The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

1 hour ago, dooog said:

How come he doesn't have any bag or supplies or tools. And why was he wearing a big heavy leather jacket with a woolly winter hat when it's summertime in Georgia. And wasn't Daryl looking at him and giving him the finger literally seconds before Rick pulled away.

Rick and Daryl didn't have any bags or supplies with them, at least none visible, when they were at the gas station.  Maybe Jesus had a vehicle somewhere nearby.  He's obviously part of a camp in the area.  

His clothing is probably the only that makes sense in the zombie apocalypse.  When someone is outside of a protective zone and there be zombies, they need to be wearing thicker clothing. Half the zombie bite deaths on this show occur because it's instinct to put one's arm up to block the bite, but that just leaves a mass of pretty skin exposed.  They all should be wearing something like a leather jacket.  The beanie would serve the purpose of keeping the hair out of the face, keeping hair away from zombie and enemy fingers (half these women annoy the fuck out of me when they are running around with ten feet of hair hanging down their backs), keeping the hair cleaner (probably not having daily hot showers like Alexandria and if he's spending time outside a safe zone, the beanie can help protect from stuff like fleas and ticks {good reason for him to be wearing the kerchief as well, btw}), wicking away sweat.  

I don't know how Daryl could have been looking at him.  Daryl was in the passenger seat while Jesus was tied up on the driver's side of the van. Without xray eyes, Daryl couldn't have seen Jesus.  It seemed obvious Daryl was just flipping off the general direction where Jesus was. 

On February 22, 2016 at 1:47 PM, dbunting said:

It would have been more believable had they used characters other than Rick and Darryl, but I think they were used to set up Jesus to be a new badass. I mean, if this ninja Houdini can get the best of those two then he must be formidable right?

As (Relic I believe?) stated earlier, Darryl only drives choppers man!

And yes, as a Michigan man, pop was a nice reference. I lived in the south for a couple years, 3rd and 4th grade, and took a while to grasp what a soda was.

Sodas the shit in a box we put near cat litter to fight odor. Pop is in a can or bottle and normal Americans drink it and call it pop because thats what it is, fuck soda! 

I think Abraham is effing up with this lurking love triangle thingy between Rosita and Sasha and will end up in a bad place, eventually headspun. He's in way over his head with these two. 

I liked this episode. Jesus seems like he could be a good character, people mostly acted rationally, and the attack on Negan should be interesting. I don't know about this food shortage though; I grew up in the DC suburbs and I'm pretty sure they would at least have an unlimited supply of venison. And the deer are so dumb you could probably walk right up and cut their throats, no need to waste ammo.

Ok so there is clearly someone being set up to die soon. This whole mercenary mission has bad things written all over it. They may be successful in destroying the Neegan group but may lose themselves in the process. You could definitely see some people splitting off to the hilltop area. I half expected Abraham to do it this episode based on how he was acting. Or Maggie and Glenn since this group seems more peaceful.

The Neegan thing could go even worse if they lose a few people and still don't kill him and his group since they will be out seeking revenge.

Why was Carol absent from this one? I had thought maybe she was shadowing them on their way to Hilltop as back up but that never materialized. 

I enjoyed the episode, even though it felt a bit slow. I am liking the fact the the writers left themselves with such a large group of possibilities right now. I think this series can probably go on for a substantial amount of time longer.

The one thing I didn't quite get was the auto accident scene. How did a bunch of walkers get in a car wreck? I just can't picture a scenario that scene plays out. They were trapped inside the car.

1 hour ago, Howdyphillip said:

The one thing I didn't quite get was the auto accident scene. How did a bunch of walkers get in a car wreck? I just can't picture a scenario that scene plays out. They were trapped inside the car.

It seemed to me that the car had hit/ran over a handful of walkers and it caused the crash.

Sorry for the double post, but I just had a thought this morning while reflecting on last night's episode.

I wonder if there is a chance that the wall falling at Alexandria will be the last big walker threat that we see for a while. I know it's been going in the direction for a while now that other people are a bigger threat than walkers. I wouldn't be surprised to see that being the case most of the time going forward.

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

Ok so there is clearly someone being set up to die soon. This whole mercenary mission has bad things written all over it. They may be successful in destroying the Neegan group but may lose themselves in the process. You could definitely see some people splitting off to the hilltop area. I half expected Abraham to do it this episode based on how he was acting. Or Maggie and Glenn since this group seems more peaceful.

I can't. As with the Alexandrians the Hill Top people are just kinda incompetent. Alexandria is better in just about every way, Rick is a better leader and there's less chance of death by spear and Negan and his goons don't know about it yet.

They're "peaceful" the same way sheep are: they have no choice. Sure, Alexandria is rushing into this Negan thing but he's already made it quite clear that he'll fuck with whoever he finds. It was going to happen eventually. 

14 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

I liked this episode. Jesus seems like he could be a good character, people mostly acted rationally, and the attack on Negan should be interesting. I don't know about this food shortage though; I grew up in the DC suburbs and I'm pretty sure they would at least have an unlimited supply of venison. And the deer are so dumb you could probably walk right up and cut their throats, no need to waste ammo.

I'm still not sure about Jesus... I'm not sure I quite trust him yet due to his insane skills; he might also be very deceptive (as he was when he stole the truck.

53 minutes ago, Knute said:

I'm still not sure about Jesus... I'm not sure I quite trust him yet due to his insane skills; he might also be very deceptive (as he was when he stole the truck.

he does feel like he has leapt out of a superhero comic as opposed to a zombie one. Or like an 8 year old won a competition to create a character for the show. I wonder when the novelty will wear off of characters proclaiming "Jesus" all the time?

