What are you drinking in this weather?

Fragile Bird

hmmm, we have half a bottle of Sazerac in the beer cupboard which needs to be consumed. And we always have limes and ginger. I'll set my minion to making some syrup, I guess.

hmmm, we have half a bottle of Sazerac in the beer cupboard which needs to be consumed. And we always have limes and ginger. I'll set my minion to making some syrup, I guess.

Go minion!

2 oz rye, 1 oz lime juice, 3/4 oz syrup, shake strain, a dash of bitters if you like

I've been drinking something.very similar, but with Brown sugar muddled with the bitters instead of syrup, and on the rocks. Friends wife was making them Saturday night and I fell in love.

With the friends wife or the drink? ;)

Lots of beer. It is baseball season and beer is a simple portable thirst quencher for after games.

Water. And some Dutch white wine. A bit cider-like in fruitiness and nice.

(which reminds me of the Chef! episode featuring a cooking competition in France and Vin Anglais!?)

why is london so unbearable when it's over 25 degrees? it forces you into embracing alcoholism.

I saw a lot of amateurish drinking yesterday. It was only a bit warm (it wasn't even over 30 degrees last night!). Talk about peaking too soon. If you want to use the heat as an excuse you need to wait until it's properly hot. Pffft.

I have abstained for two days. I have to go to leaving drinks tonight which will inevitably involve shitty beer or shitty wine. URGH. I'll make up for it with my last can of Bloody 'Ell when I get home. <3

Archived