Small Questions v. 10100

Do we know when Prince Lewyn entered the Kingsguard?

Followup question:

Did he act as a sworn shield to Elia?

From twoiaf:

The Dornishmen who had come to court wth the Princess Elia were in the prince's confidence as well, particularly Prince Lewyn Martell, Elia's uncle and a Sworn Brother of the Kingsguard.

That does make it sound like Lewyn entered around the time Elia came to court (most likely after being betrothed in early 279 AC).

We don't know if he was Elia's sworn sword. Do spouses of the Prince of Dragonstone even get their personal KG? I don't think we've ever seen that before.. it is up to the king to decide who all to extend the KG protection to, and when.

Are there any threads discussing Jon's last chapter in ADWD and the possibility of Others arriving? It's purely speculation. Not sure where to go to discuss it.

You might want to check out the reread subforum.

What was Jorah doing at Drogo's manse at thew beginning of the series? I know he was spying on Dany, but how did he score an invite?

Illryio introduced him to Viserys and he agreed to serve Viserys. So I have to assume that Illryio arranged his being there.

What was Jorah doing at Drogo's manse at thew beginning of the series? I know he was spying on Dany, but how did he score an invite?

More likely Varys and Illyrio had contracted him to keep tabs on Viserys and/or Daenerys. So, likely Illyrio arranged it. Also note that Jrah had visited Vaes Dothrak befoe so he had Dothraki connections.

The senselessness of Joffrey's murder plot has always bothered. It wasn't a conspiracy, it was a Rube Goldberg device. I've tried to explain it away by rationalizing that all parties wanted to ensure that everyone got sticky fingers but that many moving pieces- passing the poison from LF to Dontos to Sansa to Olenna to Joffrey- is just asking for failure and I'm sure there were less insane alternatives.

Why do it this way? What am I missing?

who is tommen's heir?

Myrcella is next in line for the throne, at the moment. (Although Tommen argued without success that Ser Pounce was his preferred choice, Myrcella agreed to outlaw beets upon ascending the throne, thereby winning Tommen's endorsement.)

Myrcella is next in line for the throne, at the moment. (Although Tommen argued without success that Ser Pounce was his preferred choice, Myrcella agreed to outlaw beets upon ascending the throne, thereby winning Tommen's endorsement.)

I thought the targaryen law was that the IT couldn't pass to a woman? Has that been un-done officially? That's why everyone was saying dany had no claim. The IT can't pass to a woman or through a woman to her children. That makes Stannis the heir.

I would like to know if someone already reviewed the role of the vows in keeping the crows from producing male offspring, Craster's children, whose males have a different date than females, and the role of the offering of children to the others in the cavity of the huge heart tree in that little abandoned village over the wall (cannot remember the name) .

Also the sex of the others should be related to the female Other who sways the night's king. As no other females others are known.

I am convinced this has a crucial role in the lore of the Others, but I cannot find a comprehensive theory about it.

So no one knows of theories on the value and meaning of sexes for the Others and the role of the heart tree at Whitetree and of old customs of human sacrifices at heart trees?

I think there is something crucial about Whitetree since that is the largest heart tree known (then possibly the oldest), representing probably the oldest customs. Just probing...

So no one knows of theories on the value and meaning of sexes for the Others and the role of the heart tree at Whitetree and of old customs of human sacrifices at heart trees?

I think there is something crucial about Whitetree since that is the largest heart tree known (then possibly the oldest), representing probably the oldest customs. Just probing...

Sorry, can't think of anything.

I thought the targaryen law was that the IT couldn't pass to a woman? Has that been un-done officially? That's why everyone was saying dany had no claim. The IT can't pass to a woman or through a woman to her children. That makes Stannis the heir.

It wasn't a law the way we think of a law. Precedent suggested that a man's claim alwYs superseded a woman's. But Tommen and Myrcella are not Targaryens.

They do claim the throne through the Targaryen dynasty, though.

The throne did not exist before the Targaryen dynasty.

Renly shrugged. "Tell me, what right did my brother Robert ever have to the Iron Throne?" He did not wait for an answer. "Oh, there was talk of the blood ties between Baratheon and Targaryen, of weddings a hundred years past, of second sons and elder daughters. No one but the maesters care about any of it. Robert won the throne with his warhammer."

Catelyn II, Clash

Archived