Which Theory Would You Be Most Satistfied To Learn To Be False?

Pretty much every theory that has come out since TWOIAF was released.

:agree: Great book, but it opened the floodgates for some wild stuff.

Cleganebowl, Euron=Everyone, Theon Durden, and most anything that has a need to put an "un" before someones name.

Oh and the Bolt-on, though I find it amusing.

:agree:

Whenever you try to suggest anything going ever so slightly against the perfect fairy tale that so many people have imagined, they get cocky, and sometimes obnoxious. I used to like RLJ, but now I'm starting to think about how satisfying it would be to see it proven wrong.

FWIW I am pretty certain it is false and the only reason it has survived is because of obnoxious bullying tactics by a handful of fanatics.

Point out the obvious fact that Jon has a major problem with being a bastard, that polygamous marriage isn't recognized in Westeros and that these mean R+L=J has no impact on Jon's situation and you get a barrage of nastiness.

Queen Nastypants comes to tell you to read every post in the billion post R+L thread or a miserable worm like yourself isn't allowed to have an opinion. It is obviously just your abject ignorance and innate stupidity that would cause you to doubt the true faith. And someone who is doing a PHD in FUCKING HISTORY at Regents University tells you that every British King was actually a bastard and that you are incredibly ignorant for disputing the fact. Then another gobshite will poke holes in your alternative explanation asking why Lyanna would marry Robert when she is already married to Rheagar which makes absolutely no sense because you never suggested Lyanna did any such thing.

And then after they spend 50 posts gaslighting you, they will report the thread to the moderators to get it locked. Because deep down these are spiteful people who have to stamp out all contrary opinion.

There isn't actually any real evidence in the books to rule out either Robert+Lyanna = J or R+E = J. Both work but the second one explains the ToJ, Ashara and lots more.

There is one passage in book five by a character called Jon Im'gonna-CON-you that suggest that someone he doesn't name said that someone told him that there was a rumor maybe Elia couldn't have a third child. There is the fact that Jon looks Stark to be explained. But neither is really any problem in a book where a witch squirts shadowbaby assassins out of her vajayjay.

Jon being the bastard of anyone other than Ned would simply destroy him without any gain. There is nobody Jon admires as much as Ned. So how come anyone thinks R+L=J would cause Jon to think better of himself?

I would like A+J=T to turn out to be false because then Gendry has to return. He is the only other named character with Targarean blood. But I don't think the explanation will turn out to be rape, rather I think that Tywin is actually infertile and the irony is that the man who is fanatical about perpetuating his family line was actually perpetuating Aerys with Joanna's willing help.

Queen Nastypants comes to tell you to read every post in the billion post R+L thread or a miserable worm like yourself isn't allowed to have an opinion. It is obviously just your abject ignorance and innate stupidity that would cause you to doubt the true faith. And someone who is doing a PHD in FUCKING HISTORY at Regents University tells you that every British King was actually a bastard and that you are incredibly ignorant for disputing the fact. Then another gobshite will poke holes in your alternative explanation asking why Lyanna would marry Robert when she is already married to Rheagar which makes absolutely no sense because you never suggested Lyanna did any such thing.

First, I never said you were ignorant. Second, I did not say bastard but "bastard" or rather unconventional path/line to the throne which is what most historians agree on. And what is with this Regents University stuff?

Third. Aegon had two wives, so polygamous marriages did happen.

The rest is for a different thread. But if you are going to call people out, at least try and honor what they say by getting it correct. For the record, I don't report people to the mods, so....

@Night's Queen

Sorry I missed Lemongate, WTF is that all about? I avoid threads with lemon trees or lemon cakes.

GNC, Seriously if the north were to fuck stannis over after all his effort to liberate the north, why would anyone aid the northern lords when the others attack? If GNC happens the north will be the most treacherous region by a large margin.

That's not to say the north will agree with everything stannis asks of them, they will probably resist going south for the time being and stannis might have to accept that.

"Lemongate" is hilarious.

GRRM wouldn't go out of his way to tell us tree don't grow in Braavos for nothing.

I think we need more theories with "gate" in them.

