The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

Alright you guys leave my sweet Rosita out of those damn death pools. Kill off Tara, Sasha, Father Gabriel or Eugene if you must.

Question: Did Daryls iconic crossbow get blasted by that bazooka in the opening, it seems like the biker assholes had confiscated it at the end of last season iirc?

1 hour ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Sam's whole flashback really made me laugh. He just froze when he remembered mommy telling him the monsters were going to eat him

Which episode do you think we will see all of Negan, as opposed to just his legs? I'm guessing the end of next one.

Also, how good did Carrie Underwood look on Talking Dead? Fish is one lucky dude. 

That was Carol's scare tactics from when he caught her stealing coming back to take root, not his mother.

1 hour ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Sam's whole flashback really made me laugh. He just froze when he remembered mommy telling him the monsters were going to eat him. 

Which episode do you think we will see all of Negan, as opposed to just his legs? I'm guessing the end of next one.

Also, how good did Carrie Underwood look on Talking Dead? Fish is one lucky dude. 

She is really looking good, isn't she? I'm not a fan of hers so I wasn't really aware. 

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Alright you guys leave my sweet Rosita out of those damn death pools. Kill off Tara, Sasha, Father Gabriel or Eugene if you must.

Question: Did Daryls iconic crossbow get blasted by that bazooka in the opening, it seems like the biker assholes had confiscated it at the end of last season iirc?

The guy who took his motorcycle has it I think.  

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:43 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:
Rick Grimes 83
Carl Grimes 83
Daryl Dixon 81
Carol Peletier 80
Maggie Greene 76
Glenn Rhee 73
Michonne 64
Sasha Williams 53

Tara Chambler 39
Sgt. Abraham Ford 36
Rosita Espinosa 36
Dr. Eugene Porter 36
Father Gabriel Stokes 31

Aaron - Gay guy 22
Morgan Jones 21
Jessie Anderson Ricks new girl 21
Spencer Monroe boss lady son 19

Sam Anderson younger son 10
Ron Anderson her older son 9
Enid 7
Alpha Wolf 5
Dr. Denise Cloyd 5

Wait, how does Spencer have 19 appearances? That can't be right, they have only been in Alexandria for two half-seasons. Does this list include the upcoming half-season?

If you read the whole thing, it was based on credited appearances on IMBD as of the day I posted it. BTW, I am up in my dead pool. RIP Sam and Alpha Wolf!  Really thought Abraham and Glenn were gonners and that would have sealed the half season long deal in just this episode!

Well that started off with a bang, sorry, had to. For a second I really though Abraham was going to die before Darryl could save them.

Didn't see the entire family dying like that! Sam and/or Ron yeah, but thought Jessie was safe.

I was like holy crap when Ron fired the gun, knew it was going to hit someone else, didn't expect it to be CAAARLLLL. And I was like damn, his dying word was Dad.... But of course he didn't die from a gunshot at close range to the EYE!?

Also, the flaming pit was a little cheesy, but we have seen them drawn to fire before. Seems like a good defense system would be a series of fire pits spaced out around your perimeter?

And Glenn, cmon man, how many times can he escape being completely surrounded by them? Nice shout outs to people from past seasons though, Dale, Herschel, Tyreese, etc..

This was so fucking terrible.  I think I'm just so over the idea that Rick is someone that anyone would want to follow after several years of so much fail.  I mean, almost everyone agreed that the zombie train plan was fucking stupid, though there was disagreement over what way would have been better.  I figured fire would be stupid, too, as there's no way to contain it.  But the show decided that it's apparently easily containable and had Daryl set a fire trap for all the zombies to walk into and die, and I guess it's resulted in Alexandria and everything around it not burning to the ground.  Totally made Rick's zombie walk look even more unnecessary than it was. Of course, it also resulted in shameful waste of a valuable weapon when a fucking match would have achieved the same thing, but I'm betting RPG's will start growing on trees soon, in the same way bullets do.  I guess the one good thing that can be said about this episode is that Rick finally decided he really shouldn't work towards eliminating all the peeps in Alexandria because he kinda needs people if he wants to have a safe harbor.  But of course, these people are already doomed with Rickleader, as everything he touches turns to shit.  

