing a Firestorm spinoff, like there has been for Atom in Arrow? I wouldn't be a fan of that. I don't think this universe needs any more spinoffs, unless we get a female superhero lead. In which case, about damn time!

Archived