The Flash - Stupidest man alive

Red Tiger

Jesse Quick perhaps...

It's obvious now that you point out. Especially given the family connection.

My son only watches Flash and is not interested in Arrow, so when he asked about "who's that in the red outfit?" I looked at him weird until I realised the last time he'd seen anything of Arrow Roy was still Arsenal.

So, the fastest Flash has been clocked is a bit over mach 2. That's kinda slow. He's not even faster than the fastest fighter jets, or some classes of missile. Probably some bullets fly faster than that. What use is he if he isn't the fastest non-electromagnetic thing on the planet?

Your son is lucky in that he maybe knows of only one Black Canary in that case? Lucky kid.

Yeah I thought Mach-2 was a bit slow as well - especially given it allowed him to travel through time. Is there something fighter pilots aren't telling us? Maybe that's where Hal Jordan went? He also has to build up to mach-2 so he probably should have a lot more trouble catching bullets - he certainly made a meal out of catching knives this week. But he can pur 30 coffees in 2 seconds. And redecorate a flat in 3 (which suggests he should be able to think at super speed - making him even more stupid than we give him credit for).

I'm sure there are archers out there who get equally upset with Arrow every week for doing impossible/inconsistent things.

There was a lot going on in this episode. It mostly worked pretty well, it brougt the fun while also establishing a reasonable level of menace from the bad guy while keeping the stakes relatively small.

Annoyances were Patty still being kept in the dark for no reason (even Oliver is pretty cavalier about people finding out his secret identity these days Barry, take a hint) and even when she shoots somebody because of this, nobody bothers to explain even a little bit about what's going on.

Also, was Iris even in this episode, or the follow-up on Arrow?

I enjoyed the hell out of this ep: old fashioned villain team-up, Mark Hamill, the chase scene between Flash and Weather Wizard, and an effective way of keeping Flash at bay.  I was also expecting Wally West's entrance to be more overwrought but instead he just joins them for an Xmas get-together, which was quite touching.

PS

I guess Snart is gonna be repeating that "I'm not a hero" line quite a bit.

Another fun episode. They seem to be packing a lot into an episode keeping things moving along nicely on all fronts. It's a shame Barry is being a dick about his identity with Patty - especially at the "we know who the flash is" xmas party.

It's weird how they have Barry behaving like that and then they absolutely nail Joe's scenes. He's like the most sensible person ever - I loved how he reasoned things regarding his son and was mature enough to admit he was partly resposible. Also, he never once blamed Iris for not telling him right away. I feel like they need to have Joe sit down with Laurel Lance (did they meet during the crossover?).

Too soon to tell how Wally will turn out but I'm going to be optimistic about him. He's still my favourite Flash although I've no idea what the new52 comic version is like or whether the show will follow the comic much anyhow. I'd be surprised if he never hits mach 2 though.

Mark Hamil was great - I don't really mind that he's playing the Joker still (he's great at it). He's so good at playing evil/crazy that I almost wouldn't mind Skywalker being like this in Episode VII just to see how it works on screen (it would need to be toned down a notch)

I also loved this week's "WTF" science. Cisco seemed to feel the same way. The bombs were super magnetised and attracted each other once one exploded? It's so wacky I don't even know how to unpick it. Sucks for wherever on Earth-2 that portal opened (I'm right in thinking the portals just go to Earth-2?) - I guess if it's just "up in the air" it's all good. Hope it didn't go to Gorilla land or there's a great reason for a Gorilla invasion down the road.

Does anyone know if the actor playing Zoom is the guy in the suit at the moment? I noticed we can see his eyes/face a bit more now but I still couldn't place it (pretty tricky to be fair) but it may be just a stunt guy at the moment and the "real" Zoom won't be used until his full identity is revealed. He's starting to come across as a speed-force vampire which reinforces the notion that none of the in-show characters have ever thought "I wonder which earth 2 version of us he might be". It's not a rational conclusion for anyone who isn't a TV fan.

It's weird how they have Barry behaving like that and then they absolutely nail Joe's scenes. He's like the most sensible person ever - I loved how he reasoned things regarding his son and was mature enough to admit he was partly resposible. Also, he never once blamed Iris for not telling him right away. I feel like they need to have Joe sit down with Laurel Lance (did they meet during the crossover?).

Joe is still a part of the "Don't tell Patty anything" conspiracy. And since he pulled the same shit with Iris last year, he's basically responsible, as Barry takes his cue on this from him. So I'm not celebrating the way he's written all that hard, particularly since the whole Wally plot somehow manages to sideline Iris by having her serve as messenger, instead of a woman who just learned she has a brother she never knew, right after finding out that her father lied about her mother being dead for two decades. Yet for some reason it's all about Joe.

