UK Politics - Cameron, Farage, Milliband: Snog, Marry, Avoid?

Zoë Sumra

I pulled an all-nighter last night due to work. While I could physically do it two nights in a row, today I'm going to work for about 2pm. Tomorrow I have to be awake at 8am. Not happening!

Voted on the way in; was dithering between Labour and Green right up to the wire, but finally plumped for Green because the candidate lived locally (The Labour guy had a fecking TN postcode, that's not even the next district over!). Gonna be a Tory wash anyway so it's not gonna count for much, but a vote's a vote.

I wish I could have voted on the way to work, but the polls opened 30 mins after I started.

Hope your que was not too long.

Yeah, it was fine. I think I was the second person to turn up. I was just a bit concerned there might be an early rush since I've never been that early before and I only had about a 10 minute window between the polls opening and the point I'd have to leave to go to work.

what time will the first results be reported?

I do kind of wish Exit Polls could just be banned. They've been disastrously accurate for the last two elections and completely spoiled the surprise.

when do exit poll results typically get reported?

Voted on the way in; was dithering between Labour and Green right up to the wire, but finally plumped for Green because the candidate lived locally (The Labour guy had a fecking TN postcode, that's not even the next district over!). Gonna be a Tory wash anyway so it's not gonna count for much, but a vote's a vote.

On my ballot paper the Tory candidate didn't even state their full address, it just said "address in Bromsgrove constituency" (for clarity, that's not my constituency)

I do kind of wish Exit Polls could just be banned. They've been disastrously accurate for the last two elections and completely spoiled the surprise.

Maybe I'll lie if I'm asked on the way out. Pick the most stupid party and say I voted for them.

I'm working till 11 so should then be free to watch the results night. I'll miss the first few but be there for most of it.

The first constituency to report is traditionally Houghton and Sunderland South. You're looking at around 10.45 pm GMT.

*rises* that's home for me! :D Though I'm register in London rather than there, since I live in London arm.

Anyway, I'm a postal voter so I'm already sent off.

Maybe I'll lie if I'm asked on the way out. Pick the most stupid party and say I voted for them.

Even better; exit polls just get you to recreate your vote on a ballot paper, so you don't have to even pretend to them you picked a silly party.

On my ballot paper the Tory candidate didn't even state their full address, it just said "address in Bromsgrove constituency" (for clarity, that's not my constituency)

Only 2 of my 6 options (Con and TUSC) gave a full address; the rest all had variants of what you mentioned. I guess they knew they weren't getting elected and didn't want people to have their full address...

The first constituency to report is traditionally Houghton and Sunderland South. You're looking at around 10.45 pm GMT.

BST. :)

Although I understand one of the Newcastle seats has pledged to give H&SS a run for its money in declaring first...

Yep, something like 31% Tory majority where I live. The funny thing is, I live in the northern half of the city which is the more 'well off' area I guess, the rest of the city is something like a 25% Labour majority. Hahahahah

Gonna go vote later anyway even though it won't make a difference really

Ahh damnit; I was gonna vote labour and ended up voting Green. Hoping it won't be completely wasted and this is a v big student constituency and thinking maybe students won't be so kind to lib dems as they have been. Still, conservative have no hope in hell of winning here so it will be between labour and lib dems.

I voted. had an empty polling station.

I know now that my local MP won't be living in my constituency. since none of them live here. Which explains the very general leaflets I got which had no tweaking for local issues. I guess living in a safe 51% Tory seat means no-one really bothers.

I was kinda surprised to get a local council vote since I've not had one leaflet or anything about the local elections. I don't even know who runs the council up to now, since I only recently moved in. so yeah I made a truly informed choice there. On the bright side they all do live local even if they can't be bothered to ask people to vote for them.

Yeah very few candidates on my paper gave their addresses either. Dont remember how many did, think it was 2.

My vote eventually went to labour btw.

My parents still dont vote, which always annoys me. But, at least they aren't the type to groan about 'the state of this country' and blah blah blah, which would irritate me even more.

Popped down to vote first thing and when I came back and was getting ready for work an old woman knocked on my door. Apparently she was going around the area telling people to vote (stand up and be counted and all that) and offering biscuits to people as an incentive to go down. Told her I already had and she walked off and didn't even give me a biscuit, the evil biddy.

Archived