What is really annoying you today 2.0: Pigeons, smokers and cyclists abound

Buckwheat

My 6th period class was so irritating today that I started looking up job postings in the middle of class while pretending I was still taking roll.

I once had a professor in college (none other than the great Hugo Burnham of Gang of Four... What?!!?) who told the class "walking in here each week is like getting hit in the nuts with a ball peen hammer".

So apologies -- from shitty students everywhere who end up realizing what shits they've been

They will realize that they were being horrible approximately one day into next year, when all of a sudden they will come back to my class and tell me how horrible biology is and how much they liked my class but never told me, etc, etc. The seniors I have right now are really wonderful, but as freshmen they terrorized the previous physics teacher. Among the things they have told me they did to him: insult pictures of his wife and kids to the point where he cried, hacked his computer to change their grades, set off firecrackers and smoke bombs in the room, set the trash can on fire, filled the room with pepper spray....uh...yeah. There are some others, but I can't remember the whole list. None of those things have happened to me, so I suppose I should be grateful? :uhoh:

It's gloomy as fuck, I have a headache and I feel extremely depressed about everything. I'm such a pathetic loser lol I don't even deserve to be alive.

*hug* :grouphug: I toooootally get how you feel, mate. Feel free to PM me at any time if you're feeling really low and just need someone to talk to who gets it xx

I'm okay today but yesterday on this thread I would have had a field day. The workmen are repairing the roof of my flats, which is a good thing; it's long been rotten. What's not a good thing though was getting woken up by them yesterday morning and hearing loud banging noises incessantly right outside my window until 6pm where it was the only time to take my customary midday nap. It was literally, BANG BANG BANG. CLANG BANG. CLANG HAMMER BANG CLANG on metal pipes for hours on end at a very loud volume non stop when I was already on edge because of depressive side effects with the Zopaclone I've been taking to regularise my sleep. I know the reconstruction work is needed, but it was still driving me insane.

Craigslist. When I say I'm looking for an apartment in Boston, I don't mean goddamn Attleboro, Leominster, or fucking Nahant. City limits, motherfucker. Subway and all that shit.

And while I'm at it, fuck all the landlords and lessors around here, shitbag rental agents, and fuck the students that make it all possible. 1400 for a garden level, 275 sq foot studio, off the fucking green line is NOT a great deal, you fucking bastards!!

Whoo. Sorry about that.

gods, i have not had such an annoying experience as i had today in many a year...i went to pick My Precious (youngest niece that lives with me) from school...as i sat in the car line i saw her approaching but expected the teacher guards present to keep her on sidewalk...however as i approached my designated spot they didn't stop her and she approached the truck while i was still moving...realizing i was endangering her as she was only inches from my side-view mirror, i stopped and blasted horn to get her attention and gestured for her to stop. i jumped out of truck and proceeded to have a moment with the teacher and the child...it went like this

i said in a loud shout...i shall now punish my child in front of you all...i then took the girl in my arms and told her she should never approach the truck while it is moving...then i turned to the teacher and exploded...i shouted if i had hit my child because you let her come running to the truck i would have "beat the shit out of you"...naturally the teacher was shocked and appalled that i said such a thing...and every other parent, child and staff member was equally shocked...the teacher said "i told her to wait" but she made no move or gesture that i could see and Precious claimed not to have heard the teachers words...

i believe the teacher, as the adult in the situation should have been firmer in her instruction to my niece...and i do not expect a 6 yr old child to understand fully the consequences of her actions...

i know that my own actions were over the top but i was truly for the first time in many a yr afraid...it pumped through my body in such a way that i literally shook for more than an hour following the event...

was i wrong, probably in my loss of temper, but i don't believe i was wrong in my anger...so now i gotta go to school on monday to face the teacher and principal to be sure i am not banned from campus.

man what a bummer...but a lot less than running into my sweet Precious One...

damn i need several more drinks (and yes i was stone sober, shocking i know but occasionally it is true)

:smoking:

gods, i have not had such an annoying experience as i had today in many a year...i went to pick My Precious (youngest niece that lives with me) from school...as i sat in the car line i saw her approaching but expected the teacher guards present to keep her on sidewalk...however as i approached my designated spot they didn't stop her and she approached the truck while i was still moving...realizing i was endangering her as she was only inches from my side-view mirror, i stopped and blasted horn to get her attention and gestured for her to stop. i jumped out of truck and proceeded to have a moment with the teacher and the child...it went like this

i said in a loud shout...i shall now punish my child in front of you all...i then took the girl in my arms and told her she should never approach the truck while it is moving...then i turned to the teacher and exploded...i shouted if i had hit my child because you let her come running to the truck i would have "beat the shit out of you"...naturally the teacher was shocked and appalled that i said such a thing...and every other parent, child and staff member was equally shocked...the teacher said "i told her to wait" but she made no move or gesture that i could see and Precious claimed not to have heard the teachers words...

