Watch, Watched, Watching: Witness Me!

Nictarion

I just finished watching Terminator 2. I didn't like T2 when I saw it for the first time, but after seeing so many glowing reviews of the film, I thought it was high time to give it another chance. Just in case I hadn't been in the mood when I watched it that first time. Guess I wasn't wrong after all, that movie is so dreadfully boring. It's also pretty dated, but again the worst thing is definitely the fact that it just bores the crap out of me. The first Terminator is so much better. At least there is some actual suspense there and no stupid child actors to take up screen time.

I just finished watching Terminator 2. I didn't like T2 when I saw it for the first time, but after seeing so many glowing reviews of the film, I thought it was high time to give it another chance. Just in case I hadn't been in the mood when I watched it that first time. Guess I wasn't wrong after all, that movie is so dreadfully boring. It's also pretty dated, but again the worst thing is definitely the fact that it just bores the crap out of me. The first Terminator is so much better. At least there is some actual suspense there and no stupid child actors to take up screen time.

You're a monster.

T1 may be better but T2 holds up way better on re watches. T1 just feels so dated.

You are an enigma to me. Sometimes I agree with what you say, and then other times I think you just have to be trolling. It's like you have no consistency with what you do or do not like.

It's as if you enjoy going against the grain just to go against it.

I just can't figure you out.

But then again, I do the same sometimes. I guess it just comes down to a matter of taste.

I do enjoy reading your posts and maybe it's just my love of T2 that made me have to go and say something.

No hard feelings, it's just that not liking T2 is loco crazy in my book.

Saw The Dictator yesterday. What a turd. The beginning was kind of okay, but the rest was so terribly unfunny. The girl from Scary Movie can't act at all and I felt vicarious shame for Ben Kingsley. Poor guy, to get dragged into this trainwreck.

It's the best action movie of all time.

Fury Road, The Raid, Die Hard, Fast Five, Desperado, The Road Warrior, Kill Bill, Robocop (original), Die Hard: With a Vengeance, John Wick, First Blood, Aliens, T1, Predator, etc. don't exist in your universe or what? :p

T1 may be better but T2 holds up way better on re watches. T1 just feels so dated.

Lol, T1 feels much like it's better preserved than T2 imo. An advantage of T1's smaller scale, greater suspense and the fact that T1 doesn't rely on effects as much as T2 does.

You're a monster.

Never have I been thus insulted :p I'd like to make it clear throughout the board that I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, whatever Ramsay Blow tries to insinuate :p

You are an enigma to me.
I just can't figure you out.

That's the way I like it :p Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee and all that jazz.

Been continuing my recent horror binge with Oculus. Holy crap, that was tense. The editing, score and acting all combined really well to create this really disturbing atmosphere. Confusing at times but it always felt intentional, like the audience's confusion was a direct allusion to the characters' psychosis.

I caught that the other day on TV and was pretty impressed and suitably disturbed.

I just finished watching Terminator 2. I didn't like T2 when I saw it for the first time, but after seeing so many glowing reviews of the film, I thought it was high time to give it another chance. Just in case I hadn't been in the mood when I watched it that first time. Guess I wasn't wrong after all, that movie is so dreadfully boring. It's also pretty dated, but again the worst thing is definitely the fact that it just bores the crap out of me. The first Terminator is so much better. At least there is some actual suspense there and no stupid child actors to take up screen time

I agree with you. I've always been in the minority of not thinking T2 was great. I never disliked it, but it's always been my least favorite of the Terminator movies, with the original being my favorite.

I find T2 a bit boring and overly long and dated as well.

With the first Terminator, I never see it as dated in a negative way but rather I see everything about it serving the story. The effects and music just add to the flavor of the movie, whenever I watch it I feel "this is 1984" and I'm pulled into the film. In that way I think it holds up great.

T2 looks nice compared to the other film but after the asylum breakout I just feel unengaged and waiting for the movie to end for the rest.

The other Terminator movies have many, many flaws, but I always find a bit more meat in the stories that are at least satisfying to watch.

Continuing on with Vikings. Just watched the first episode of Season 2. Ragnar, ugh. Was waiting for Lagertha to slap him across the head. Also, Rollo bugs the hell out of me and I can't believe he was let off so easily.

I agree with you. I've always been in the minority of not thinking T2 was great.

:cheers:

I never disliked it, but it's always been my least favorite of the Terminator movies, with the original being my favorite.

I definitely agree with the bolded part. T1 is the only great Terminator film and therefore it is also my favourite. I would not necessarily agree with the rest of the quote though :) I don't like T2, but T3 was even worse imo. It's been a while since IV, but I remember thinking that it wasn't very good at the time I saw it.

With the first Terminator, I never see it as dated in a negative way but rather I see everything about it serving the story. The effects and music just add to the flavor of the movie, whenever I watch it I feel "this is 1984" and I'm pulled into the film. In that way I think it holds up great.

Yeah, I like that way of looking at it. The places where T1 shows its age just add to the film's character :)

T2 looks nice compared to the other film but after the asylum breakout I just feel unengaged and waiting for the movie to end for the rest..

Yeah, I think the film lost me a bit before that with this scene. If that's supposed to be the leader of the human resistance, I'm throwing in my lot with the machines.

After the asylum it definitely gets even worse though.

Yeah, I think the film lost me a bit before that with this scene. If that's supposed to be the leader of the human resistance, I'm throwing in my lot with the machines.

After the asylum it definitely gets even worse though.

That scene definitely made me not like that kid. But the asylum breakout was the high point of the movie for me. It was just a great part. Whatever damage that scene does, the asylum scene brings me back into the movie, but after that the movie just feels tedious and I'm waiting for it to end.

T3 and Salvation have a great many problems, especially T3 - I think Salvation is really underrated and was heavily harmed by a spoiler laden trailer, glad they learned their lesson there! :rollseyes:

But still with all their problems, I have more fun watching 3 & 4 than I do with 2, so that's why I say I like them better.

You all should really be watching Humans on AMC, it's got pretty much every robot cliché in the book, but it's really well done.

I've heard that. I'm going to end up binging this. Already decided after the reviews came in.

Fury Road, The Raid, Die Hard, Fast Five, Desperado, The Road Warrior, Kill Bill, Robocop (original), Die Hard: With a Vengeance, John Wick, First Blood, Aliens, T1, Predator, etc. don't exist in your universe or what? :p

Predator! You've redeemed yourself, my friend.

I took my 6 year old niece to see Inside Out the other day and came away pretty impressed, Pixar really delivered with this one. Once again they walk the perfect line of having plenty for the kids, of course, while dealing with a more complex story for us older folk. Such a witty film, highly recommend.

I'm watching Humans week to week and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I like it more than Mr. Robot, but I'm wondering if that has more to do that for some reason I can fast forward through the commercials on Humans but not Mr. Robot. The commercials bother me more during this show than they ever have before.

4 episodes into Battlestar Galactica (I want to race through it as I'm REALLY enjoying it but my fucking internet is disgustingly slow and it's taking me about 3 hours to watch 1 fucking ep :( )

I am already SHIPPING THE HELL OUT OF HALF OF THE CHARACTERS

aaahh man sometimes it's so fun to be a crazy shipper fan girl for a TV show I love it

Archived