Your nickname - why did you chose the one you have?

Bluetiger

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a Welsh name meaning 'bird'. It's a very beautiful name, well suited for my internet alias. :)

I also think it sounds somewhat Targaryen-ish. Aderyn Targaryen has a nice ring to it.

My friends and I used to play a warfare based on the Wars of the Roses called "Kingmaker". My favorite noble was named Beaufort. Eventually we started to play an RPG based on King Arthur named "Pendragon" and since I'm lousy at inventing Character names I decided to use Beaufort, but that sounded to modern for Arthurian legend so I altered it to "Byfort". And since his castle was Corfe....

It's pretty simple, my mother is of Irish descent, I'm a large man, and my father is of Polish descent. And back in the 90s when I was signing up for AOL, I wanted something easy for people to remember for my email address, that was personal to me, and not in use by anyone else, as far as I know. Feel like I've broken this down in other threads over the years here too.

I had a woman-crush on a client from a firm I used to work for. We communicated constantly during the process of her condo closing. Her voice had kindness, eroticism & sarcastic wit until she walked into our firm and I knew if I ever was turned lesbian she would be the culprit. My nickname is her last name.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine is a Welsh name meaning 'bird'. It's a very beautiful name, well suited for my internet alias. :)

I also think it sounds somewhat Targaryen-ish. Aderyn Targaryen has a nice ring to it.

Azor Ahai dammit! And here I hoped it was because you read the Deverry series :(

My own name is just a name I had on a main character in a story I'm no longer working on. I never made up a meaning for it, but I like it and I guess I also wanted more anonymity than I'd get from using the username I use on practically every other site.

Currently Aniel is the great-great-great-great-great-grandmother of a main character in my current project. Needless to say, she does not figure into the story at all.

My avatar was Theda Bara, I had Bara in my username (bcus of theda bara i did not realise it was a homoerotic manga thing woops) and someone brilliant thought of Theda Baratheon. So, obviously it is Theda Bara and Baratheon. I might have eventually come up with myself, but perhaps not - anyway I love it :D

I just got called "somebody brilliant" by someone whom I respect and admire. Consider day made.

On topic, I thought I'd shorten my middle name (Bronner) and use it as similar to the name of Tyrion's sellsword pal. So I became Bronn. Then I did a re-read and realized the name wasn't similar, it was identical. But the die had been cast.

Then I left the forum (then eesite) for a while. When I returned, I could not remember the password for Bronn and created a new account - Bronn Stone. I decided that with Tyrion spending all that time in the sky cells, Bronn almost certainly dallied with the serving wenches - especially in light of his not being too choosy on such things - envisioned the baseborn spawn of Bronn and the grottiest wench in the Eyrie.

So far, I have not yet convinced GRRM to mention that Bronn left a gift behind, condemned to the cellars for nastiness. But a man can dream.

What better way to introduce myself than with a combination of the most deplorable character in the books and a hard drug/sexual act? Classy, I know.

I am actually just more interested in the "bad" guys and wanted Boose Rolton as a name, but it was taken so I downgraded.

Archived