What is really annoying you today 2.0: Pigeons, smokers and cyclists abound

Buckwheat

What's annoying me is the amount of anti-cyclist sentiment in this thread :tantrum:

I have tremendous for any cyclist that follows the rules of the road as they are supposed to. Signals for turns, stops at lights, obeys signs and crosswalk signals, etc etc. If I ever see one do any of that, I'll be sure to let you know.

Ah of course, because cyclists are much more dangerous on the roads than car drivers.

- ROSPA (UK)

But of course, your anecdotal evidence couldn't be in any way bias or inaccurate.

I2 0 5 5,

It would also be ''safe'' to prevent cars from using the roads full stop. It would be drastically better in terms of noise, light and sound pollution. But somehow you assume that cars are worth the trouble they cause, while cyclists aren't.

Har! Calm down, killer. All I meant is that I ride my bike in the park because my individual experiences have taught me that road cyclists are annoying, don't follow the law for the most part, and I'd rather not have cars flying by me while I'm trying to enjoy myself; a tranquil park will do just fine for me. I don't need you to go full Rambo mode here with statistics. Make a thread about Cyclists Rights, or PM me, and we can chat there. This isn't the place for it.

Ah of course, because cyclists are much more dangerous on the roads than car drivers.

- ROSPA (UK)

But of course, your anecdotal evidence couldn't be in any way bias or inaccurate.

I2 0 5 5,

It would also be ''safe'' to prevent cars from using the roads full stop. It would be drastically better in terms of noise, light and sound pollution. But somehow you assume that cars are worth the trouble they cause, while cyclists aren't.

Preventing cars would tank the economy. Preventing bicyclists, not so much.

It annoys me today (and any day) how most people in almost every country that is not the Netherlands seem to regard cyclists as intruders on the road, instead of investing in decent cycling facilities. Although it seems things are (ever so slightly) improving on that front.

Fair enough. I don't really want to get into a threadlong debate about cycling, if I'm honest. Sorry if I was rude, it's a frustrating topic for me. Around here, at least, nearly everyone uses the road fairly well apart from taxi drivers - who are appalling. I don't apologise for introducing statistics though, since an argument in this subject is otherwise pointless.

You've done nothing to be sorry for. I just get annoyed when I'm stuck behind some cyclists and have to hurry up and drive around them with the thought that another car coming the opposite way could come speeding in my direction. Also, I just prefer riding in a nice park that's near my house opposed to having maniacal drivers speeding past me honking the horn.

...with the thought that another car coming the opposite way could come speeding in my direction.

Uh, then don't overtake when you can't see what's coming towards you?

My annoyance for the day. An open letter to everyone who signs out vehicels from a communal fleet; If you use a vehicle and in the process of driving manage to, say, sideswipe a wall and knock the wing-mirror off, kindly bring this fact to the attention of the mechanics when you sign it back in. If you don't do this then when I go to sign that vehicle out, you may cause me to waste several hours of my already busy workday to source and install a new wing-mirror, consequently causing me to miss a meeting with my mortgage broker and generally throwing a crowbar into the spokes of my day. Thanks.

Query: Why is this lycra loving meatbag still consuming oxygen?.

I'm considering the same thing too.

And I'm not anti-cyclist really, I have my qualms but at the end of the day they're just doing their own thing. Just that this one in question was particularly obnoxious and hell bent on bothering my mother.

Right now I'm just annoyed at everything. After having two people I was extremely close to break my heart in some way or another, I'm just fucking pissed and don't care about much right now.

Name them. Name them ALL.

Way too complicated. Too much of a chance of mixing them up. What SENP needs to do is just call them all Darling, Baby, Sweetheart, and other such things. That way no mistakes can be made and no ant's feelings get hurt.

I am thoroughly annoyed about a money issue.

I decided to open another account with my financial adviser last Friday. We touched base on Tuesday and he gave me my new account number. Rather than screw things up by doing things on my computer, I went to my bank with the account number, deleted the previous one I once had, and added the new account number to the list of accounts I can make EFT payments to. Then I transferred $100 to the account, to make sure the links worked properly.

This morning my adviser (a close friend) called to tell me the transfer had come through successfully yesterday afternoon. Together with a second deposit of $125,605.03. He was a little taken aback by the second sum.

Sadly, I had to inform him the monies were not mine. He called the firm's Cash Management group, who assured him the money had come from my bank, and I called my bank, who assured me it hadn't.

The annoying part? By early this afternoon the money entry had been reversed out of my account. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Ah well, honesty is the best policy.

I booked appointments with my doctor for a checkup, my dentist for a checkup, the hairdresser for a "do-over" to correct my last mistake, the dog's vet appt and the best friend booked a groupon pedicure at 830 this Saturday morning. I plotted everything on the calendar for the next couple of weeks. I can only sleep in on Sundays until April. This morning was the cat's vet and then a 10 hour day in the classroom.

I am annoyed at myself. Calendar is going by the chair I like to sit in while making stupid appointments. Good Lord, It's a bloody checkerboard for the next three weeks with "work" filled in to all of the empty spaces.

I go in late tomorrow, but tackled a major house-cleaning project. One room of my house looks like your gran's attic crossed with your gramp's garage crossed with your teenager's closet. That is a triple cross product. Everyone knows those are terrible.

Someone needs to invent self-cleaning teeth, self-cleaning houses, self-cleaning children, self-cleaning dogs, self-cleaning clothes and a ONE STOP medical provider. The last will be Vet/Dentist/Optometrist/GP/Cardiologist/ENT/Radiology/Lab/Etc. that are all in house. You can make ONE appointment and just be there all day.

Edited because new computer ate half a sentence.

they will do it...and gods is that annoying

Whatd Bob Dylan say? To live outside the law you must be honest. Your friend probably thought his milk was growing and needed to be destroyed. Now you are Leap, Destroyer of Milks.

now that is a great title...i am annoyed i did not think of it...Thanks Imp... :smoking:

Dude, that's not your eletric razor, that's your bar of soap.

:cheers: on a roll...

Way too complicated. Too much of a chance of mixing them up. What SENP needs to do is just call them all Darling, Baby, Sweetheart, and other such things. That way no mistakes can be made and no ant's feelings get hurt.

just like i do with my gaggle of nieces and nephs...

i am annoyed that my dinner finished before i finished this post...

Archived