First Colbert and now Jon: 16 years of awesomeness will soon end

A True Kaniggit

Heard Craig Ferguson suggested as a possible replacement. Also a possible co-anchor with Jason Jones and Sandra Bee. I suppose we could do worse.

Jones and Bee did a random episode recently... It was interesting...

Ferguson is intriguing.

I suppose the issue is tempering expectations of replacing Stewart with what he became vs what he started as.

Stewart is irreplaceable.... best to let the franchise end with him, and develop something new.

I don't agree, his hiatus where Oliver replaced him pretty much disproved that. After all it didn't start with him as the host.

He is awesome though.

where will young people get their sense of superiority reinforced now? Maher? Oliver?

On the bright side, even though Stewart is leaving, conservatives will still be around to make asses of themselves! ;)

Stewart is irreplaceable. I'd love to see Rob Corddry try, even though he isn't really a correspondent anymore...and he is in movies now..damn it.

where will young people get their sense of superiority reinforced now? Maher? Oliver?

Maher is an ass. Oliver on the other hand is on to something. Have you even watched last week tonight? It's probably more real news packed into thirty minutes than CNN or FOX can muster in a 24 hour cycle.

Archived