Myrcella is the smartest Lannister...I shall marry Trystane Martell - beware spoilers abound

rocksniffer

In the book, and probably in the show, sand snakes go to KL. Obv they're not going there to help Tommen and Cersei. If Tommen dies, Myrcella becomes queen, with Trystane as king consort. In the show, Doran has no reason to discourage this turn of events, as it gives him everything he wants: it protects Myrcella, punishes Cersei, and puts his heir on the throne as consort without starting a war. This is such an obvious move that I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, either in show or in books.

What is Doran the next ned stark. Why should protecting Myrcella be Doran's priority. I think we call agree than all of seven kingdoms know that Cersei kids are bastards, they are not proven yet that is why they are still alive, but I don't think anyone doubts the facts anymore. Doran can't be stupid enough to want Trystane to marry Myrcella in the hopes of securing KL because that is the worst plan, Lannisters are going down Doran must know this. Doran might be a great guy and he might genuinely like Myrcella but I don't think he would risk the future of his house interests to protect her. I hope that is not Doran's master plan. I think what is going to happen is Doran will agree for Myrcella to go with Jamie and break the betrothal. Myrcella will be shocked and in tears and beg Trystane to marry her, but Tyrstane won't because his father has bigger plan for him and that is to marry Dany Targ. The interesting dynamics of this could be impact in essos that could test Tyrion's loyalty. If Tyrion was the one who arranged Myrcella/Trystanne alliance to protect Myrcella would he counsel Dany to marry Trystanne putting his niece life in danger. Ok I am getting carried away maybe Doran really is Ned stark incarnate and he just wants Trystane and Myrcella to live happily ever after.

As I guessed before, it is being set up that Myrcella-Trystane will replace Arianne-fAegon and fight Dany.

Sad to see interesting characters cut for stupid original characters. Instead of Arianne Martell, heiress of Dorne, we get... Teen Romance and Sand Fakes. Sou ds about roght.

What is Doran the next ned stark. Why should protecting Myrcella be Doran's priority. I think we call agree than all of seven kingdoms know that Cersei kids are bastards, they are not proven yet that is why they are still alive, but I don't think anyone doubts the facts anymore. Doran can't be stupid enough to want Trystane to marry Myrcella in the hopes of securing KL because that is the worst plan, Lannisters are going down Doran must know this. Doran might be a great guy and he might genuinely like Myrcella but I don't think he would risk the future of his house interests to protect her. I hope that is not Doran's master plan. I think what is going to happen is Doran will agree for Myrcella to go with Jamie and break the betrothal. Myrcella will be shocked and in tears and beg Trystane to marry her, but Tyrstane won't because his father has bigger plan for him and that is to marry Dany Targ. The interesting dynamics of this could be impact in essos that could test Tyrion's loyalty. If Tyrion was the one who arranged Myrcella/Trystanne alliance to protect Myrcella would he counsel Dany to marry Trystanne putting his niece life in danger. Ok I am getting carried away maybe Doran really is Ned stark incarnate and he just wants Trystane and Myrcella to live happily ever after.

There is no proof, other than hair color, that Jaime is the father of Cersei's kids. They're protected in other ways, too. The Tyrells, a very strong family, have zero reason to question Tommen's parentage. In the novels, HS doesn't go after Cersei for incest, as doing so would make Stannis and his R'hllor next in line for the throne. Same should be true of HS in the show, too. Having Myrcella is nothing to sneer at, and protecting her should be Doran's priority, as she gets the Martells on the throne. It's as simple as that.

EDIT: The show could play this differently. The novel HS dismisses incest for political reasons. The show HS might not. Olenna is mighty pissed, and could bring up incest.

No, it wasn't; but I bet all my money on LF.

Ellaria would never risk to alert Cersey with hollow treats when she can simply kill her daughter.

When something smart happens I usually go with LF, the only working brain aside from Tyrion.

I thought that, too. In the show, Cersei is looking for Tyrion's whore and thinks she finds her because of the lannister necklace she is wearing. Later that season, Joffrey shoots and kills the whore with his crossbow. That would explain where LF got the necklace.