Ugh, I'm so over this bullshit.  I respectfully ask that all of you shame me out of this thread if I insist on continuing to watch this show and then coming to post about how much I now hate it.  

That's was a great show, imho. I never read the comics, but I've known that Carl lost a eye in them. Im glad they made it happen, I love when the show stays close to the original content. Sad to see Rick's love interest become a zombie snack, thought that was going somewhere. With the introduction of Neegan drawing close, I think this show has regained its momentum.

I thought it was a surprisingly good episode. Against my expectations.

The episode was intense and unpredictable, with Jessie and entire family's deaths coming a bit out of nowhere, but it certainly had the impact the show runners would have wished for.

I thought Abraham was a goner and the sudden bazooka explosion was really out of nowhere. Great opening, other than the inexplicably lame way in which our three warriors got held up by the bikers in the first place.

I actually liked Rick's mental awakening speech at the end, where he finally accepts the role of leader of the previously worthless Alexandrians. I still believe that Rick is the Moses of this New World, who will lead humanity to the promised land, but not get there himself, with Carl being the eventual Joshua who will be the first "President" of the new United States, thanks to Rick's efforts that came before.

That said, this is the Walking Dead, with its inevitable weak parts inter mingled with the good.

The Wolf's moral turnaround was just lame. Rick trusting Gabriel with Judith is ridiculous. And as I said before, the setup for the biker bazooka bonanza was the lamest thing I have seen on Walking Dead ever. The guys just got out of the truck, walked up to evil looking dudes with machine guns in their hands, and handed over their pistols, ready to be executed.

But that kind of comes with the territory. In order to set up some drama, the Show doesn't mind using lame, lazy writing to get to the dramatic scenes.

I also liked the tribute from Glen to long forgotten guys like Dale, who was one of my favorites on the early Show. Wish he was still around. His philosophical musings carried so much more weight than those of the intellectual lightweights that now surround Rick.

Anyway, I like where this is going, with Rick now the true leader of the entire Alexandria clan. Things are going to get interesting from here on.

Oh, and although I am not a comic reader, I once made the mistake of reading some random entries on the Walking Dead wiki, and was sadly spoiled regarding Carl's eye-thing, although I did not know how it was going to happen. Pity, as it robbed me of the shock that this scene should have elicited. Anyway, now that its over, I can relax and enjoy the rest of the unknown future in the Walking dead world.

Looking forward to the rest of Season 6.

5 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The bazooka explosion wasn't out of nowhere.  I feel like I'm the only one who remembers they had the thing.  

Everyone likely remembered they had it. In fact, from the start I was going - "Get the bazooka, get the bazooka, idiots!"

But it just seemed highly unlikely that Darryl would be able to kill the biker guy without anyone else noticing, take the bazooka out of its box, load it up and fire it at the guys looking directly in his direction, with AK47's in their hands.

So the Show nicely glossed over how it was actually achieved, and set us up for a nice biker barbeque out of nowhere.

A more realistic scenario would have been if they had the bazooka in the truck with them, and when the bikers tried to hold them up, Abe leaned out the window and let them have it without breaking stride. But of course, then they couldn't have had the "cool" (in the Showrunners' opinion), conversation setting us up for Negan's arrival.

As I said, the setup was lame, but the outcome was what I would have expected from the start. The moronic scene where our guys actually got out of their truck should just be erased from our memories.

This show continues to display a comical lack of give-a-fuck when it comes to continuity. We fade to black midseason with Sam trying to talk to his mom while doing the zombie walk, and then when we come back, that whole thing is just completely ignored.

Then, mid episode it's bright and sunny in one scene, starts raining in the next, goes back to bright and sunny, and then we go to commercial and upon returning it's fucking night time and these people are STILL walking through Alexandra?? Did they just walk in circles around the neighborhood for 4 and a half hours??

This is easily the most poorly filmed and thought out television show to ever exist. There is no concept of spacial relation or a logical passing of time from minute to minute, much less over the course of an entire season. 

Fuck these people are lazy. 

15 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Answering this would force me to go into comic spoilers as a character from earlier in the season who is a character from the comics that most who don't read the comics would know, took it. I'll just say no the crossbow didn't get blown up.

