What are you drinking in this weather?

Fragile Bird

Lily:

Mary's.

Go there for a tall boy pbr, double Jameson and a lap dance.

Excellent suggestion.  Entertaining a ladyfriend this weekend and she will love that.

Awesome, I'm gonna be in Portland in like 10 days, will make time to check these out as well

I'LL STILL BE HERE!  

Shandy, or radler, as we prefer to call it here, but only with exact proportions of 63 percent of carbonated lemonade or grapefruit juice and 37 percent of beer (which makes it only 1,9 percent vol. alcoholic beverage - I can drink two 0,5 liter bottles and still drive).

I managed to scavenge a Manhattan out of things in my kitchen.  Had some fresh cherries in the fridge and was going to try to use them as garnish for some sort of on the fly gin concoction.  (Was thinking the cherry flavor might cut the licorice flavor I don't like from that bottle of Aviation I still have kicking around thanks to Ron Moore's podcast rec from years back.)  

Then I saw the unboxed bottle of Chivas from my aunt's friend's dad Butch, who very close readers of this thread may recall.  Butch loved his Scotch, and after he passed, when his daughter asked her friends who would appreciate some of his bottles, I got several.  (Don't recall if it was in the Leonard Nimoy or Terry Pratchett RIP threads, but in one of those, I toasted with Glenfiddich Solera, thanks to Butch.)

So the Manhattan came out pretty good, too peaty, but considered what I had to work with, plenty enjoyable.

I next tried the gin concoction, cutting it with Cranberry Lime seltzer, and I still taste the fucking licorice.  I think that's my second least favorite flavor after capers that seem to be popular generally.

Also, does anyone have any decent techniques for squeezing the pits out of cherries without spraying anywhere because my kitchen looks like a crime scene.

Grapefruit Sculpin.

Excellent beer. Have you had the habanero? I haven't been able to get my hands on it here but I desperately want to, as I love a good chili beer (although it's REALLY hard to find one even remotely spicy)

I'm drinking dale's pale ale... always come back to this one thinking I'll like it but it just seems meh every time :<

Excellent beer. Have you had the habanero? I haven't been able to get my hands on it here but I desperately want to, as I love a good chili beer (although it's REALLY hard to find one even remotely spicy)

I'm drinking dale's pale ale... always come back to this one thinking I'll like it but it just seems meh every time :<

I live in the town it is made in. Used to hate Dales because it was too hoppy. Now I like hoppier drinks so I tried it again the other day. Still hate it.

Oscar Blues does make one of the few pils I enjoy though so the whole brewery isn't a waste, I just have not figured out how they got so huge.

I live in the town it is made in. Used to hate Dales because it was too hoppy. Now I like hoppier drinks so I tried it again the other day. Still hate it.

Oscar Blues does make one of the few pils I enjoy though so the whole brewery isn't a waste, I just have not figured out how they got so huge.

There's a few beers I really like by them - old chub scotch ale and ted fiddy imperial stout to name a few (although fiddy is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced). But yeah, the pale ale just seems completely unbalanced to me. and i LOVE hop bomp IIPAs.

I've never tried a pilsner I've liked. maybe i should give old momma's (or whatever it's called) a chance

I had their habanero IPA at a beer fest last year.  It was excellent.  Hoppy and spicy...refreshing with a bit of kick.  I had three or four samples, but never saw it again.

I don't know all the whiskies I had last night, but they sure are kicking my butt this morning :)  I know there was Laphroaig, Coal Ila, Aberlour... ufta lots of good stuff.

What am I drinking in this weather?  This exact weather?  Just had a Lagunita's Sucks with breakfast, because it makes me feel like part of the night's watch.  

Oh, and because it's delicious!

I used to love that beer, but this year it seems like it doesn't taste as vibrant, something seems a little off, and I'm not sure if there was a change in the flavor or if I'm just losing my taste for it. 

Archived