The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

21 hours ago, dbunting said:

If you read the whole thing, it was based on credited appearances on IMBD as of the day I posted it.

I did read the whole thing, but the list very obviously includes appearances including episodes that haven't aired yet, so it's a bit of a spoiler. For example, Rick and Coarrrl both have 83 appearances, which means that they will definitely survive until the final episode of the season, because at that point we will be up to 83 episodes in total. Well, they're unkillable anyway, but you get my point.

10 hours ago, Gears of the Beast said:

Yeah it was shit. Might be time to abandon ship, I don't think this show is going anywhere besides more tedium and terrible writing. 

Do they even have a plan for how to bring the story to a close or is it just going to go round in circles, doing the same plots all over again with marginally different specifics until people stop watching?

It needs a sense of direction and progression (and better writing, but sometimes that comes with a sense of purpose).

1 minute ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Do they even have a plan for how to bring the story to a close or is it just going to go round in circles, doing the same plots all over again with marginally different specifics until people stop watching?

It needs a sense of direction and progression (and better writing, but sometimes that comes with a sense of purpose).

I'd like an answer to this as well. Because at the end of season 1 if felt like the goal was to actually figure out what's going on with the zombies and how to stop it. That was a compelling narrative, this is not. 

13 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Glen not dying, getting a bit tiresome, but worse still, it wasn't the zombies that shoulda killed him but the feckin' automatic weapons being fired right at him with only weak zombie flesh between him and a whole lot of bullets. He could have at least been grazed in a couple of non-vital places from clean bullets.

I guess theoretically a person can survive being shot through the eye at close range, but really there should have been an exit wound in the temple to show that the bullet didn't go into the skull. I don't care if the initial shot may not have killed Coral, but a bullet to the brain under those conditions of extremely limited medical care and complete lack of neurosurgeon means certain death not too long after. 

I

Agree about Glenn, and not just because he is in my deadpool! How the hell could he not have been hit at least once in that barrage of automatic fire?

And the eye shot was explained on the Talking dead. It shows the wound better, it didn't hit his eye it hit the orbital bone on the outside and bone fragments penetrated his eye. I was shocked and thought he was dead when watching, then pissed when he was alive until they explained it.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I don't think we will see that until the ratings start dipping. They have the highest rated show in television with a premise that allows you to kill off anyone who asks for too much money. I will stick by my theory that Judith will get bit someday and not die from it. That babies born after the zombie apocalypse started will be immune to it and that will in it self be the cure.

Well the Alexandria plot could be taking the Show into a whole new direction, with the construction of a new civilization being the main goal for the next number of seasons. The migratory storyline could finally be behind us.

That said, I haven't read the comics, so for all I know the Alexandria plot was just a pitstop on the continuing story, and like the Prison it could also fall by the wayside.

I hope that Alexandria gradually grows, with Rick becoming less of a warrior and more of a general, with larger and larger forces at his command, gradually spreading civilization across the continent again.

I must be in the minority but I think the walking dead is one of my favourite shows of all time, & I really do believe it keeps getting better. I was not expecting the bazooka explosion, I really thought abraham was going down in that moment so I was literally blown away when neegan's dudes went up in flames.
I was annoyed that they ignored the final moment from the mid season finale of sam calling out to his mother amidst the horde. they just moved that same moment a few scenes later, seemed weird.
really glad that denise made it out alive & got her shit together to assist her patients. I have a thing for medical gals, & the presence of another (possibly?) queer character makes me happy.
the stand off toward the end with everyone joining in was amazing, & I really enjoyed how eugene called it "a story everyone will tell".
yeah, I love this show. it's fumbled a few times (mainly the governor's story being stretched into season 4) but I'm really surprised to hear so many negative opinions. that's cool too though, gives me a new critical perspective.
big fan of this recent episode.

13 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

The super hack and slash montage at the end was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Can't argue with you on this, I literally cringed while it was happening. Looking at it now I would bet it was a shout out to the books (which I have never read). If you look at their faces and how it was framed it reminds me of a panel from a comic book.

Loved the episode. This is TWD so I could join in and pick it apart until I hate it but I'm not going to. This was exactly the episode this season needed.

9 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

I did read the whole thing, but the list very obviously includes appearances including episodes that haven't aired yet, so it's a bit of a spoiler. For example, Rick and Coarrrl both have 83 appearances, which means that they will definitely survive until the final episode of the season, because at that point we will be up to 83 episodes in total. Well, they're unkillable anyway, but you get my point.