4 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Answering this would force me to go into comic spoilers as a character from earlier in the season who is a character from the comics that most who don't read the comics would know, took it. I'll just say no the crossbow didn't get blown up.

Um, you don't need to imply comic spoilers because all it would take is pointing out the the duo who took the crossbow wasn't with the biker group, at least not at this time.  We know this because we didn't see them in the group.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Um, you don't need to imply comic spoilers because all it would take is pointing out the the duo who took the crossbow wasn't with the biker group, at least not at this time.  We know this because we didn't see them in the group.  

yeah i kind of messed that up lol, but don't worry people Daryl's precious crossbow wasn't destroy *roll eyes*

On 10/02/2016 at 2:12 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

1. Sasha: I think Rick and Carl have plot armour at least through the end of this season. Daryl would cause too much rage quitting so bad for ratings. A lot of people think Glenn should already be dead, but I think with a baby on the way I don;t think they'll break up the family just yet. But I do wonder if they will reprise the Rick/Lorrie situation but this tie have Glenn die and Maggie live; I don't think they will will a pregnant woman / new mother, so Maggie is safe. Carol is slowly losing her mind, so she's got a bit of story to go before she becomes too much of a danger to everyone...and everyone notices and realises something needs to be done. Michonne is the one black character they can't kill IMO. So really that just leaves Sasha.

2. Abraham: He's the most competent in terms of being able to handle the walkers and the wolves, so I think to destabilise the group and make them feel a lot less safe he would be the best person to kill off. And I expect the group will be forced to leave Alexandria at the end of the season because it will no longer be a safe haven. Honourable mention would be Tara. I think the burgeoning love connection might get broken up.

3. Spencer: I don't think they will have the balls to kill of yet another black guy, and especially not Morgan as they went to great lengths to telegraph his return. I also think they've missed that group conscience since killing off Dale. But in this case the group conscience can also kick arse when necessary.

4. Denise: ref group 2, I think Denise will bite it and Tara will be left standing with a broken heart. Could be the other way around, and I would like the group to have a competent, albeit not confident, medic. But I think the she sees Denise as more expendable for pot purposes than Tara. However if Tara bites it and Denise is left heartbroken then next in line would be Alpha Wolf.

Bonus picks:

Alpha Wolf, one of the baddies has to die;

Young Sam, 2 mewling cowards is 1 too many and I don't see Eugene being offed at this point.

Quoting myself because I don't want to have to write it all again.

1, still TBA

2. Still TBA

3. Wow! so wrong, so far. Actually looks like they might be setting up Spencer to be in it for the long haul.

4. So close, but I think she's probably going to live now.

Thank goodness for the bonus picks

Alpha Wolf - dead YES! called it.

Young Sam - even more dead, but also the whole fam damily, that was a good old clean out.

Eugene grows some balls! Nice. Can't realistically be a mewling coward in this world and live.

Glen not dying, getting a bit tiresome, but worse still, it wasn't the zombies that shoulda killed him but the feckin' automatic weapons being fired right at him with only weak zombie flesh between him and a whole lot of bullets. He could have at least been grazed in a couple of non-vital places from clean bullets.

Why was Maggie on a wobbly platform when she could have been pretty safely sitting on the wall walk? Could have avoided the whole Glenn debacle.

When zombies walk into a burning pond and sink they stop burning, which means they don't (re)die.

I guess theoretically a person can survive being shot through the eye at close range, but really there should have been an exit wound in the temple to show that the bullet didn't go into the skull. I don't care if the initial shot may not have killed Coral, but a bullet to the brain under those conditions of extremely limited medical care and complete lack of neurosurgeon means certain death not too long after. 

I do like that the Alexandrians are going to try to reclaim their town. I think it's time for the nomadic phase of the show to end and for the show to turn into a story about re-establishing civilised life. There are 2 groups of rivals in relative proximity, so there's plenty of drama. And you'll have people like Darryl, Aaron and others wanting to go on missions to find others and bring them in. I really really want them to find a chemist and a bulletsmith so that the show can stop getting regular visits from the bullet fairy.

Archived