Which Theory Would You Be Most Satistfied To Learn To Be False?

So you just came on this thread so you could bitch about trash dany

Good catch! And I bet I am the only one who dared to use her own likes and dislikes in the answer.

I will not play anymore if you guys keep finding me out.

A+J=anyone. GRRM can kill all the characters, or solve every single conflict with fairy magic and the power of love, or introduce aliens for all that I care, just as long as all of Joanna's children are Tywin's. There are no words for how much I don't want those theories to come true.

Good catch! And I bet I am the only one who dared to use her own likes and dislikes in the answer.

Wasn't exactly a 'theory' though. It was just you saying you want her to die, which is fine, but not related to this thread.

Wasn't exactly a 'theory' though. It was just you saying you want her to die, which is fine, but not related to this thread.

Oh I have listened/read a few theories here and there with her saving the day against the Others with her dragons and so on, with a side of Azor Ahai/prince that was promised etc.

To say that I disliked those theories/hopes should be in the dictionary of synonyms for "understatement"...

Such a dislike is unusual for me actually, but she just rubs me the wrong way, and it wasn't like that at the beginning. Probably I should re-read trying to figure out exactly where/when the tide turned, but again I am pretty mild on Tyrion too and he is such a favourite by all. Maybe it's just me being strange as usual. :eek:

That the PW was

(1) Cersei who did the poisoning, but blocks it out of her memory cause of the PTSD from Joffrey dying

(2) that it was the pie that was poisoned

(3) that the target was Tyrion

LemonGate

Most things Ragnarok

Theon Durden (though I don't dislike or really discount that one nearly as much as the others, just would rather it not be true)

Jon being "reborn" as AA during For The Watch, because of Ser Patrick, tears, smoking wound. I wouldn't be against him being reborn as AA just personally think that alignment if things to "meet" the prophecy is kind of reaching.

That the R+L=J reveal will be some gamechanging event.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's likely R+L=J and I personally hope it's true. I just don't think the reveal of it in-universe is going to be this huge event where character arcs are shifted forever after.

I feel like there are times people think that when it's revealed everything will change. Like you hear Howland Reed whisper R+L=J in his sleep and then all of the sudden all of Westeros will now bow to Jon as rightful King, the WW will think, wait R+L=J, let's stop attacking. Dany will decide to retire and live with Darioo, Drogon will hear about it and fly to Jon immediately. The Starks and Lannisters will become friends, water will be changed to wine.

Dany is AA reborn and will swoop in and save the day with her dragons after spending over half of the series across the narrow sea. Just no. I want to see a real war for humanity that is led by humans before the dragons swoop in and save the day. Let the NW, Wildlings and Northerners be remembered for their bravery, not Dany going down in the history books as the last minute saviour.

A+J= T and Tyrion will be a dragon rider. Let it remain a mystery if true please. One secret Targ is enough.

Sansa or Jon will become the QitN or KitN (they would make good regents, though). Rickon and Bran have stronger claims, stop pushing them aside to give your favourite character some power.

Ashara Dayne is alive

Benjen Stark is dead

Rhaegar did actually rape Lyanna (I'm not saying the romance is sunshine and roses but rape is a BIG no....Jon can't deal with that).

Aegon is the real deal

Robb named Catelyn his heir in his will. Putting his mothers sentiments before the fate of House Stark would have been foolish.

Robert Strong has Robb Stark's head.

Dany is AA reborn and will swoop in and save the day with her dragons after spending over half of the series across the narrow sea.

^This.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if she never even makes it to Westeros, but dies having never set foot there :P

It'd be tragically ironic.

Lemongate

Any of the Lannisters being Targs

That Elia was totally on-board with R+L

That Dany (or Jon, or anyone) is going to be the ultimate saviour of Westeros. I want Westeros to be saved by many characters, but with the game of thrones still very much playing in the background (so no 'all of humanity puts aside their differences and joins together' stuff. I know Dany and her dragons will be important in this fight, but I'd hate it if they were a silver bullet that renders the threat of the Others lesser. I'm kind of hoping to see one of the smaller dragons engulf an Other in fire, completely consuming it. And when the fire dies down, the Other stands unharmed and unfazed... and then thrusts its weapon through the dragon's skull, killing it. That would be a good moment.

Obviously the person I responded to has seen enough people say it to make a post about it.

Oh I wasn't doubting you, and I have seen posts about people not liking Bran, but I don't believe I have seen the argument about him being unimportant to the overall story. I was just curious.

Archived