IMDB can be edited by any user, and has been wrong before. I remember reading the description of the S5 finale some time before it aired, and it was completely different from what was in the actual episode. So the 83 appearances doesn't guarantee anything.

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

And the eye shot was explained on the Talking dead. It shows the wound better, it didn't hit his eye it hit the orbital bone on the outside and bone fragments penetrated his eye. I was shocked and thought he was dead when watching, then pissed when he was alive until they explained it.

Fair enough, looking a a side-on image it's clear the bullet made a deep graze  and so would not have hit anything vital.

10 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Well the Alexandria plot could be taking the Show into a whole new direction, with the construction of a new civilization being the main goal for the next number of seasons. The migratory storyline could finally be behind us.

That said, I haven't read the comics, so for all I know the Alexandria plot was just a pitstop on the continuing story, and like the Prison it could also fall by the wayside.

I hope that Alexandria gradually grows, with Rick becoming less of a warrior and more of a general, with larger and larger forces at his command, gradually spreading civilization across the continent again.

I think we need to be done with the constant moving. 

It served a purpose in that it allowed them to cycle in new redshirts -and the occasional good character- but..enough. Let's breathe a bit. 

I hate to agree with Cyanidepie, but he is right, the continuity in this episode was really bad and drew me out of the story in places.

Other than that, the episode was amazing. The Wolf/Denise story line was incredible, Having both Father Gabriel and Eugene get some redemption was really nice, and the over all story itself was in no way predictable. All in all, this was an excellent episode of television, and if you still hate it by this point, you should probably just move along...

13 hours ago, Gears of the Beast said:

I'd like an answer to this as well. Because at the end of season 1 if felt like the goal was to actually figure out what's going on with the zombies and how to stop it. That was a compelling narrative, this is not. 

I think that plot for Season 1 was one of the major disagreements between Darabont and the creator of the comics. "It's not about the zombies!! It's about people!!" -- every single zombie fan ever.

That said...I think AMC milks this forever. It's their most successful show and doesn't have the sort of artistic cred that Mad Men had, which would be negatively impacted by just never fucking ending. 

I mean, it can end, some of the actors might want to do other things but it is a zombie show. Very few of them can't be replaced. Like, two. But they've already proven what they'll do to get more out of this show. 

I honestly loved the episode. But, if you don't like it...I don't know that it'll get much better. This is what counts as a high point imo, between the tedium and all the convenient bullshit (Darryl getting the launcher, Glenn not fucking dying, every silent zombie ever). 

Is Grabriel like not allowed to be killed off due to the black male controversy on the Show? Because it feels like they are looking for reasons for that psycho to remain relevant. Trying to craft a plot role for him where there really is none.

How can he still be around, but the likes of Tyrese, T-Dog and that kid that helped Beth during the hospital escape are all dead? Boggles the mind.

16 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Loved the episode. This is TWD so I could join in and pick it apart until I hate it but I'm not going to. This was exactly the episode this season needed.

IMDB can be edited by any user, and has been wrong before. I remember reading the description of the S5 finale some time before it aired, and it was completely different from what was in the actual episode. So the 83 appearances doesn't guarantee anything.

Correct. I just used it as a base for a point system since something was needed. We sure as heck couldn't rank them 1-20 based on if we think the will die, that defeats the purpose.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Correct. I just used it as a base for a point system since something was needed. We sure as heck couldn't rank them 1-20 based on if we think the will die, that defeats the purpose.

Well, I guess I probably overthought it. At least the Alpha Wolf died, so I get a couple of points.

About that: Why did we have to build up the Wolfs like they're this huge deal? All of them are dead and we still don't know anything about them. Why do they have Ws in their foreheads? What is their goal? Why do they like killing people so much? Are they all dead now? At least we knew why the Terminus guys were such douches, becasue the show actually showed us how they became who they were.

I actually liked the montage. It was something else then the usual chop-and-slash-scenes that always look the same.

23 minutes ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

Well, I guess I probably overthought it. At least the Alpha Wolf died, so I get a couple of points.

About that: Why did we have to build up the Wolfs like they're this huge deal? All of them are dead and we still don't know anything about them. Why do they have Ws in their foreheads? What is their goal? Why do they like killing people so much? Are they all dead now? At least we knew why the Terminus guys were such douches, becasue the show actually showed us how they became who they were.

I actually liked the montage. It was something else then the usual chop-and-slash-scenes that always look the same.

I agree about the Wolves. There seemed to be a build up and no pay off. Maybe the writers wanted it that way, to have some type of feeling like maybe they aren't all gone? Or it was just another band of crazy people like the claimers?

Archived