April Fools' Day Pranks

Fragile Bird

Oh yeah I didn't even really think of the Onion, I love that site and clickhole but...it's not like I ever believe any of their articles are being serious ahahha

Yeah, I know what you mean. Now, of course, I recognize immediately that they're jokes, just because it's from The Onion. But when someone first sent me a link to one of their articles, the story was just subtle enough that you thought it might be true. I was left scratching my head for a bit. Then I clicked on some of their other stories and caught on quickly after that.

Netflix has some amusing PSAs that showed up in my recommended list today. 'Go to sleep' 'binge safely' 'walk the dog' etc. Assuming April fools related.

I love April fool's day. My favorite tools are jb weld, quick set epoxy and superglue. One year I epoxied a bottle of premixed " mimosa champagne" to the counter of our breakroom. I left a card with my pal's name on it.

One of the girls I worked with was so determined to get in there she fit 3 straws together to drink it straight out of the bottle.

That year I also glued about $50 in quarters to all of the tip trays and tables.

I glued an entire stack of tip trays together and I glued a pair of undies to the carpet near the men's room.

I'm also a big fan of the fake memo. Best Prank Ever. On official letterhead, the most RIDICULOUS new "company rules" are totally believed to be real.

I convinced my sister that her cabbage patch doll was alive "for reals" by leaving her notes from him. Oddly, she was totally unsurprised to get the letters as they in no way countered her vision of the world. She already KNEW he was alive.

I am currently working on a spectacular prank. It qill take 5 volunteers and 4 months to complete. The recipient is a prankster, so no worries that he'll be mad.

My current favorite prankster is the magician Michael Carbonaro of the Carbonaro Effect. I use him in my courses to teach basic Physics principles.

Lastly,

INI!! I AM DISAPPOINT!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

I love April fool's day. My favorite tools are jb weld, quick set epoxy and superglue. One year I epoxied a bottle of premixed " mimosa champagne" to the counter of our breakroom. I left a card with my pal's name on it.

One of the girls I worked with was so determined to get in there she fit 3 straws together to drink it straight out of the bottle.

/snip

Lastly,

INI!! I AM DISAPPOINT!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

I can totally see myself doing that. Nothing stands between me and CHAMPAGNE (or sparkling wine.)

That year I also glued about $50 in quarters to all of the tip trays and tables.

I glued an entire stack of tip trays together and I glued a pair of undies to the carpet near the men's room.

I'm also a big fan of the fake memo. Best Prank Ever. On official letterhead, the most RIDICULOUS new "company rules" are totally believed to be real.

I convinced my sister that her cabbage patch doll was alive "for reals" by leaving her notes from him. Oddly, she was totally unsurprised to get the letters as they in no way countered her vision of the world. She already KNEW he was alive.

I am currently working on a spectacular prank. It qill take 5 volunteers and 4 months to complete. The recipient is a prankster, so no worries that he'll be mad.

My current favorite prankster is the magician Michael Carbonaro of the Carbonaro Effect. I use him in my courses to teach basic Physics principles.

Lastly,

INI!! I AM DISAPPOINT!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

Oh man, when I was in high school epoxy was pretty much my favorite thing in the world. Mostly used it to glue change to the floor after seeing Empire Records.

Lastly,

INI!! I AM DISAPPOINT!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

These are fan-fucking-tastic. I also love April fools pranks, but damn this shit is a kick in the ass... Need to step up my game.

Last year I set up a mannequin, still covered in pallet wrap, just inside the store bathroom at work (employees only). Got every single person working that day.

Today, I was given the day off :/

These are fan-fucking-tastic. I also love April fools pranks, but damn this shit is a kick in the ass... Need to step up my game.

Last year I set up a mannequin, still covered in pallet wrap, just inside the store bathroom at work (employees only). Got every single person working that day.

Today, I was given the day off :/

My ex spent like 3 months painting up these mannequins with crazy designs all over them for a project, so they were usually in the living room while the paint dried, but if one of us got home before the other one, we'd position a mannequin somewhere surprising - like right in front of the door, the shower, or the closet where we kept the dog food. It was a lot of fun.

Oh man, when I was in high school epoxy was pretty much my favorite thing in the world. Mostly used it to glue change to the floor after seeing Empire Records.

HAHAHA! Oh Larry, I knew I stole that from somewhere! I DID pay for it by having to take a putty knife to all the tables the next morning. I also had to clean both bathrooms over the tip trays. SO WORTH IT. I got busted because I couldn't stop laughing.

My corporate Memos were posted in the elevator and dressing room of an Adult corporate place on Bourbon Street. I had 50 copies of 3 different memos. As background, I think our managers were paid bonuses based on the number of memos they put up every week that (slightly) changed schedules and rules of the house. The spelling and grammar of low-level corporate management in New Orleans was absolutely appalling. I was taking Tech Writing in school at the time and I was at my 5th or 6th disposable job. I always had to quit for finals, because I'd get told, "WORK IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR EDUCATION!!!" At this particular place we were fined for breaking the rules. Well, the rules changed every week. Things like shift-start time, uniform regulations, sales protocol, which brand of alcohol to push, etc.