I also loved this week's "WTF" science. Cisco seemed to feel the same way. The bombs were super magnetised and attracted each other once one exploded? It's so wacky I don't even know how to unpick it. Sucks for wherever on Earth-2 that portal opened (I'm right in thinking the portals just go to Earth-2?) - I guess if it's just "up in the air" it's all good. Hope it didn't go to Gorilla land or there's a great reason for a Gorilla invasion down the road.

There was that nice moment where Cisco tried to explain how Weather Wizard managed to float through the air, when Wells just cut in with "He can fly".

I think all portals open to Earth 2, yes. They'll need another reason for Barry to risk the fate of the world on a whim if they want to explore more parallel Earths.

Joe is still a part of the "Don't tell Patty anything" conspiracy. And since he pulled the same shit with Iris last year, he's basically responsible, as Barry takes his cue on this from him. So I'm not celebrating the way he's written all that hard, particularly since the whole Wally plot somehow manages to sideline Iris by having her serve as messenger, instead of a woman who just learned she has a brother she never knew, right after finding out that her father lied about her mother being dead for two decades. Yet for some reason it's all about Joe.

There was that nice moment where Cisco tried to explain how Weather Wizard managed to float through the air, when Wells just cut in with "He can fly".

I think all portals open to Earth 2, yes. They'll need another reason for Barry to risk the fate of the world on a whim if they want to explore more parallel Earths.

Thanks for reminding me that Joe is still a CW character

They need more moments where they don't bother explaining stuff as the explanations often dig them deeper.

SPARTACUS!

I think this was the best episode of the season so far. I've feel like season 2 has been a little uneven but this, along with the crossover and the Grodd episode has gone a long way of improving that. Zoom is great bad guy but it feels like they haven't quite figured out have to fully utilize him yet.

Mark Hamill was fantastic as per usual and you can tell that he's really enjoying himself. Liam McIntyre and Weather Wizard was a lot better this time around and he actually felt like a legitimate threat. And I really liked that they came up with a plan that made sense to counteract the Flash's speed.

Still the whole bomb solution felt like a deus-ex machina and it is really annoying that they keep on lying and withhold secrets from each other.

I wonder if CW has some kind of quota for the number secrets their show must have?  

Thanks for reminding me that Joe is still a CW character

Heh. Well, the difference between Joe and, say, Laurel is that Joe is likeable enough to mostly get away with it.

The bomb solution was probably the most ridiculous and unrealistic thing this show has done so far.

It did give us the great moment of Harry issuing his hilarious demand to a confused child: "Your toys. Give them to me." Between that and "Every Earth has The Godfather, Vito." Harry got all the best lines this episode.

Very good episode.  Mark Hamill killed it.  He made me want to go back and watch some Batman: The Animated Series.  Cisco was really good too, "It's about time!"

I'm good with the Trickster being the Arrowverse version of the Joker.  Now we need to have the next crossover set of episodes be something with him as the main villain...

SPARTACUS!

I think this was the best episode of the season so far. I've feel like season 2 has been a little uneven but this, along with the crossover and the Grodd episode has gone a long way of improving that. Zoom is great bad guy but it feels like they haven't quite figured out have to fully utilize him yet.

Mark Hamill was fantastic as per usual and you can tell that he's really enjoying himself. Liam McIntyre and Weather Wizard was a lot better this time around and he actually felt like a legitimate threat. And I really liked that they came up with a plan that made sense to counteract the Flash's speed.

Still the whole bomb solution felt like a deus-ex machina and it is really annoying that they keep on lying and withhold secrets from each other.

I wonder if CW has some kind of quota for the number secrets their show must have?  

Weather Wizard was used a lot better this time and they made the most of the actor - it's a shame McIntyre hasn't got regular work elsewhere but that seems to be the case with a lot of people who had their break on Spartacus. Actually the arrowverse is the main place to see them these days. What with Deathstroke, Nyssa, Amander waller, Boomerang. Am I missing anyone else?

Weather Wizard was used a lot better this time and they made the most of the actor - it's a shame McIntyre hasn't got regular work elsewhere but that seems to be the case with a lot of people who had their break on Spartacus. Actually the arrowverse is the main place to see them these days. What with Deathstroke, Nyssa, Amander waller, Boomerang. Am I missing anyone else?

On the Marvel side, Agron made an appearance on Agents of Shield and was killed about 10 minutes later.

I like it but sometimes, like all CW shows, it becomes a bit soapy for my taste. And also, I though we have ended the setting up for the Legends last week... I forgot about Captain Cold...

Archived