i believe the teacher, as the adult in the situation should have been firmer in her instruction to my niece...and i do not expect a 6 yr old child to understand fully the consequences of her actions...

i know that my own actions were over the top but i was truly for the first time in many a yr afraid...it pumped through my body in such a way that i literally shook for more than an hour following the event...

was i wrong, probably in my loss of temper, but i don't believe i was wrong in my anger...so now i gotta go to school on monday to face the teacher and principal to be sure i am not banned from campus.

man what a bummer...but a lot less than running into my sweet Precious One...

damn i need several more drinks (and yes i was stone sober, shocking i know but occasionally it is true)

:smoking:

I'm glad Precious is OK, and that you are surviving so far. :P

Schools here have rules for the collection points, maybe yours needs to review theirs!!

Here's a newsletter from my boys' old primary school

Sorry Rocksniffer, I think you were over the top and probably owe the teacher an apology. I totally understand your fear and anger, but expressing it in that manner probably wasn't helpful.

You were the one driving, and expect the unexpected and all that. With a group of young children around you do need to be aware, and it sounds really dangerous if you were only inches away. You say you didn't see the teacher move or gesture, but I wouldn't expect you to be paying much attention to the teacher given the other visual stimuli. It also sounds like it probably was a loud environment, cars, traffic noise, chattering children etc. it sounds possible that Precious wasn't actively listening for her teacher (and at 6, surrounded by friends, excited to be going home, that's completely reasonable), and the teacher did call out.

As for the teacher grabbing her, well, that's difficult. How many other kids were there, was she in easy reach, might she have pushed another child etc. also, the teacher may have been expecting Precious to obey the spoken command. It could have been as easy to grab her, but there are other factors.

So, my view, from what you've written is that yes, the teacher possibly could have done better, but as the car driver, the ultimate duty of care is yours. I'd definitely be having a very stern talk with Precious reiterating road safety and how she needs to behave near cars.

Sorry Rocksniffer, I think you were over the top and probably owe the teacher an apology. I totally understand your fear and anger, but expressing it in that manner probably wasn't helpful.

You were the one driving, and expect the unexpected and all that. With a group of young children around you do need to be aware, and it sounds really dangerous if you were only inches away. You say you didn't see the teacher move or gesture, but I wouldn't expect you to be paying much attention to the teacher given the other visual stimuli. It also sounds like it probably was a loud environment, cars, traffic noise, chattering children etc. it sounds possible that Precious wasn't actively listening for her teacher (and at 6, surrounded by friends, excited to be going home, that's completely reasonable), and the teacher did call out.

As for the teacher grabbing her, well, that's difficult. How many other kids were there, was she in easy reach, might she have pushed another child etc. also, the teacher may have been expecting Precious to obey the spoken command. It could have been as easy to grab her, but there are other factors.

So, my view, from what you've written is that yes, the teacher possibly could have done better, but as the car driver, the ultimate duty of care is yours. I'd definitely be having a very stern talk with Precious reiterating road safety and how she needs to behave near cars.

All of that (if you as the driver didn't stop the car until your child was 'inches from your side-view mirror' even though you had seen her up ahead and knew she was coming towards you, that's on you!) plus it was also in no way even remotely okay to threaten the teacher with violence.

My car insurance rates went way up because I used roadside assistance twice last winter, I've since fixed that problem and haven't used it in over a year, and this is after it went up because I moved to a different zip code with higher rates. Guess it's time to start getting quotes.

My car insurance rates went way up because I used roadside assistance twice last winter, I've since fixed that problem and haven't used it in over a year, and this is after it went up because I moved to a different zip code with higher rates. Guess it's time to start getting quotes.

If you're like me and drive a vehicle that frequently breaks down, I've found it cheaper to get AAA for tows/roadside so it doesn't jack my insurance. Of course, it's an extra flat-rate cost but you can get some decent other discounts through it.

Same thing happened to me! I moved home, and apparently that means my insurance is £100 more. Grumble. My car's falling apart anyway, so I'm not sure if I should renew.

Archived