What are you drinking in this weather?

Fragile Bird

After Pretty Things, these guys are my (pretty close) second favorite local brewery. Barring the inevitable heat snow-death of the universe, we should make that happen for Boskone. They are like 2, 3 blocks from the Westin.

I am currently celebrating with Wakerobin, a red rye farmhouse ale. Cha-chang!

Trillium envy. I've tried a saison and an IPA of theirs. Would love to try more.

Thursday night I tried one of the two casks of Weird Beard's Tsujigiri in existence. WOW. It works really well on cask. It's zesty, dry and floral and those flavours don't drop off quickly as often happens with cask beers. This is a perfect summer beer. It's a truly multidimensional beer. Hats off to the guy who designed and brewed it (who is gently snoring away next to me right now). :)

After Pretty Things, these guys are my (pretty close) second favorite local brewery. Barring the inevitable heat snow-death of the universe, we should make that happen for Boskone. They are like 2, 3 blocks from the Westin.

Totally! I actually found out about Trillium by looking on Google Maps to see what there was in the area around the Westin.

i am expanding my home cocktail making repertoire. we owned a lot of lemons. when life gives you lemons you make a corpse reviver number 2.

it is pretty good. another dash of herb saint (my absinthe substitute) next time would bring it up a notch.

as we also have a lot of vodka i see some manner of lemon/vodka cocktail next.

Love me a Silver Bullet. Had three in a row on Friday. <3

Yesterday I managed to track down Magic Rock's Big Top (a double red IPA). It's my favourite beer of theirs and I look forward to seeing it more often once they get going in their new brewhouse as it's previously only been brewed in winter.

Archived