1 minute ago, red snow said:

he does feel like he has leapt out of a superhero comic as opposed to a zombie one. Or like an 8 year old won a competition to create a character for the show. I wonder when the novelty will wear off of characters proclaiming "Jesus" all the time?

Yeh.. It seems a bit strange that he can outsmart and outmanouvre both Daryl and Rick. I mean Daryl has been shown to be incredibly competent when it comes to fighting and decision making... It seems a bit far fetched that this guy can disarm them with ease.

Well this was a refreshing episode. We are now getting down to the business end of bartering and surviving after the collapse of society. Things are getting a bit more realistic.

What started to come through in this episode - although not as strongly as it should have yet - is that the only thing of real value in the post-apocalypse world is guns and ammo. Those with the guns hold all the leverage.

Our friends were just being nice to old Gregory or whatever whatshisface the wannabe king of the Art of the Deal calls himself. No way should they trade any ammo to these guys. Ammo is gold. When I saw the Hilltop guys with spears on the walls I almost laughed. Seriously. It was like Cortez arriving in the New World, only in this case Cortez's group wasn't armed with single shot muskets but with AK47's and semi-automatic 9mm pistols.

Anyway, I think the attack on Negan is going to go badly wrong. He has been built up too much to be easy pickings. I suspect Darryl is done for before Season's end. That's the "price" that Maggie foresaw would be paid. Call it a mother's instincts.

Darryl is done.

3 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Well this was a refreshing episode. We are now getting down to the business end of bartering and surviving after the collapse of society. Things are getting a bit more realistic.

What started to come through in this episode - although not as strongly as it should have yet - is that the only thing of real value in the post-apocalypse world is guns and ammo. Those with the guns hold all the leverage.

Our friends were just being nice to old Gregory or whatever whatshisface the wannabe king of the Art of the Deal calls himself. No way should they trade any ammo to these guys. Ammo is gold. When I saw the Hilltop guys with spears on the walls I almost laughed. Seriously. It was like Cortez arriving in the New World, only in this case Cortez's group wasn't armed with single shot muskets but with AK47's and semi-automatic 9mm pistols.

Anyway, I think the attack on Negan is going to go badly wrong. He has been built up too much to be easy pickings. I suspect Darryl is done for before Season's end. That's the "price" that Maggie foresaw would be paid. Call it a mother's instincts.

Darryl is done.

I agree with everything you've said apart from the Daryl part. It just seems unrealistic to me for Daryl to die; he's one of the smartest and most calculated members of the group and pretty much always knows when something's up.

The move by Jesus in the previous episode was pretty strange though. Did he purposely sink that truck in order to get rid of the food supply that was to go to Alexandria and therefore pretty much force them to barter with his group? In any way I don't think Jesus is to be trusted in any way shape or form and I also believe the guy in the truck with Rick at the end of the episode will end up turning against the group.

7 minutes ago, Knute said:

I agree with everything you've said apart from the Daryl part. It just seems unrealistic to me for Daryl to die; he's one of the smartest and most calculated members of the group and pretty much always knows when something's up.

As a character, though, Daryl seems to have done all he can do. It seems like that character on the show has just run its course at this point and the writers are basically setting him up to bite the bullet.

34 minutes ago, MisterOJ said:

As a character, though, Daryl seems to have done all he can do. It seems like that character on the show has just run its course at this point and the writers are basically setting him up to bite the bullet.

So basically what you're saying is that the writers calculated that it is now safe to kill off Daryl without incurring the mass riots that fans had once threatened them with. :P

2 hours ago, Knute said:

Yeh.. It seems a bit strange that he can outsmart and outmanouvre both Daryl and Rick. I mean Daryl has been shown to be incredibly competent when it comes to fighting and decision making... It seems a bit far fetched that this guy can disarm them with ease.

The same Daryl who was outsmarted by 3 goons and the same Daryl outsmarted by firecrackers and who took 1 vehicle?

Are they so replete with cars that they can totally forget about the perfectly adequate car they left behind at the barn where they picked up the now sunken truck? Or did they walk all the way back to the barn carrying an unconscious prisoner and get the car and then drive back to Alexandria? Or maybe someone who had no idea where this barn was hiked all the way out there to pick it up, off camera.

Someone's got to bite it in the fight against Negan. I'm wondering about Michonne. Rick and particularly Michonne have found love again, Carl is cool with it and everyone is pleased for them. Something has to go wrong. Though at this point I think Rick dying would be more palatable to the audience than Michonne. And with Maggie being set up to be the leader/spokesperson Rick just becomes a guy with a gun and a willingness to use it.

Yeah I don't see any particular reason that Daryl should bite it any time soon.  Rick i can see going, but mainly because he sort of passed the negotiating torch to Maggie.  And because he's reached a 'happy place' in his life, with everything going well between him and Carl, Judith safe and provided for, and a developing relationship with Michonne.  So, I guess as far as the 'found happy place' = 'not long for this world' trope goes, he could be a goner.

It's easy to imagine a heroic end for him in the fight against Negan's crew, too.  Where he dies fighting to keep the bargain Maggie made to provide for Alexandria. 

Not sure how I feel about the preemptive slaughter of Negan and co.  I get that they are a looming and likely unavoidable conflict that needs to be addressed in one way or another.  I guess I'm just not sure exactly what the plan is there.  Are they going in to slit throats in the night?  Will there be some sort of parley where Negan and/or his followers are offered the chance to leave?  And what about non-combatants and or prisoners/serfs etc.  I get the feeling this is the sort of community that has a lot of unwilling/captive/indentured help to it.  So hopefully they aren't just going to walk in blasting away at anything that moves. 

Archived