So Memo 1 read after introduction:

"All dancers will smoke ONLY in the VIP section. Not everyone's dream-girl is a SMOKER LADIES!!! Keep you're (sic) BUTTS in VIP!"

Memo 2 had a looooooooooong list of dress code requirements for staff and entertainment that applied only between 10:15pm and 2:25 am on Friday and Saturday night along with schedule and fee changes.

The entertainment were required to wear "Day-Glow" colors. Specifically, green, pink, orange or yellow. A special note was made that neither turquoise nor white met that requirement.

Staff that wore stockings were required to change from black fishnets to nude fishnets during this time.

Staff that wore ties were required to change their ties.

In addition to the dress code, there were new sales mandates for merchandise, a 15 minute change in shift requirements, a mandatory Saturday morning meeting and a $5 change in the shift fee to offset a $0.10 / hour raise for Management.

Memo 3 made some rude comments about the general health of all staff and contractors. The elevator was to be reprogrammed to permit it to only carry passengers down from the second floor. We would all have to work to get ourselves to the second floor by climbing the stairs unless accompanied by a customer. Violators would be fined.

We were so used to being bombarded with nearly equally stupid memos every day that the kerfuffle didn't start until around 9pm. Management ripped them down and I put a new one right back up. Best Sunday ever at that hellhole AND I didn't get caught.

RRL, Larry!!!! I love mannequins!

:rofl:

So, this happened at work today.

Like many hospitals, we have a report in the morning where doctors usually present the overnight admissions. Some of the consultants also present cases that they find interesting.

We had one who put up a radiology image of a heart in the abdomen, apparently Radiopedia.com does an annual April fools joke, where they come up with pseudo-pathologies and put up an article on April 1st, here's their entry for what they call 'Tin-Man Syndrome'. You have to admire their commitment to the prank. This is my favorite bit.

The first ever description of the condition in the medical literature was in a controversial monographsubmitted to the Royal Society in 1874 by Dr. Nohear Lubdub. Entitled "An unusual case of ectopia cardia epigasticum in a Haryana boy", the monograph was later retracted when accusations were made that the images accompanying the text had been doctored.

It was not until 1908 that Dr Lubdub's work was vindicated when existence of the condition was confirmed during the early years of chest radiography. Unfortunately, Dr Lubdub had fallen into a deep depression following his expulsion from the Royal Society, only occasionally seen wandering the streets of Chandigarh mumbling "and yet it beats". His death was unrecorded.

Unfortunately for the doctor, I'm not sure if he realised that he fell for it ( or he could possibly have been trying to play a prank on us, I couldn't tell)

Like many hospitals, we have a report in the morning where doctors usually present the overnight admissions. Some of the consultants also present cases that they find interesting.

We had one who put up a radiology image of a heart in the abdomen,

Oh, dear. :worried: Shades of Bakker invade the April Fool's Day thread.

We had one who put up a radiology image of a heart in the abdomen, apparently Radiopedia.com does an annual April fools joke, where they come up with pseudo-pathologies and put up an article on April 1st, here's their entry for what they call 'Tin-Man Syndrome'. You have to admire their commitment to the prank. This is my favorite bit.

Unfortunately for the doctor, I'm not sure if he realised that he fell for it ( or he could possibly have been trying to play a prank on us, I couldn't tell)

Nohear Lubdub! AHAHAHAHA! That's incredible. I love your radiology department.

Pranks are the bread and butter of a kitchen.

As the exec chef I don't partake. I do however take joy in watching my sous chefs fuck with each other.

Hell, I often suggest it.

One guy coming in to find the apron he left out soaked in water and frozen flat is fun.

The old cornstarch cement on the tools trick is a classic.

The beet stain handprint on the back is enjoyable.

I have seen the fish head in the knife bag countless times.

cooks and chefs are sinister vagrant drunks with the humor of 15 year old kids.

I hacked my ex's Facebook and updated her status to "I miss Robert so much. He's a great guy."

When she found out, instead of annoyance, she updated her status with "Well, he is an awesome guy and I DO miss him."

Winning.

Did you legitimately hack the security system Facebook has, or did you guess her password/ uncover the hidden symbols when it was on auto-login?

You do realize that pranks don't have to be "abuse", right?

A woman working at a restaurant was 'pranked' by people leaving her $100 tips all day long, then giving her a car. How was she made to feel bad?

... what about this is a prank?

Anyway, I like jokes and I think pranks can be funny sometimes (though I can't recall every attempting an actual prank myself), but I don't think the average person has the cleverness or elevated sense of humor to pull them off, and thus I kind of hate April Fools Day. When everyone is trolling, no one is trolling. It's like New Year's Eve or St. Patrick's Day for drinkers - kind of an amateur hour.

Archived