Football XXXII - Start as you mean to go on

Alex.

City looked excellent tonight. Comfortably the best team from the opening weekend fixtures. Professional and sharp. Silva untouchable. Best player on the pitch by a mile

City definitely the sharpest of the top teams so far. Something lit a fire under them. And Toure and Kompany somehow reversed last season's form. That really sets up their game against Chelsea.

I'm very surprised that a Pulis team couldn't defend better than that.

City looked excellent tonight. Comfortably the best team from the opening weekend fixtures. Professional and sharp. Silva untouchable. Best player on the pitch by a mile

City did impress last night, not just with the scoreline, but with the way they controlled the match the whole time.

Sterling's finishing still leaves quite a bit to be desired, but I'd be very surprised if he'd managed to improve it significantly in a short period he's spent at City so far.

I think his team-mates are still getting used to him - he made plenty of good runs but wasn't picked out by anyone. Silva in particular seemed to *just* miss the right moment to pick him out. I'm sure the cohesiveness will come in time. Also, Arsenal aren't bottom of the table  :commie:

@Raja:

Sure, he's done some good things last night.

He had to in order to get in a great goal scoring opportunity or two.

Sterling is a very good young player, with loads of potential and a great shot at making the most of that potential.

But we will all agree that his game is not perfect and his finishing needs significant improvement.

The same applied when he was in Liverpool and necessary improvements couldn't really happen overnight.

Place called the Brewery Tap by Dalston Junction Overgrond station. It's not on Google maps. Out the station, turn left onto the main road. It's a brown frontage with the word "BAR" in gold letters across it before the tescos

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/photo-fenerbaches-mehmet-topal-shot-at-in-istanbul-after-training

Fenerbaches Mehmet Topal has had a lucky escape on Tuesday, as club officials have confirmed that the midfielders car was shot at following training.

Crazy!

The motive for the attack is not known, but Fenerbaches team bus was shot at in April while travelling from the airport in the city of Trabzon. The Turkish league was suspended for a week after that shooting incident which saw the bus driver hospitalized after he was hit in the face.

Welcome to Turkey, RVP!

Eva Carneiro getting massively demoted by banter hero and all round legend Mourinho. What a guy!!

Still no word on what he thinks of Hazard pretending to be injured in this whole situation. Surely only a matter of time though.

Eva Carneiro getting massively demoted by banter hero and all round legend Mourinho. What a guy!!

Still no word on what he thinks of Hazard pretending to be injured in this whole situation. Surely only a matter of time though.

He's already put the blame on Carneiro. Hazard gets a pass this time.

Have to blame a bad result on something, Mark Antony, and you certainly can't say the other team were better...

He also thinks there's no racism in football apparently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11140349/Jose-Mourinho-says-there-is-no-racism-in-football-as-Chelsea-prepare-for-Arsenal-showdown.html

What a great guy

Part of me wonders if this is down to Mourinho ego... I will lay a good money bet that he did not like having someone else on the bench that the fans seemed to like.

To be fair, he said that there is no racism when it comes to appointing managers in England's top 4 leagues.

The "Rooney Rule" in question is a load of crap anyway.

The Rooney Rule is used in the NFL to ensure ethnic minority candidates are adequately represented in the interview process for head coaching positions.

How would that work, exactly?

For example, Klopp decides to take up a team in the Premiership midway through the season.

Are there any minority candidates that can be serious contenders for the job?

Archived