[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Repercussion

Chebyshov

I really am curious because they've whitewashed Tyrion almost past recognition and they've done nearly as much for Carol ... But they keep reminding us that Jaime is not a good person! (I would agree if they'd reminded us of the same thing about Cersei and Tyrion.)

Yeah...its a thing. This is the point where people really jump on the Jaime Train, so for them to neuter his character like this smacks of "i hate him because he hates Cersei" and their Cersei (or Carol as you guys call her) is their pet. The most misogynist female character in the series is their pet....makes you think...

Overall it was a decent episode, however:

Ramsay uncovers Sansa's escape attempt and flays the loyal servant but doesn't discover Brienne and Pod just hanging out across the way watching the tower for a candle in a snowstorm?

Not even a thank you to Ghost for saving the day. I'm surprised D&D didn't have Jon worg into Ghost and stay for the Gilly/Sam show.

I did laugh at Obara's eyeroll in the dungeon. Sums up my thoughts on Dorne this season. They never should've cut Arianne. Doran and Arianne made the Dorne plot interesting in the books.

They will regret to have cut Arianne and Quentyn. Quentyn also had a nice story and I really enjoyed his chapters. I don't know what they have in store for Trystane, the dude is so lame and he looks like a wax statue, terrible actor.

Arianna, Doran and Quentyn are essential. I know Quentyn died and people got pissed his character was there for nothing, but it was part of the Dornish plot and it would cause hate toward Daenerys, Doran won't be pleased to know his son was roasted to death trying to impress her and got rejected after offering Dorne to her.

And they mentioned the Storm Crows, that were with Stannis, like, they couldn't make Daario captain of the Storm Crows, they merged him to the Second Sons and now they decided to mention the Storm Crows. Still, we don't have the Golden Company, the most badass and imporant mercenary company in the story. *sighs*

I have the feeling that the Tyene scene with Bronn could have ended up with some rapey connotations.... this thread should change its name to Rant and Rave about Rapercussion if the show keeps that rate...

ehh...not really? Im not exactly sure how that scene could look rapey tbh.

unpopular opinion: Lena Headey was great in tonight's episode imo

Ehh again, not really? Headey's acting was never a question of quality. Its how her character is written. Shes almost always good as an actress.

I have the feeling that the Tyene scene with Bronn could have ended up with some rapey connotations.... this thread should change its name to Rant and Rave about Rapercussion if the show keeps that rate...

Haha. Probably the one thing that would get this thread locked faster than it usually is.

unpopular opinion: Lena Headey was great in tonight's episode imo

I somewhat disagree. I think she's a good actress, but in these scenes I felt she was giving the same performance over and over again. Like, she has this bemused smile on her face and an arched eyebrow and then she just says all of her lines really quietly. It's not a bad characterization, but I get tired of it. What I do enjoy are the moments she lets that drop and becomes really angry. I feel that's where she shines, but that there have been far too few of those moments this season. I think she could have done the overwhelming paranoia from AFFC really well, but what they gave her to do was much less interesting.

ummm you would think if the red witch was going to ask Stannis to burn his daughter she could at least finish the last promise she made him

AND KILL BALON

or perhaps Stannis could have mentioned that as a reason not to burn his daughter

The only thing that really distrubed me was that bullshit line of Littlefinger claming Lancel as his gift (only way I can explain this line is if he's trying to make Olenna believe he's behind Cersei's arrest to get into her good graces, when in fact he has absolutely no part in it).

I HAVE THE RAVE, HOORAY...

The magnificent acting by Jonathan Pryce deserves a special shout-out and for the first time this year, I have something to rave.

And now back to the usual rant...

1. Olenna's IQ must have dropped 50 percent during her stay in Highgarden.

2. I will just say it... Dorne. Tyene is apparently worse than Darkstar. The level of idiocy in that scene is completely beyond understanding.

3. LF's schemes... Again, talking and talking...

4. Sansa... We knew where it will go, and they have not failed us.

5. Natalie Dormer was really bad tonight.

ummm you would think if the red witch was going to ask Stannis to burn his daughter she could at least finish the last promise she made him

AND KILL BALON

or perhaps Stannis could have mentioned that as a reason not to burn his daughter

D&D have a thing against Balons. First Balon Greyjoy disappears and then Balon Swann does (I guess he could be one of those anonymous Kingsguards.)

hmmm but i felt like she was pretty close to book cersei in tonight's episode??? even the tommen scene is very close from a scene in AFFC. its a scene where cersei goes to tommen and starts crying thinking that he's safe now

I think there are moments in a lot of the episodes where she touches on aspects of book Cersei, but they are almost always some of the relatively few moments where Cersei is being sympathetic. I don't think they've captured 1% of AFFC Cersei's paranoia or anger.

I think there are moments in a lot of the episodes where she touches on aspects of book Cersei, but they are almost always some of the relatively few moments where Cersei is being sympathetic. I don't think they've captured 1% of AFFC Cersei's paranoia or anger.

i guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree here because cersei has sympathetic moments in the books too imo. i agree though, i wish they had let cersei be angrier this season. when cersei went ballistic near the end and threatened the septas, lena was at her strongest and really shined

Seems like the writers are hesitate to take quotes/ideas straight from the books because they don't want to play second fiddle.

They should have just done the Davos/Manderly/Rickon "The North Remembers" story. This old lady saying "you still have friends in the North" is a big let down.

Archived