That is not what the books say. Trees grow in Braavos. Read better.

Anyone who doesn't realize Bran is going to be extremely important hasn't been paying attention.

:agree:

^This.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if she never even makes it to Westeros, but dies having never set foot there :P

It'd be tragically ironic.

Dany has been confirmed to come to Westeros

Yeah really, I read under the impression all POV characters are important in one form or another.

same here.

Oh I wasn't doubting you, and I have seen posts about people not liking Bran, but I don't believe I have seen the argument about him being unimportant to the overall story. I was just curious.

People often put a lot of importance on Jon being the ultimate hero that saves the day. By doing so they are being very dismissive of not only Bran, but also Arya, Sansa, Dany, Theon, Jaime, Davos, Samwell and all the hundreds of other characters we have been introduced to over the series.

R + L = J

I get that there are a lot of clues pointing in that direction, but I would really like it if Jon is just Jon, Ned's bastard, or maybe Lyanna's, but not by Rhaegar (Didn't she use to go horse-riding with Domeric Bolton? :rolleyes:)

Crakpottery aside, it would annoy me if Ned actually was so picture-perfect to not have fathered a bastard. I think that Jon's existence as Ned's child paints a more nuanced picture of him instead of him being some what bland and your typical duty-focused second son. It shows that Ned once had a life/love of his own before taking over Brandon's entire life and future..

But I don't get my hopes too high, and the story is still phenomenal. This is just my personal view, and for the rest of the theories out there: Well they actually don't bother me that much ^_^

So keep up the good work GRRM, and please publish WoW soon :read:

Most theories. As much as a lot of theories appeal to me, I'd prefer if nothing major was predicted by anyone. Of course, with the amount of theories out there, it's extremely likely that many will be true.

But more specifically, if Jon's parents are revealed to be anyone other than Rhaegar and Lyanna I will be overwhelmed with joy. Just because it would be hilarious if 90% of fans were proven wrong about something they were 100% sure about.

Oh I wasn't doubting you, and I have seen posts about people not liking Bran, but I don't believe I have seen the argument about him being unimportant to the overall story. I was just curious.

The majority of "endgame" theories/speculation/discussion seem to focus on Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and maybe one or two others. They seldom mention Bran at all

Fuck A+J=T.

I saw this thing about A+J=J+C on reddit however, that I'm unsure about.

I'd like to believe Cleganebowl (GET HYPE) but I'm unsure about it actually happening. The show must've included Frankengregor for some good reason (then again, they recasted the Lord O' Bones for like a two minute scene :P)

First, I never said you were ignorant. Second, I did not say bastard but "bastard" or rather unconventional path/line to the throne which is what most historians agree on. And what is with this Regents University stuff?

No actually you did and not just me. I took a look at your other posts and you are consistently bullying and derisive.

You are also flat wrong about the bastardy thing because absolutely the only reason a change in Jon's parentage would make any sense in the book is if the issue that had made Jon feel inferior was removed.

Regents University offers 'faith based' education which means that they ignore all facts that contradict their prejudices. Among their more notorious alumni was Monica Goodling the person who thought she had sworn an oath of loyalty to the President rather than the constitution and didn't comprehend the fact that the law applied to her.

If R+L=J is not true i call bs on all the times grrm said the fans figured out an important plot on the early days of forums like this but he wasnt changing the plot just because we figured it out. If its not true he changed his mind and his story.

I hope clegane bowl does not happen i dont want to see sandor get killed by his unstopable reanimated corpse brother.

He didn't say which fans or which plot point.

And he might have introduced JonCon in book 5 just to muddy the waters.

Call me a cynic, but all of those wanting RLJ to be false seem to be asking for a disjointed story that is essentially built on a bucket of lies and dead ends.

Martin just sort of pops out of the marshes with a "Jon is the son of Ned and a fishwife" and none of the hints, etc mattered for anything but space filler and to make you little shits going mentally nuts.....

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I don't agree with that. Would it make Jon's storyline. seem a little disjointed? Probably. But Dany's, Tyrion's, Stannis', Arya's, Sansa's? No. Whether or not he stays a Stark does nothing for their storylines.

Archived