Fan theories/opinions that annoy you

DasallmaechtigeJ

Theories that bring no answers and only further complicate an already convoluted story.

Edit: Anything with special blood and people being superior to others because of their origins: e.g. Rhaegar and Lyanna somehow engineering a saviour of humanity by combing the Fist Men and Valyrian blood.

This all the way. Theories can be made up about anything and are fun to share, but it's important to check whether the theory clarifies/improves the plot or convolutes it farther. Of course we should keep making/evaluating theories, but no theory can be proven until GRRM makes in canon (in the books or in interviews). And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, not a secret Targ.

That Tysha will forgive Tyrion, and not stomp him death.

This is the worst IMO. Tyrion/Tysha is the most cringe ship in the books. A hundred silver coins and one gold on a bloody sheet... He watched while she was brutally rapped and left bleeding by at least a hundred and one men, because he rapped her too. There aren't words to describe how must Tysha suffered and people think she would want Tyrion back? It makes me sad for humanity.

Pretty much anything involving a major character having a secret identity/lineage of some sort, I mean aside from R+L=J which has all but been confirmed at this point.

Also the "Great Northern Conspiracy" to an extent - I agree with the belief that the Northern lords are actively working against Bolton and trying to restore the Starks, frankly to me that seems too obvious to be considered a theory. But it loses me at the "...and then they're going to betray Stannis and have ONLY ONE KING WHOS NAME IS STARK HURRDURR!!!!!" part. And my lack of belief in that has less to do with me being a Stannis fan and more to do with the fact that it makes no fucking sense. And even if it does happen, the only thing it would prove is that the Northmen are just as shitty as everyone else in Westeros, so I really don't get why the Northern Master Race crowd are so pumped on it.

I agree with you about the GNC.

It's not so much a theory as it is a practice. People that obsess over one tiny detail to the exclusion of all else, even though their explanation for that detail complicates or invalidates everything else.

The "Jon swore a vow, so there's no way he can ever do anything besides NW people." The lemon party types. The HS=HR cause dirt! types.

It became popular by Fire Eater and Paper Waver a while back. No coincidence they're massive Jon fans.

I still say Rhaegal. Because of the name. :dunno:

Its possible. I have a stupid theory that Viserion flies off of his own accord. And Rhaegal gets captured by Ironborn, who get raided by Aurane Waters' crew, steal Rhaegal and Aegon winds up with him. Viserion winds up in Bran's Uber Warg Path and gets guided to Jon. :drunk:

But seriously, im a massive Jon fan. Hes numero uno with me. But Drogon belongs to Dany. Come on.

Wait who are these "lemon party types" in the ASOIAF fandom? Because I want in on this community immediately without even knowing what its about just for what its called.

I just named them that. They believe that the lemon tree of Dany's memories proves she is either 1. lied to about her childhood, which leads to 2. she's not really a Targaryen.

Not really. We don't have confirmation that AA is/was a good force. We have a woman who likes to burn people alive telling us he is good.

We don't have confirmation the Others are an evil force, we have primitive human characters that are afraid of the cold unknown telling us they are scary :P

I don't like the Tyrion is a Targ theories.

I just named them that. They believe that the lemon tree of Dany's memories proves she is either 1. lied to about her childhood, which leads to 2. she's not really a Targaryen.

I said this on the Random confessions thread, but I really want to burn that lemon tree to the ground.

We'll be here for you when it happens...

Not. Going. To. Happen!

The only way it would make sense is of Dany dies, which I think it's safe to say won't be until the very end. Jon will have already bonded to one of the other dragons by then.

It's not so much a theory as it is a practice. People that obsess over one tiny detail to the exclusion of all else, even though their explanation for that detail complicates or invalidates everything else.

The "Jon swore a vow, so there's no way he can ever do anything besides NW people." The lemon party types. The HS=HR cause dirt! types.

Those two especially!

The High Sparrow can live in a house with a huge Red Door with an entire effing Lemon Grove in the middle flippin' Braavos for all I care...but HR ≠ HS!

Oh I was hoping Lemon Party somehow related to the website. Kinda disappointed but glad that was cleared up nonetheless.

Wait who are these "lemon party types" in the ASOIAF fandom?

Presumably, people who have noticed clues strongly suggesting that lemon trees do not grow in Braavos or anywhere that far north; which in turn suggests perhaps that the House with the Red Door is not where Dany thinks it was.

Presumably, people who have noticed clues strongly suggesting that lemon trees do not grow in Braavos or anywhere that far north; which in turn suggests perhaps that the House with the Red Door is not where Dany thinks it was.

You can find what you're looking for by google searching Lemon Party on your work computer.

And you didn't need to spell it all out. Anyone who knows Lemon Party understands...anyone who doesn't will probably glaze over all of this anyways...or forget this website once they lemon party

I need to flush my cache

Ok. Hold on a minute. They think she actively lied about where she was? To whom? The invisible narrator next to her telling her to mislead the reader if the story she's in? Doesn't she think about it in her memories? What the hell? Ugh, I give up. I knew I should've ignored the urge to even think about the logistics of that theory.

Ok. Hold on a minute. They think she actively lied about where she was? To whom? The invisible narrator next to her telling her to mislead the reader if the story she's in? Doesn't she think about it in her memories? What the hell? Ugh, I give up. I knew I should've ignored the urge to even think about the logistics of that theory.

She's a random girl with Targaryen features, who was told be Viserys (also possibly a fake) that she was Dany if they add super insane as a side to their crackpot.

Archived