Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 2 (Book Spoilers)

By the way I don't remember what Maggie the frog tells Cersei on the show, but in the books she tells her that all 3 of her kids will die after they have been crowned. Did they change Maggie's prophesy on the show? Myrcella died before she was crowned on the show.

I'm fairly sure show Maggy does say 'gold will be their crowns, and gold their shrouds'.

But could be totally wrong, the show is too forgettable.

Jaquen III in a nice black outfit is much better than II in the desert storm surplus. Yes.

Here's the thing, we are not supposed to make sense of it. She's a badass ninja revenge assassin rule breakin badass killin I do what I want badass hero. Lots of faces are cool. The end. Jaqen is hot. We got another one. Killing II was dramatic. But, he's hot. So we got III, and thank the lord, he's in a better outfit. Now she's blind. Drama. Whatever. Bad pussy.

LOLOLOL I'm just hoping I have more fun with Jaqen The Third. That JQII was a real downer, ya know.

Really, enjoy the ever returning Jaqen......it's not like they all answer any of the issues.

That's actually how I feel, I don't have the energy to rant because this show doesn't 'reach' me emotionally. I am hopeful that TWOW will be out soon, or should I say, that GRRM is motivated and working toward completion of the next book, and info will come. I do worry I'm too nosy and won't be able to resist watching some of the show next year, but I expect to be confused as hell about what is and isnt' spoiler. Hell, I spent most of this preseason becoming more and more certain that the show would be fanfic and not spoilerific. I do hope that we have more than hope, though. I want a book or word of a book by the time next season's mess is on. I have to stop calling the show a hot mess, cause it's not a hot mess, it's gods awful boring mess, actually.

I really hope we have a publication date at the very least. GRRM owes us that much after all the things Dingus & Doofus have put us through. I normally never really had a problem with not knowing when it would come out, but now my patience has really run to thin. I'm just tired of the butchering of a great story, the insane popularity of this subpar thrash with the crowds and D&D soiling the reputation of the books by constantly rubbing up to GRRM in their idiotic "Inside the Episode" (subtitle: "Just Add More Rape") videos.

I have hated on other adaptations before, but never like this. When I talk about this show, I feel like Septon Meribald when he talks about war. Such a waste of potential.

I'm fairly sure show Maggy does say 'gold will be their crowns, and gold their shrouds'.

But could be totally wrong, the show is too forgettable.

To be fair, I always assumed the "gold will be their crowns and shrouds" doesn't mean a coronation but the fact they're blondes will be their dooms, as they are passed as Baratheon (to be crowned) but they are actually Lannisters (their shrouds) and many want them dead or gone.

It's a good thing Shakespeare didn't have to deal with show runners.

Even though television wasn't around back then, there were still hacks like D&D back in those days. Just look at what Nahum Tate did to King Lear.

Myranda = probably more screen time this season than Reek (and certainly more than Roose or anyone else in the entire North besides Ramsay and Sansa).

Ollie = more screen time than the entire NW besides Jon and Sam.

Olyvar (or whatever his name is - male version of Ros) = more screen time than anyone on Cersei's Very Small Council.

Thank the gods we have D&D's fascinating original characters.

LOLOLOL I'm just hoping I have more fun with Jaqen The Third. That JQII was a real downer, ya know.

Really, enjoy the ever returning Jaqen......it's not like they all answer any of the issues.

Yeah, good riddance to Jaqen II. That was clever, but I could have lost II mid season and gotten III back. That fucking outfit is almost as bad as Sansa in the feathers and the necklace. Did I mention that costume designer needs a walk of shame down broadway forced to wear all of her worst creations for GOT? And be driven out of the costume union if there is such a thing?

Also now another jaqen can pop up in Oldtown if need be and it won't matter, cause there is a neverending supply of them.

Wasn't he dead by then?

Well yeah, SH died 46 years before Tate was even born, but the point was that even back in the days there were bastards who chose to shat on a great peace of literature in order to pander to the masses.

Preston Jacob's Episode 10 Review

I mean, it's pretty funny how he still seems to cling to BS such as Daario = Euron, but his points about the shows inconsistencies and plot holes are pretty spot-on and hilarious.

I'm still waiting to see if GRRM responds on his blog about the finale. There is still a question waiting to be answered:

"Hey don't forget about the Son of Kong while you're at it! Also any thoughts about the finale?" (Link)

I'm also looking forward to Miodrag's review over here. Tomorrow, I hope. I need some closure on this clusterfuck of a season.

I have to admit, I get a kick of GRRM ignoring all the GOT internet hoohaa, and concentrating on the Puppy Drama, LOL

Well, let's talk about this: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/game-of-thrones-finale-cliffhangers

Stannis is definitely dead (no shock there), but as for why we didn't see the death, Director David Nutter said "It would have been gratuitous. You really got a sense that Stannis had nothing else to live for. Brienne’s lifelong mission had come to an end. It’s a situation in which Stannis was ready to die and prepared to die."

:bang:

Eh. I'm kind of relieved at this, actually. ShowStannis (Satannis) deserved his ignominious fate, and for the sake of BookStannis I'm glad they put the character out of his misery.

They still had golden "crowns," as in synonym for their heads (hair color). I always viewed it that way because hair color was such a sticking point in AGOT.

This is OT but just something I've been thinking about. There IS an emphasis on hair color and the seed being "strong." That said, is it ever explained why some Stark kids are more Tully and others Stark?

I really hope we have a publication date at the very least. GRRM owes us that much after all the things Dingus & Doofus have put us through. I normally never really had a problem with not knowing when it would come out, but now my patience has really run to thin. I'm just tired of the butchering of a great story, the insane popularity of this subpar thrash with the crowds and D&D soiling the reputation of the books by constantly rubbing up to GRRM in their idiotic "Inside the Episode" (subtitle: "Just Add More Rape") videos.

I have hated on other adaptations before, but never like this. When I talk about this show, I feel like Septon Meribald when he talks about war. Such a waste of potential.

You know I had read the iZombie comic books (only the first two volumes because life got in the way) and I was excited about the tv show. The tv show was entirely different than the books (like every single detail) but it didn't bother me one bit because at least they were honest about it. Game of Thrones began as a faithful adaptation and it turned into fan fiction because "wouldn't it be awesome if Sansa went to Winterfell or if we introduced this kid named Olly or if Tyene says bad pussy?"

I feel cheated.

Archived