What is really annoying you today 2.0: Pigeons, smokers and cyclists abound

Buckwheat

Haha, thanks. Now at least there are two people who have faith here. I have still not even decided on a topic (I was reading for another class till now). :read: Now I should REALLY look into this, but I just have no idea where to start!

if worse comes to it here is a topic...The importance of clear instructions from collegiate educators: How the clarity of a professor's instructions is directly correlated to a student's ability to meet the requirements of an assignment - A case study.

;)

and i believe in you, too!!

The same guy on a bike is on the road in front of my house evrey morning. For 6 miles of traffic he blocks the road and when I do succeed in getting passed him he catches up at the light and cut in from again. I have dreams where I just bump him. Havent done it yet though. Living day by day

That sounds horrible. That's my dilemma with passing the cyclist. If he's blocking traffic -- the man is clearly an asshole.

I wouldn't say it was really annoying me, but I read a quote from David Walliams - "I think it's all about falling in love with the person and that is overlooked, really. I hate it when people 'confess' or 'reveal' their sexuality and also things can change for people over the years... You don't just fall in love with someone's body, do you? You fall in love with someone's soul and heart and brain."

And I thought yes, how true. Then I clicked on a few of his girlfriends on the Wikipedia page and discovered that Walliams seems to feel a particularly great affinity for the souls and hearts and brains of young blonde models.

Same as what Mark said. The sun hasn't been out in days and it still feels chilly. IT'S MARCH. NOT DECEMBER. GET SOME SUN OUT THERE

But then again I live in England. At least it's showing some sun for later today and on Wednesday and no rain.. temperatures haven't even hit 10C yet. Come on!

Its one lane and he drives in the middle. rhan during reds goes to the side to pass people up and move back to the middle.

A petition needs to be drafted, methinks.

As for what's annoying me today: Mike Golic.

Yesterday was Mothers day. While sitting in an over croweded resurant with the family, waiting an unaccpetable amount of time 45min for the menu and someone to take a drinks order. then 1hr 20 mins for the first course, 2hrs for the second and another hour for the final. with music being played so loud it was painful and very distorted. - We did not walk out because it was mothers day, we where all very hungry and no-where else whould have room. + we had allready pre-paid for the meal, put needed to pay for drinks. Oh and when we did get fed the meal was reall shit. yeah totally never going back there again.

we did manage to get the music turned down, by disconnecting one of the speakers, this caused a cheer for nearby tables and they to unplugged the speakers near them. We had previously asked for the music to be turned down, but was told it was impossible.

well while waiting the convostaion turned to the holiday we have planned for this year. We where planning to go to South Affrica for all of my 3 week shutdown. (I can often get to work one week of shutdown to take the time off later - but the deadline asking this was a couple of months ago - really could do with extra time I can choose this year) only the Inlaws piped up and said they would love to go back to SA again, then asked my parents if they too wanted to come. then SiL said she and partner will come. then we where told we would have to move it to next year beacuse it was inconvenient too them. oh and can we go end of next year, it will be so much nicer then and we don't miss our summer. then Brother well if we are going next year then hopefully I'll have a job by then and can come too.

What the buggery?

1) It was supposed to be jut me and hubby)

2) We have allready booked some of it, (just cos the bits we got we can still council and most of it is still in the free counsinaltion period. not all mind you)

3) if I don't go in the three week shutdown period then I can only have 1 week at a time.

4) If I don't go in SA winter then I will need to take anti-maleria pills, and hey I can't take pills.

5) If I don't go this year then I'm still forced to take all of this years shutdown off and can't use some of it latter on where it will be more useful.

6) Hubby's bussiest period at work is normally shutdown (this year its different since he's installing a new line - but next year he may well be modifing an existing line, shutdown is the only period they normally get to do that so hate it when he takes time off then)

7) Going next year in shutdown also means being very tight on holiday time 2 years in a row.

8) the whole family gets on well. normally because we do short periods of togtherness. yes I have spent a week with both hubbys partents before, but that was just a week and did not inculde my parents, my bother Hubbys sister and pantner.

I'm now kind of dreading this.

Just delved into the General ASoIaF section (I still do this from time to time even after seeing absolutely every single post about the damn series). Holy shit. I mean... Holy. Fucking. Shit. Do you wanna know where the Special Ed section of the Westeros Wing is? Take a left at the end of the hall and you'll see "General ASoIaF" written in a scribble that's been pissed and shat upon. Go there if you want to beat your own head against the wall for the shear stupidity that's etched on 90% of the threads on the first page.

I hate the term SJW. IT seems to me to be the new "New Atheist" a way to distinguish your supposed foes from the long and strong ideological tradition they hail from. Whether or not you agree that the New Atheists are do that tradition justice you can't deny that it is convenient to never have to use the word "feminism".

Yes, I know it was originally chosen by the group being ridiculed. Still hate it and how it's used.

People that can't spell posting in a literature forum. Are people becoming worse at spelling or letting their devices do it for them? :dunno:

You know, I can always blame Pod.

But generally speaking, yes, I think their spelling becomes worse because they rely on their devices. It's tempting of course to use auto correct all the time. I don't let Pod do all that for me.

People that can't spell posting in a literature forum. Are people becoming worse at spelling or letting their devices do it for them? :dunno:

i agree with KT, the more people rely the worse their spelling gets and then they have to rely more....and autocorrect just sucks...it never gets the word i wanted...

am annoyed that roofers that began a house on my block today...nail guns should be prohibited before noon... :tantrum:

I love it too lol - it's making me really miss Cornwall actually, i keep recognising locations theyre using. And oh my GOD aiden turner as poldark is just...ridiculously attractive

Me too, Charlestown in particular is very recognisable. I miss it too haha

i agree with KT, the more people rely the worse their spelling gets and then they have to rely more....and autocorrect just sucks...it never gets the word i wanted...

It's a general tendency. Everybody's talking about "connected car" and stuff.

So people are losing their driving instincts because they think that their car does everything it has to do. And they get distracted by far too much electronics in their car to pay any attention any more. But a car can't take the blame/the responsibility after all. It's a machine in the end.

That's why imo the spelling gets worse. Because if you don't practice you don't learn. Your instinct (in language) lessens.

Speaking of which... don't get me started on abbreviations...

Archived