The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

I will say that I'll take a dumb episode where stuff happens over the usual boring bullshit we get during half the episodes of this show.  They released another Honest Trailer for this show last week that sums it up pretty perfectly.  In an eight episode half-season, you get two great episodes, two good episodes, and four episodes of boring filler.  Last night will probably end up being considered one of the two good ones, and the opening, by Walking Dead standards at least, was a great one.  That means two of the next six episodes won't suck!

2 hours ago, Swordfish said:

Yeah.  I agree.

I actually liked episode one, but this one was a clunker.

Yea I liked the first episode too which I now feel compelled to acknowledge since I shit on last night's episode.  :lol:

They needed to cover Rick & Michonne getting together, Carl's survival and apparent recovery, and the introduction of a new character (and likely plot-line).  Hopefully, it was just an awkward transitional episode.

2 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

This episode was abysmal. Jesus somehow magicking his way out of the ropes and silently getting on top of the truck in the time it took rick to spin the key around his finger was the stupidest thing for me. I'm sure there's some idiotic fanboy rationale for that though.

That was one of the worst scenes I've ever seen. Hardwick would rationalize it I'm sure.

Well, he is Jesus.

Nice to see Rick and Michonne getting together, but seriously does it have to be in an episode where the biggest supply crisis is total depletion of toothpaste? But even so, Rick manages to find some breath mints and they don't bloody use them before starting to snog! Come on, a little consideration for each others olfactory sensibilities. Then again, they live in a world where the stench of living dead flesh is a daily thing, so perhaps stale breath doesn't even register on the olfactory assault scale.

Based on that last scene, Jesus will obviously be an ally.  Still, it's so laughable that neither Daryl nor Rick thought to look under his cap to see if he had a W on his forehead or to wonder in their on-the-nose-dialogue whether or not Jesus recently lost a bunch of buddies to an RPG.  

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Well, he is Jesus.

Nice to see Rick and Michonne getting together, but seriously does it have to be in an episode where the biggest supply crisis is total depletion of toothpaste? But even so, Rick manages to find some breath mints and they don't bloody use them before starting to snog! Come on, a little consideration for each others olfactory sensibilities. Then again, they live in a world where the stench of living dead flesh is a daily thing, so perhaps stale breath doesn't even register on the olfactory assault scale.

Lets not forget that Rick had run half a marathon that day and he didn't look like he had taken a shower.

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Lets not forget that Rick had run half a marathon that day and he didn't look like he had taken a shower.

Well, hopefully between couch and bed a detour to the shower was made. I mean showering together is good foreplay right, it doesn't have to be an interruption to proceedings?

On 2/21/2016 at 9:26 PM, SpaceChampion said:

Is Rick Cincinnatus?  Good video on the philosophy of the Walking Dead. 

Thanks for the share. I really enjoyed hearing someone articulate some of the thoughts that I have had while watching the seasons of this show. The focus on philosophy and Roman government was particularly poignant. All in all, it was a 20 minutes well invested.

I appreciate that the show wanted to do a somewhat light-hearted episode and offer up some time to breathe before the inevitable shit hits the fan but I could not bring myself to like this episode. One would think that after finding a veritable goldmine, Rick and Daryl would take the truck and car straight back to Alexandria before heading out again. Rick and Daryl acting completely out of character just to show that this Jesus guy is a badass was the deal breaker.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Lets not exaggerate. He is not a teleporter, just a ninja / escape artist.

How come he doesn't have any bag or supplies or tools. And why was he wearing a big heavy leather jacket with a woolly winter hat when it's summertime in Georgia. And wasn't Daryl looking at him and giving him the finger literally seconds before Rick pulled away.

1 hour ago, dooog said:

How come he doesn't have any bag or supplies or tools. And why was he wearing a big heavy leather jacket with a woolly winter hat when it's summertime in Georgia. And wasn't Daryl looking at him and giving him the finger literally seconds before Rick pulled away.

Ninjas conceal their weapons as do magicians and escape artists! Houdini would keep hand cuff keys in his rectum! Fear the JESUS ninja!

Archived