Can't help but notice some similarities between season/book 1 Sansa and this Myrcella. I wonder if Myrcella will get as much torture as Sansa did for being all dreamy eyed, naïve and dismissive of danger.

In the book, and probably in the show, sand snakes go to KL. Obv they're not going there to help Tommen and Cersei. If Tommen dies, Myrcella becomes queen, with Trystane as king consort. In the show, Doran has no reason to discourage this turn of events, as it gives him everything he wants: it protects Myrcella, punishes Cersei, and puts his heir on the throne as consort without starting a war. This is such an obvious move that I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, either in show or in books.

Doran is putting a viper and a kitten into the same sack by sending the Sandsnakes to the KL. I think it is clear that he expects them to kill Tommen.

Sad to see interesting characters cut for stupid original characters. Instead of Arianne Martell, heiress of Dorne, we get... Teen Romance and Sand Fakes. Sou ds about roght.

IMO Arianne is shallow and boring as hell. Myrcella was described as strong-willed and smart even at such a young age.

Doran's plan in the show seems without sense and out of character...

I still hope that Trystane = Aegon and Doran names one of the snakes as his heir.

I dunno what show Doran's plan is but I do think that's the best place for this story to go. Trystane being ou of picture somehow and Doran having to rely on one of the Snake's to grow up and take the Martell name.

The sceen was reminiescent of Sansa with Ned. I do not want to go home, I want to stay and marry. She then goes betraying his plans. Teenagers.

His plans were already in question this time having committed an act of war. However he had been given much better quarters. Whereas Bronn and the snakes were treated like common crims in a cellblock

How well did that bode?

I don't know how to put the spoiler thingy so i wrote in white:

If Myrcella get the face treatment that she gets in the book I am not sure Trystane will still be so happy to marry (but who knows ...)

perhaps but i don't see her getting hurt, killed maybe but not til she has a crown...

and though i am not a techy i have learned (upon pain of death...or banning) that you do it this way

followed by your words, and then

...even though this will show as a spoiler tag in post if you click quote button you will be able to see it the proper technique

to restate in easier way use [] around word spoiler, then your words followed by

. that should get you fixed up...i hope ;)

no they didn't ...and while i have always suspected it was cersei, her response when jamie told her he would go was ridicule...

me too, it shows that even though she is sprinting toward madness, she is still one of the most cunning ones left alive...

i know it seems like a long shot, but why have maggy say it if they weren't going to follow through...i am thinking there might be a shift from kevin getting killed, as in the books to tommen getting killed in the same way...then myrcella is the only one left to crown

wow...interesting idea...littlefinger does seem to be the catch all character for sneaky shit...particularly now that we seem to have misplaced varys ...he must have bumped into the blackfish during his epic piss...

No, it wasn't; but I bet all my money on LF.

Ellaria would never risk to alert Cersey with hollow treats when she can simply kill her daughter.

When something smart happens I usually go with LF, the only working brain aside from Tyrion.

I suspect based on the show so far is to go the most obvious and simplest path here. I doubt it was Cersei because she is just not that cunning in the show, and I don't think its LF because he was too far North for that and their portrayed him as needing to be in close contact with his manipulations (otherwise why need to go to KL to get Olyvar/Lancel thing going), and he is also not as smart as Book-LF.

I think it was really Dorne all along. The only reveal would be that since we suspect it was Ellaria/Sand Snakes in their "revenge" plot, while in reality it was Doran himself who sent the snake amulet, in order to manipulate Cersei.

There are two reasons he would do that: First one, if he is of "Blood and Fire" plot, then he just trying to get Myrcella removed from Dorne, especially if she and Trystane are getting too close for his comfort, and having Cersei/Lannisters being the ones who break the engagement alliance instead of blaming Dorne for it. He could always blame Sand Snakes for it, and also point out the Lannisters overreached when trying to kidnap Myrcella because its "obvious" that he had everything under control here as evidenced by timely apprehension of both Sand Snakes and Jaime.

Second reason if he is trying to get Myrcella on the throne, and he was expecting for Cersei to send Jaime here so he could convince him into supporting him in crowning Myrcella as a queen.

