Football XXXII - Start as you mean to go on

Alex.

Two points dropped. Scoring goals is going to be a huge problem for us this season. City would have probably put five past Newcastle today.

On the plus side, this was the best performance we have put together so far this season. Memphis looked good again.

wow! what a wonderful bit of passion from newcastle. i stand that the goal from rooney was in fact a goal. fuck it. sometimes you get good calls sometimes you don't.

the players!

krul 10/10 he made all of the saves he needed to, commanded the wall during some free kicks and looked great.

colo 10/10 curly hair was epic. he played at the top of his game today.

taylor 10/10 anytime you don't notice steven taylor on the pitch he is doing great. 

mbemba 7/10 played out of position but still looked good. his passing was often shit though.

haidara 6/10 he was unable to get up and join the attack as it just did not exist for most of the game.

anita 8/10 helped out the back line a lot who were under siege for long stretches of the game. cleared a ball off the line as well.

colback 5/10 i usually like the ginger. today his passing was awful. i was waiting for him to get subbed.

oberton 2/10 why is he a professional footballer?

wijnaldum 5/10 he never really looked like he was in the game. had a good pass or two but otherwise just a body on the pitch.

ayoze 9/10 industrious for 78 minutes. had great runs at players. just needed a goal to finish it off.

mitrovic 6/10 the big serb had that header off the post but never did anything else of note except for getting knocked down by almost every minor touch.

tiote 10/10 he didn't get a yellow card. i call it man of the match performance for him.

thauvin 5/10 could have been an instant legend if he had scored that one at the end. look forward to seeing more of him.

cisse 4/10 a bad touch on the break doomed what was the best chance in the second half.

yup. those are my thoughts. 

It is so weird being on the West Coast. It's 7am and we've missed a bunch of games already.

yeah. living in portland in the dark ages of coverage i recall being at kell's irish pub at 5am more than once to catch games. fuckers wouldn't even serve beer until 7am. 

This year's PL seems odd.

Leicester is unbeaten. Tottenham hasn't won (and, on the normal side, has a leaky defence). Sunderland got a point. West Ham could beat Arsenal, but no-one else. Crystal Palace is seemingly an okay team, even with Alan Pardew. And Everton won last week. Convincingly.

Has hell frozen over?

This year's PL seems odd.

Leicester is unbeaten. Tottenham hasn't won (and, on the normal side, has a leaky defence). Sunderland got a point. West Ham could beat Arsenal, but no-one else. Crystal Palace is seemingly an okay team, even with Alan Pardew. And Everton won last week. Convincingly.

Has hell frozen over?

and newcastle is second in money spent! the fans are behind the team. what in the fuck?

The NE teams did better than predicted. West Ham had calamitous FBs reminiscent of 'Pool in recent years. Perhaps they can replace Cresswell with Cissokho.

Spurs vs. Leicester was entertaining but I expected more goals. Leicester looked clueless whenever the ball got into their penalty area.

Archived