"You can swear your allegiance to me or die"

Candor

could jamie be replacing quentyn and be sent over to dany to bring up the secret pact?

i don't think so i think he will go back and then split KL to find brienne...probably following his learning of cersei screwing lancel

I dunno, this episode just makes the Dorne plot even more pointless. All that build up for... nothing really. A few good detours along the way doesn't change the fact that it was a trip to no where basically. Trystane and Myrcella could've just returned on their own if the goal was to get them back in KL.

I loved Dorne this week. I clearly don't have the hate-on for all things show!Dorne that many others do. That killer brunch setting may have had something to do with it: I also thought the moments between Doran/everybody and Jaime/Ellaria were fantastic.

They got me with that preview lol. It didn't quite seem right for it to be Jamie on the receiving end of that statement.

Anyway, Dorne sucks. EVERYTHING about it is childish. Like the "one condition" being Hotah elbowing Bronn.

Dorne is pointless. They should've kept the setting a mystery.

I dunno, this episode just makes the Dorne plot even more pointless. All that build up for... nothing really. A few good detours along the way doesn't change the fact that it was a trip to no where basically. Trystane and Myrcella could've just returned on their own if the goal was to get them back in KL.

I agree to an extent, but I think the point was to delay his plot to have his Riverlands story next season. Once they made that decision they had to give Jaime something in between. Though they could've done a better job of it.

I agree to an extent, but I think the point was to delay his plot to have his Riverlands story next season. Once they made that decision they had to give Jaime something in between. Though they could've done a better job of it.

It's going to be really messy. Everything is going to be out of sync.

I thought they would just abandon the whole Jaime in Riverlands storyline.

I loved Dorne this week. I clearly don't have the hate-on for all things show!Dorne that many others do. That killer brunch setting may have had something to do with it: I also thought the moments between Doran/everybody and Jaime/Ellaria were fantastic.

Doran was good this episode. I just hope the final episode reveals something... anything about his plan. It would help make up for the terrible Dorne arc in the show so far.

Doran was good this episode. I just hope the final episode reveals something... anything about his plan. It would help make up for the terrible Dorne arc in the show so far.

Oh I don't deny Doran was good. Being a DS9 fan, I think Siddig's done a great job with the role. Just this whole season of Jaime and Bronn vs the Sand Snakes to rescue/kill Myrcella respectively ending with Doran going "you can have her back" and basically playing peacemaker between the two groups isn't exactly dramatic and when you have limited screen time you have to ask why. Sure they had to get Jaime out of King's Landing, but a season of Jaime and Bronn against the Blackfish would've been awesome stuff.

Doran's "perhaps some soup" line was hilarious though, my one lol in an otherwise dramatic and tragic episode. I do wonder if Bronn's being set up to betray Jaime in favor of the Sand Snakes and pull a Darkstar. That might bring some plot change from the status quo in this, but... I dunno.

Dorne was completely useless, the riverlands from the books were far more superior to this complete waste of screen time.

Dorne has hit a brick wall but the Riverlands was even worse. It was just some filler bullshit to get Jaime to Stoneheart, which, since she's being cut, would make the whole thing even more pointless in the show.

Dorne had some good points this episode, Doran being the main highlight. But overall I just can't say it was a good change storywise. It lacked a lot of depth and most of the plots twists were simplistic and corny.

While it was nice that Dorne actually got a few scenes this episode, it made things rather pointless. The necklace in the viper gift was given the most predictable resolution. Ellaria just decided to get smart and see Jaime and Myrcella's innocence. The Sand Snakes get no input on the matter of giving up on revenge for their father. Nymeria's gets no positive characterisation in her first real scene. There's no reason Trystane and Myrcella aren't married already. Dorne going to war has not been set up.

And yes, maybe they'll do that next episode. But next episode Winterfell and King's Landing will be back in a big way, in addition to the Wall (long scenes needed there), and Meereen and Daenerys and Braavos. Dorne will be the last and least in terms of screentime in that episode. If there are any revelation left, Doran'll have to spit them out in one minute conversations.

Oh I don't deny Doran was good. Being a DS9 fan, I think Siddig's done a great job with the role. Just this whole season of Jaime and Bronn vs the Sand Snakes to rescue/kill Myrcella respectively ending with Doran going "you can have her back" and basically playing peacemaker between the two groups isn't exactly dramatic and when you have limited screen time you have to ask why. Sure they had to get Jaime out of King's Landing, but a season of Jaime and Bronn against the Blackfish would've been awesome stuff.

Doran's "perhaps some soup" line was hilarious though, my one lol in an otherwise dramatic and tragic episode. I do wonder if Bronn's being set up to betray Jaime in favor of the Sand Snakes and pull a Darkstar. That might bring some plot change from the status quo in this, but... I dunno.

The limited screentime is exactly what killed the whole Dornish arc. Everything from plots, to characters, and actions all seem rushed, condensed, and cut leading to pointless waste.

They sacrificed Jaime's entire emotional character arc for a field trip to a school of Pedro Pascal impersonators.

I admit I laughed at this one. :lol:

Unless Prince Doran announces his intentions to side with Dany, FAegon or somebody for the Iron Throne, Dorne will have been a whole waste of time this season.

I could get behind that, given what we saw last night. Doran is actually a rare creature in this series...a leader of wisdom, justice, and compassion.

Not like some other leaders I won't name, who will literally sacrifice anything to get what they want.

Dorne is bad because it is so far soulless and pointless. Arianne´s unsecurity about her position and Doran's trouble with her and with Sand Snakes was the emotional heart of Dornish storyline in the books and both things were cut or not there yet. Instead everything in Dorne was twisted to fit Ellaria increased role and Jaime´s mission, that was by the way extremely stupid on all levels.

There is only one way how to redeem this storyline in the finale. Let SS confront Doran with them throwing all insults they can for his cowardliness and than let Doran reveal his real plan to them. The plan that make sense that is.

I am sceptical they can pull it through after all butchery of this storyline. Even in this episode they decided to send Trystane to KL to sit in the Council.....I am sure that what everyone wanted......That boyband member usurped Arianne´s position first and now even Nym´s role.

i think we are going to see more dorne next week and maybe some expanded varys bolt action. (tommen)

Archived