The main reason I think it may be Cersei is because we know that it is not actually the only other necklace like it. So why would she say that other than to try and motivate action to get Myrcella back, which she can do now that Tywin is dead. It seems like a fairly big oversight by the writers otherwise. Of course, they could just be retconning it.

I suspect based on the show so far is to go the most obvious and simplest path here. I doubt it was Cersei because she is just not that cunning in the show, and I don't think its LF because he was too far North for that and their portrayed him as needing to be in close contact with his manipulations (otherwise why need to go to KL to get Olyvar/Lancel thing going), and he is also not as smart as Book-LF.

I think it was really Dorne all along. The only reveal would be that since we suspect it was Ellaria/Sand Snakes in their "revenge" plot, while in reality it was Doran himself who sent the snake amulet, in order to manipulate Cersei.

There are two reasons he would do that: First one, if he is of "Blood and Fire" plot, then he just trying to get Myrcella removed from Dorne, especially if she and Trystane are getting too close for his comfort, and having Cersei/Lannisters being the ones who break the engagement alliance instead of blaming Dorne for it. He could always blame Sand Snakes for it, and also point out the Lannisters overreached when trying to kidnap Myrcella because its "obvious" that he had everything under control here as evidenced by timely apprehension of both Sand Snakes and Jaime.

Second reason if he is trying to get Myrcella on the throne, and he was expecting for Cersei to send Jaime here so he could convince him into supporting him in crowning Myrcella as a queen.

This. I feel he would be looking for a reason to end the betrothal. I still kind of wonder if it could be Cersei, but Doran sending the necklace is a good theory as well. One reason I feel Doran's end game isn't Myrcella/Trystane is in fact the "A Martell and a Lannister, ... how dangerous..." line. Doran if he's in character prefers cautious, well thought throuhg moves. Not risky, dangerous ones. I feel like playing a long game in hoping his son marries Dany seems more like him than trying to get him to power through Myrcella, whose legitimacy is tenuous and whose family connections would anger many Dornish.

The main reason I think it may be Cersei is because we know that it is not actually the only other necklace like it. So why would she say that other than to try and motivate action to get Myrcella back, which she can do now that Tywin is dead. It seems like a fairly big oversight by the writers otherwise. Of course, they could just be retconning it.

i agree that there is at least one more...the one tyrion gave roz here is a pic of roz with hers and cersei with hers only difference is myrcella's seems smaller, as it would be for a kid. here she is wearing it in season 2 but can't tell if she has it on when she leaves

from my inspection they are the same...so she lied to jamie, what was her purpose? to ge myrcella back or get jamie out of kings landing or get him killed?

i wonder if jamie brought the necklace with him. if myrcella was to say yes it is mine but i didn't bring it to dorne, or it was never mine...that could trigger jamie and cersei's complete breakdown and launch his search for brienne assuming that is where we go from here...

i believe myrcella will be on the throne or next in line by the end of episode 10

Doran's plan in the show seems without sense and out of character...

I still hope that Trystane = Aegon and Doran names one of the snakes as his heir.

Out of character? He's been in what? 3 scenes? What specifically about those scenes makes what he is doing 'out of character'?

i agree that there is at least one more...the one tyrion gave roz here is a pic of roz with hers and cersei with hers only difference is myrcella's seems smaller, as it would be for a kid. here she is wearing it in season 2 but can't tell if she has it on when she leaves

from my inspection they are the same...so she lied to jamie, what was her purpose? to ge myrcella back or get jamie out of kings landing or get him killed?

i wonder if jamie brought the necklace with him. if myrcella was to say yes it is mine but i didn't bring it to dorne, or it was never mine...that could trigger jamie and cersei's complete breakdown and launch his search for brienne assuming that is where we go from here...

i believe myrcella will be on the throne or next in line by the end of episode 10

Right - it's the break-up we are waiting for. It doesn't fully happen in the books until Jaime ignores and burns Cersei's letter for help after she is arrested. So we could see some similar break-up happening this next episode. And seeing Myrcella's necklace just might do it.

At least - I hope the break-up is still happening. It's part of Jaime's redemption arc. But they already did a grand job at screwing that up last season so who knows.

Archived