The Baratheon Bastards, Any Impact On The Story?

Blazfemur

Gendry almost slept with his half-sister. We meet one when Catelyn crosses The Eyrie, and are given brief backstory on her betrothal.

Will any of these of Kingsblood matter? Will Gendry?

Haven't they already mattered? Gendry had a piece in Arya's story and Edric Storm was in Stannis'. Just because they are supporting characters don't mean that they don't have a meaning.

Well, it is not too late. I have a son. You have a daughter.

if the gods are good, she’ll forget she was a Stark. She’ll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall.”

They had to have somebody to be the heir to the storm end.
One of them would be legitimized finally by new king or queen.

Probably Edric, he was raised in StormEnd after all.. Perhaps Gendry as his castellan and heir while he reaches the age to makes some..

Mya will be used by Littlefinger in some way. Maybe as evidence against Cersei, or maybe some power play for the Stormlands.

Edric is IMO likely the way that Aegon took Storm's End "by stealth". There are people at Storm's End loyal to Edric, so making Edric lord would give Aegon access easily without fighting.

Gendry will forge the sword that eventually becomes Lightbringer. No, he is not AA, he is a blachsmith, eldest son of Robert Baratheon, forging a sword out of the fragments of Ice and possibly a Targ sword, and the sacrifices leading to the forging have already been made or are in the works: Ned killed with Ice, Ice split by Lannisters, The fragments used to kill a Lannister or two, etc. Who Gendry is is a key part of the magic that makes the final sword.

At the end of the books Gendry may also be Lord of Storm's End. Him or Mya will get it. Edric will die.

Probably Edric, he was raised in StormEnd after all.. Perhaps Gendry as his castellan and heir while he reaches the age to makes some..

I thought Edric was on Dragonstone for at least a good share of his childhood.  He and Shireen took lessons together and were playmates. 

Gendry is an excellent valonqar candidate.  Younger brother of at least one of Robert's bastards, Robert's strength which means unlike most of the junior characters mentioned he could actually strangle a grown woman to death.

I thought Edric was on Dragonstone for at least a good share of his childhood.  He and Shireen took lessons together and were playmates. 

Gendry is an excellent valonqar candidate.  Younger brother of at least one of Robert's bastards, Robert's strength which means unlike most of the junior characters mentioned he could actually strangle a grown woman to death.

I believe Edric's time with Shireen all took place during A Storm of Swords. Edric was sent to Storm's End, because Stannis did not want him around. Edric's existence is a slight on his honor, as well as the honor of Selyse and House Florent in general. He was sent to Storm's End to live with Renly for that reason (especially because living in King's Landing with Robert wasn't an option). I don't think he met Shireen until Stannis killed Cortnay Penrose and took Storm's End.

Gendry as valonqar is definitely interesting. It would be absolutely fantastic to have one of Robert Baratheon's true children be the one who takes Cersei out.

That would explain how they took StormEnd so easily, could you provide a link to the theory?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/102502-does-the-golden-company-has-edric-storm-and-his-guardians-make-your-own-crackpot/page-2
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/3g186j/spoilers_all_the_return_of_edric_storm/

There are more, but the search doesn't work for me right now. It's very basic. I think it's worthy of further exploration.

Unless JonCon is very private about his own thoughts (which I doubt), I don't think he has Edric with him at the moment. He doesn't have a way to know if his men have him either (as not all of them have landed).

If we believe that Varys have his own men in the GC, it's likely he told him to get Eric and his protectors and bring them to Jon for an eventual use.

[spoiler]
Nevertheless, we know that the take of Storm's End was 'bloody', according to Arianne. This could be only rumours, though.
[/spoiler]

Forgive me for asking, but how having Edric Storm make it easier to capture Storm's End?

They refused to give him to stannis at first, meaning that at least the household had some kind of empathy for him you could say they loved him, if the GC could bring him back and promise that Aegon will give Edric StormEnd if he takes the throne would surely sound tempting

The only thing that keeps me sceptical about Edric on fAegon's team is that Jon Connington is not fond of Robert's kids. But who knows...

If Edric is truly on fAegon's side,then I expect Gendry and Brotherhood without Banners joining Dany and Tyrion in Riverlands when she marches from Vale to southern kingdoms.

Since she will be believed to be Azor Ahai,I can see BwB and river lords joining her cause,especially if she wipes out Freys for what they did during Red Wedding.

While Dany and fAegon will have their dance, Edric and Gendry might battle each other as well. Crazy,I know,but out of two,I expect Gendry surviving more likely. There is a reason why he is so much polished out of Baratheon bastards.

Well, it is not too late. I have a son. You have a daughter.

if the gods are good, she’ll forget she was a Stark. She’ll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall.”

It would really piss Arya off to come home and find out Sansa married Gendry. Maybe Sansa will marry Hot-Pie instead. That would be entertaining.

Archived